Organic coconut flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. Ground from dried, defatted coconut meat, coconut flour is high in fiber and low in digestible carbohydrates. A single 2 Tbsp serving of coconut flour delivers 5 grams of fiber with only 8 grams of carbs. This makes it ideal for those following the paleo diet or who need to be carb conscious for their health. Coconut flour is also gluten free and produced in our gluten free facility where it is batch tested using the R5 ELISA Gluten Assay.
The light coconut flavor allows coconut flour to blend seamlessly into sweet or savory baked goods. It makes a wonderful coating for chicken, fish or other proteins in place of regular flour or cornmeal. Because of its high fiber content, baking with coconut flour is a unique experience. Coconut flour requires an equal ratio of liquid to flour for best results. Coconut flour can replace up to 20% of the flour in a recipe, but you will need to add an equal amount of liquid to compensate. We recommend following a recipe designed for coconut flour when getting started. Luckily, we have many recipes to experiment with in our recipe section.
Coconut flour is unsweetened and does not contain added sulfites. It is not considered raw. We recommend storing coconut flour in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to keep it fresh after opening.
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 14 item(s)
- great in smoothies
- I've just discovered this. I'm trying to eat healthy and this is really good in my nutriblast. It's healthy, filling and very tasty. I haven't found anything bad about it so far. It's also giving me protein, which I need.
- Great Product
- To fully appreciate the possibilities of cooking with coconut flour (and other coconut products), read Cooking with Coconut Flour by Bruce Fife.
- Raw Vegan
- I love to find a LOCAL (i.e. made in America) product that I can use in preparing raw vegan recipes. Both this and your ORGANIC (yeah!!) Coconut Flour are wonderful for this purpose.
- Coconut Flour
- I love using this product not only in our human recipes but also for my dogs cookie recipes! Thank you for a fabulous product!
- This is great for all kinds of Raw foods recipes and desserts. So glad I found this made my raw food diet better.
- New experience
- New experience in baking. Wonderful!
- This stuff is great
- Just used this product as an alternate to breading some chicken nuggets. Mixed it with some Flaxseed meal. It worked great. I'm going to start exploring with it more.
- greatest thing in the world lol
- This is an amazing product. I don't miss wheat flour after the excellent tasty fluffy-textured baked goods this produces. :) Don't be fooled- most recipes that use only coconut flour only use about 1/4 cup, because it absorbs so much moisture a little goes a long way. It is also excellent to thicken things with a little tropical taste (is your homemade yoghurt runny? add some). Oh yeah, forgot it
- The BEST for gluten free deserts !
- I use the flour for gluten free breads- cookies - gravies - cakes ect.. for my little boy who is autistic- He detests the yucky after flavor of most other GF flours, this he loves. Only problem being that it is nearly impossible to find stores are always sold out and upon going to the factory to get it I learned that you only make small amounts of it- I was very dissapointed by this, but it is a w
- love it
- I've used it in yeast breads, cookies, where I needed some thickening for dressings. very versatile. my only complaint is that it's not so easy to find.
- Great Baking Aid!
- Coconut flour has been an outstanding find for making whole wheat bread. I use the basic Reinhart method of sponges with home-ground wheat and oats, adding several protein sources from Red Mill. The challenge has always been working with a wet enough dough to have a moist final product without a sticky mess after the rise and proofing. With coconut flour and cut oats the problem is solved. I'm
- Wonderful Pancakes. Low carbohydrate too
- Bake & Breakfast
- Blueberry Cake Recipe w/coconut flour
- I used coconut flour for my gluten free blueberry muffins along with tapioca and rice flour by Bob's Redmill. They were fantastic. The coconut flour absorbed more liquid so I just added additional almond milk. The blueberry muffins were a hit! I found the final product was a little dryer but still moist.
- This is great flour. So ...
- This is great flour. So far I have made red velvet cupcakes and country fried steak using this flour. It tastes amazing and it is very low glycemic! I shared my cupcakes with friends and they loved them as well.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (14g)
Servings Per Container: 32
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories60Calories from Fat20
Total Fat2 g3 %Saturated Fat2 g10 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium30 mg1 %Total Carbohydrate8 g3 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein2 g4 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy