Creating a Sustainable Future
Bob’s Red Mill has made a commitment to sustainability, and our Sustainability Committee is working on initiatives to support nutritious food and a healthy planet.
To acknowledge our contribution to environmental problems by taking dedicated steps to reduce our impact on the planet.
We advocate for sustainability through company-wide collaboration, to provide education and inspire each other to protect and improve our community and the planet.
To be a global leader in promoting a healthy planet through our company practices and individual behaviors.
What We've Accomplished Thus Far
We've made small but important steps towards our goal:
- Removal of single-use plastic water bottles
- Installation of filtered drinking water stations
- Post-consumer waste (PCW) break room supplies
- Removal of single-use creamers in break rooms
- Reduced packaging sizes for less scrap waste
- Energy consumption audit
- Tracking of sustainability-related customer comments and complaints
- PCW and post-industrial waste T-shirts and more
At Our Whole Grain Store Restaurant & Bakery
- PCW to-go items
- Food waste composting
- Sourcing local ingredients
- To-go utensils available only upon request
- B-Corp coffee supplier in restaurant and at all locations
This is just the beginning of a wide-reaching and consistent mission within our company: new announcements coming soon!