Creating a Sustainable Future
Bob’s Red Mill has made a commitment to sustainability, and our Sustainability Committee is working on initiatives to support nutritious food and a healthy planet.
To acknowledge our contribution to environmental problems by taking dedicated steps to reduce our impact on the planet.
We advocate for sustainability through company-wide collaboration, to provide education and inspire each other to protect and improve our community and the planet.
To be a global leader in promoting a healthy planet through our company practices and individual behaviors.
What We're Working On
We've made small but important steps:
Food Made With Integrity
Nourishing a Healthy Planet
- On-site renewable energy with a 120 kW solar system
- Electric Vehicle charging stations
- Committing to climate change action with the Climate Collaborative
- Partnering with Energy Trust of Oregon on world-class efficiency in our operations
- Upcycling rescued mill scrap as local animal feed
- Focusing on waste reduction by eliminating disposables and maximizing recycling & composting
- Optimizing our packaging to minimize impact:
- US-made, BPA-free packaging is right-sized to reduce material and resealable to uphold product quality, to reduce food waste
- Supporting Oregon’s Recycling Modernization Act
- Converted our Oatmeal Cup lids from plastic to paper
- Sourcing local ingredients
- Using a B-Corp coffee supplier
- Proudly 100% employee-owned!
- Giving back to local organizations that are making a difference
- New DEI Specialist to strengthen our commitment to racial justice and equity
This is just the beginning of a wide-reaching and consistent mission within our company: new announcements coming soon!