DetailsBob's Red Mill Unprocessed Miller's Wheat Bran is made by gently separating the protective outer layer of the wheat berry from the endosperm and oil-rich germ. Our unprocessed bran is an excellent source of fiber, and provides a healthy full-bodied texture when added to baked goods or sprinkled over soups, cereals or salads. Adding wheat bran to your diet, with its significant amount of dietary fiber, will help your body to feel satisfied and comfortably full for a longer period of time. Add wheat bran to hot cereals, cold cereals, smoothies, baked goods, casseroles and more. Wheat bran can also be used to replace some of the flour in muffins and cookies. Visit our recipe page for dozens of nutritious recipes using Wheat Bran. Store in the refrigerator or a vacuum-sealed container to preserve freshness.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- I eat it plain ...
- I love this stuff! I eat it plain, by the spoonful. Hubby thinks I'm weird, but it totally fills you up. Plus my doctor says that I have one of the lowest cholesterol counts he's seen ... I think it's from all the fiber!!
- Wonderful Natural Product
- After my daily exercise program, I make an egg white mix that varies between including fruits or veggie/herb combinations. Either way, I add lots of wheat bran and microwave the mix. I then savor eating the fruit mix with fresh non-fat yogurt or the veggie mix with healthy cheeses. There is nothing better! Even though I love to prepare meals for my family, this is my special treat!
- Best Bran Muffins
- I tried the Moist Molasses Bran Muffin recipe on the package. (Most bran muffins are dry and tasteless.) These rock! There's no sugar it uses molasses and applesauce and a little oil. They absolutely are the best. (Keeps well in the freezer to have one at a time.) My only "complaint" is the recipe says it makes 12, it makes 18 muffins (unless you make the jumbo ones). Excellent product and a must
- Best way to add fiber
- Stir it into melted fat-free cheese, add some hot sauce, hot pepper or salsa if you like a kick. Stir into yogurt and let sit overnite. Stir into mashed banana and raisins, as good as banana bread. Add to oatmeal and bread recipes. Be creative. Letting it sit for some time lets it absorb liquid and will be less coarse, if you don't like a coarse texture. For all its benefits, it is well worth ge
- expensive to order online
- I would have loved to order this product online to save time running to health food stores to find only a few bags, and then having to run out again. [...] Ugh! Ordering the 25 lb. bag is most economical but not sure I want to have to re-container all that. Guess I'll keep running to health food stores for a while. I still like the product.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (15g)
Servings Per Container: 18
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories50Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate10 g3 %Dietary Fiber6 g24 %SugarsgN/AProtein2 g4 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium2 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk