Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour is a blend of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, whole grain white sorghum flour, tapioca flour and fava bean flour. It’s just the thing for those sensitive to gluten. Our Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour can replace wheat flour in a variety of recipes with the addition of xanthan gum or guar gum.
One serving of 34 grams contains 3.5 grams of whole grains and 10% of the recommended daily serving of fiber. This flour can be made into delicious homemade baked goods such as cakes, cookies, breads, and breakfast items such as muffins, pancakes, and waffles. Tips for use and a recipe for scrumptious gluten free chocolate chip cookies are on the label.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 56 item(s)
- Yummmy and Thank you!
Love, Love, Love this flour. I am allergic to Rice of any sort and trying to find something GF without Rice flour for baking is awful. Discovered this flour at Thanksgiving in Sprouts and have not seen it since. My sister made a fabulous German Chocolate Cake for me at Xmas.
- Wheat and rice free
I just made banana muffins with this product by mixing with coconut flour. They came out so good! Rice gives me problems also, so this is the best flour mix for me.
- Good for beginners!
Great for starting to learn to bake GF - I don't have to hunt for (and PAY for) a bunch of different flours I might only use once.
- Best GF flour!
Fantastic for bread making. I used applesauce instead of oil. I also got my hands on fresh eggs. Other additions were honey instead of sugar and pumpkin reducing water. Grandsons love the bread!
- pretty good
I made buckwheat pancakes the same way I always have except replaced wheat flour with this flour ( I do 50% buckwheat flour and 50% all purpose) the kids loved them and didn't know the difference. Also it made good muffins. I used 1/4 cup white rice flour in the recipe too and the texture was almost like when you use wheat flour. It is a good replacement.
- Good flavor, Versatile, Light to medium texture
I use this to make tortillas, pie crust and brownies. I love this flour. I've made great brownies with this flour. I plan on using this to make some cakes in the future. If like a nice light nutty taste, this is the flour for you.
- Didn't Like
This is the only Red Mill product I would not buy again. I found this product unappealing in a lot of the same ways listed by other reviewers - I threw mine out too. I also purchased the 1 to 1 gluten-free mixture - and it is perfect - no mixing - use just like flour. Not sure why anyone would buy this product with the 1 to 1 product available.
- Has a funny smell
The flour has a funny smell. Besides the smell, I used it for crepe and it was not that good - it didn't have a smooth texture. Had to mix it 1:3 with another GF flour to obtain better crepe. Won't be buying it again.
- Martha Stewart ginger snap cookie recipe
I just made a batch of Martha Stewart's ginger snap cookies and simply replaced the flour with bobs all purpose gluten free flour and they taste perfect. I made these for my sister in law, so I know what the original is supposed to taste like. Thanks bob.
- Sad and disappointed.
Overwhelming bitter/bean-y taste. I've tried making pancakes, cookies, and quick breads (like banana, corn, etc) and it is still overwhelming.
- strong flavor with bad aftertaste
The flour had a strong, unappetizing flavor. I used it to make cookies and the bad flavor of the flour overpowered the taste of the other ingredients.
- The best option for wheat-free flour.
I use this for to coat and fry many vegetables add well as in "dough" for bean patties/burgers and fritters. I have never experience and bitterness no do I recognize the garbanzo bean taste. My family and I consume garbanzo beans regularly. It works well as a light breading on veggies as well as adding crunchiness to fritters and fried bean patties. This is currently the only flour I prefer. If it's not available, I reluctantly use the 1 to 1 which is my second choice. I don't do much baking though.
- Not what I expected for an all-purpose flour
The flour has a strong bean-y taste and is not good for sweet baked goods, not even good for pancakes. The garbanzo/fava flavor overwhelms. But I think it would be great for a bread dough or pizza crust.
- Very useful way to go gluten free.
I cook dishes for my daughter and this makes it faster so I use it more on recipes that use smaller amounts of flour. Haven't had anyone notice it wasn't the real thing.
I bought quite a few bags of this flour for b a king last Christmas and after making a couple batches of cookies and a cake,thinking I might have done something wrong,because there was a horrible bitter taste, I threw it all out. Over $100 wasted. I am surprised by other reviews saying how good it is. My family and I could not get past the strong bitter taste and smell.
- Yucky Aftertaste
I'm with Ann, who finds this product has a bad aftertaste. Yep, used it twice, and then threw out the rest of the bag. Couldn't hack it because of the garbanzo bean taste. Yuck! Instead I use Bob's 1:1 Baking Flour, which I love.
- Delicious food-good flour
I've made pancakes with this and I love them! They are delicious. This flour tastes gluten-y! :) It's great!
- Great Flour
I always use this flour for baking cookies. Wonderful texture in the finished product. The bean smell goes away once the product is baked. Consistently delicious cookies!!!
- The best GF flour blend out there.
Thank you, for this versatile flour! What I especially like about it is that there are no gums added, which allows me to add whatever binder I prefer to use! I am one of those few people who don't use xanthan gum and so this flour is perfect.
The combination of the specific flours in this blend is perfect as well because when I taste tested it for the first time it wasn't grainy, which was a good indication that my goods were not going to retain a grainy texture.
Never change this flour blend and never add any gums or other types of binders because this is the only one I can find that has nothing else added to the flour.
And thank you Bob's Red Mill for keeping your flours Non-GMO, it really means a lot to me (I certainly won't mind if you created a USDA Organic version of this flour blend in all bag sizes!). Thank you, again!
- weird tasting
I used this twice - once for cookies and once for brownies. There is a strong bitter garbanzo beany taste to it that I really don't like. I'm surprised at the other reviews. Maybe I got a bad bag?
- Amazing product!
This gluten free all purpose flour is amazing. Most can't even tell the difference!
- GF Pizza with Bobs GF baking flour
- Pleasantly surprised with how this product was able to make pizza dough! I utilized the GF pizza dough recipe found on this website BUT I did not add any Xanthan gum. I added another quarter cup of this GF flour to the recipe to get the desired viscosity. The pizza dough was very thick, much like the thickness of brownie batter. Prebaking the crust in a buttered cast iron skillet at 425 degrees and then about 16 minutes after toppings were added yielded a surprisingly amazing pizza!
- Decent all around gluten replacement
I am happy to have this product avialable as it has allowed me to make some baked items - biscuits, cakes, pie crusts etc. that just couldn't be done with rice/sorghum/tapioca flour mixtures. I also have found that adding some GF oat flour creates a more 'wheat like' taste as well as texture too.
If there are other/better GF alternative flours, that fine, but so far the one remains my best choice for availablilty and price. I only wish that GF oat flour would be added to this mix so that I wouldn't have to buy it separately.
- And I.... will always love you
- I use it for mainly baking: brownies, cooies, cakes, Bucuits, ect.|The first couple of that I the had it I found it grainy and leaving a wierd taste in my mouth, but once I had it a few times it was fine .|This was the first gluten free flour blend that I ever had and i've stuck with it for 3 years..|Thanks for creating such a great flour blend that has so many uses.
- great product
- I have made waffles and pancakes so far and have been very pleased. My grandchildren can see no difference from wheat, nor do my son and husband notice a change. I use extra baking soda, baking powder and even a little xanthan gum for good measure. I also use some vinegar for extra lift of the batter. Both recipes were very good..
- Great Gluten Free Flour!
- We use this flour all the time in our receipes for our gluten free customers. We have tried others gf flours however the blend of flours balances this nicely in our receipes. We make hundreds of gf morning glory muffins and they are one of our top sellers both at the cafe and also at the farmers market in Glenwood Springs-we sell out each week!
- Impressed and pleased
- A friend is trying to go wheat free (not gf) and so in support of this effort I am exploring the possible options for various recipes. I'm a chef so I may have a broader tolerance for different flavors than some, and the ability to adjust flavors more readily, but I feel this does a pretty good job as a stand in for wheat flour in several ways: for creme fraiche pancakes, the cooking time was faster and they required more leavening, but the results were very close to what I was looking for, if a little tougher. Breading pork before browning worked very well; the fond was quite good, though deglaze was slightly thicker, faster. Mixed with butter, it served as an admirable gravy thickener. Crepes worked out fine with 50% buckwheat. Same with Belgian waffles, where the gf mix lent strength to the batter. Excellent results for brownies as well. As to flavor, in cooked form, I find it quite acceptable tho not the same as wheat flour. I may be less sensitive to the taste than others, but at no time did I feel it was beany or objectionable. It's a very good product so far...
- Makes Fantastic Cookies!
I have used this flour to make all types of vegan cookies: chocolate chip, ginger snaps, cinnamon raisin, and lemon drops, to name a few. They have all turned out wonderfully, and to know I can have cookies AND be gluten free has made such a difference in my life.
The raw batter does taste bitter - that's probably the raw chickpeas of the flour - but with baking this flavor disappears.
Yes, your baked goods will be different than working with wheat flour, but to eliminate wheat from your diet should definitely be on your to-do list!!!
- Doesn't taste bad if you know what...
- This flour does not have a bad or weird flavor if you know how to bake from scratch or cook from scratch and can freakin' tell how much sugar or spices you need in ratio with the flour. I've tried every kind of GF flour on the market that's already premixed like this and this is by far the best I've found. It's very versatile and I've used it for anything and everything from cheesecakes, to cakes, to cookies, to brownies, to breads, muffins, gravy, you name it! I have never had any of the 100's of people who've eaten my goodies say it tasted weird. The raw batter tastes disgusting but that's just it, I feel the people who say it tastes bad simply do not know how to bake with this mix. It requires lots of practice to know how the raw batter should taste to know something is spiced or sweet enough. I'm very picky with my GF products and a VERY PICKY baker and I can say that in the beginning yes it was a bit odd tasting to work with, but once you get used to it you won't psyche yourself out thinking the baked batter still tastes weird. I really think it's psychosomatic. This mix is not for people who just think they can change out a white or wheat flour in a recipe they commonly make and it will work right. I'm telling you, 8/10 you'll have to add more baking soda and powder, maybe more sugar or spices, or even xanthan gum. But bottom line...it's an awesome mix. Be patient and the rewards are worth it!
- Best gf flour I've found
- This flour behaves like your typical white enriched flour for taste and texture. Yes it has a disgusting taste when raw batter or dough but once cooked you can't tell the difference. My family has no idea I switched flours nor did any of the friends at my sons birthday party and I used it 100% in his chocolate cake! I've made cakes, quick breads, dumplings and noodles, all fantastic. Highly recommend this to anyone looking to clean up their diet
- Love it!
- Love it! So great to be able to have pancakes again after years without. Same w/muffins and cookies. Use my tried and true old recipes just substitute GF AP for White Wheat AP. Works great every time.
- Mixed Feelings
- I have tried so many times to make this flour work out. I have used it in breads, pancakes, cookies, granola bars, ect... The only thing that this flour works in is the granola bars because I only use 1/4 cup and all the other ingredients over shadow the taste of this flour. I love other Bob's products and just don't understand why this one is so horrible tasting! I have tried to mask the Garbanzo taste but no matter how much spice, sugar and salt I add it just will not go away. I thought I was me till I saw the other reviews. I have found recipies for GF all purpose flour mix and Im going to use Bob's products to make it. This one is just not at the top of my list.
- Great as a fry coating!
- Great product. It will totally replace wheat flour for frying (I know...my bad)! Just add some salt, pepper and garlic power to the coating. No need to use egg/milk prep prior to final coating on chicken or pork. Haven't tried it for baking...
- Extremely Versatile!
- I use this product mainly to make allergen free flat breads. It is SO easy! One 22 oz. package = 5 cups of flour which makes about 10- 8 inch round flat breads. I love the bean flours in the mix, they give it a great flavor. Absolutely, hands down, one of THE best gluten free all purpose flours out there. Bob's has quality, NON-GMO flours which is HUGE for me as a consumer. Way to go, Bob's! Thank
- Great for frying too
- While I haven't tried baking with this product yet I have used it for country fried steak and it was great. Much better than regular flour, it didn't absorb the grease and was crunchier than regular flour, it also stays on the steak better and doesn't burn like regular flour, it's the only thing I will use to fry chicken, steak etc. from now on.
- Performs every time!
- After using other gluten free flours...I kept my expectations low so I wouldnt be disappointed. But, this flour EXCEEDS my expectations every time! Pie crusts & pancakes have better texture & taste than regular flour...they have been perfect so far every time! Also, A HUGE thank you to this site for the GF recipies!
- Tried others but still keep coming back
- Since going "gluten free" a couple of years ago, this flour has been my staple. I have tried others but this one has the best texture and neutral flavor. I tend to be creative with my traditional "flour" dishes and have been experimenting with mixing different GF flour brands to acheive the familiar taste and texture that we have all grown to love. But even with these mixtures my #1 base is Bob
- I use this flour for everything. Cookies, cornbread, pancakes, tortillas, noodles, falafel, flour coating for fried zucchini, fish, chicken. All of it was amazing. I've served it to friends and family and they couldn't tell that it wasn't wheat flour. I will say that raw or undercooked it's awful, but as long as you don't eat it raw there's nothing better!
- ap baking flour- pleasantly surprised.
- Bought this to try instead of mixing a myriad of flours myself- finally decided to use it to make lemon bars. The one thing that was a little off-putting was the definite whang of garbanzo beans when I tasted the unbaked crust/filling. Baked it and then tried it, could not discern the garbanzo flavor anywhere. Am very happy how it turned out!
- Made terrific cookies with this!
- I was recently asked by a friend to contribute goodies to a bake sale at our local hospital. My friend is a gluten-free guy, and I wanted him to be able to enjoy some of the peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies that I made. So I used my favorite recipe and just swapped out Bob's Red Mill GF All-Purpose Flour (I didn't even add xanthan gum), and the cookies turned out great! They flattened a bit a
- Finally, results we actually like...
- My baked goods do not come out as dry with this product. I also combine 2 parts flour with 1 part corn meal for breading fish, chicken, etc. You will need to add seasoning of your choice to mixture. I pat meat dry, dip in beaten egg, then in flour mixture. Coating stays on and gets nice and brown. Also, I add a little extra butter in my baking.
- What a Pleasant Surprise!
- After a year of being on a gluten-free diet, throwing away several loaves of store-bought GF bread, and basically assuming that "good" gluten-free bread was an impossibility, I bought Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour. It actually sat in my cupboard for a while until I decided I had time and ingredients to waste on adapting my mom's cornbread recipe. What a pleasant surprise! I could not
- Grateful for a quality gluten free flour
- I was so grateful for finding this product. I am nursing a baby who is allergic to wheat, milk, and eggs. I was so relieved to find this product and others by Bob's Red Mill. Not only has it offered me a solution to my sweet tooth by being able to use it to make GF sweets, its also helped our family maintain our favorite meals like pizza.
- Makes Excellent GF Bread!
- This flour makes really tasty, slice-able, toast-able, gluten-free bread that even rises nicely! Much better than buying frozen pre-made gluten-free bread!
- Excellent Results
- I love this product. I've used it several times as a substitute for flour, because I am gluten-sensitive. I actually prefer it to flour when I make biscuits they are more flavorful with Bob's Red Mill. I've made lasagna noodles, pizza dough, and biscuits with this stuff. It is easy to work with. I don't have to assemble a bunch of flours, since they are all together in one place. It tastes good.
- Thank you Bob's Red Mill for GF options!
- Made GF Crumb cake using the recipe on this site. It came out great and my guests love it. Slowly they are converting to gluten free lifestyle because they feel better.||I post gluten free recipes and sever gluten free treats at my workshops. When people ask me what flour to use, I say Bob's Red Mill!||Thank you for offering options to the gluten intolerant / celiac community. It means the world t
- Easy to Use Tastes Terrific
- My husband has a wheat gluten intolerance so I have to bake his favorite things wheat-free. This is THE BEST flour I have ever used and I have tried them all. Tastes like regular flour and works just as well. I add Xantham Gum (1 teaspoon) to all recipes and it works! I use ANY recipe from any book or on line and use this flour and it's the best. I just need to get bigger bags!!
- CHECK THIS OUT!!!
- I use this product for mostly baking. It is so easy to use and can use ANY recipe that calls for flour.[...]I have found NOTHING that is not great about this product!!
- Good Solid Product
- I have made the Pancakes with egg whites, Biscuits and Bread all were very good. I would use 1/2 the recommended xantha gum in the bread recipe.
- Makes the BEST pancakes
- We just LOVE the "Bob's Favorite Gluten Free Pancakes" from the gluten free recipe section using this flour. They are the best pancakes I have ever had! They don't leave me feeling like I have a lump of dough in my stomach like white flour pancake mixes. (My daughter is allergic to wheat and eggs so I just use Ener-G egg replacer. But really these are the best pancakes.||This flour makes baking fo
- A Celiac's Answer
- As a busy mom (with Celiac),I don't have time to make my own flour mixes. Bob's Red Mill Flour Mix has been my answer in the kitchen. I can use almost any recipe just by substituting the flour with Bob's. It's easy and healthy!
- WHO THOUGHT GLUTEN FREE COULD BE SO GOOD
- Just recently found out I am gluten intolerant. Well that certainly took away all my favorite foods. I especially grieved for homemade bread. Well I found this product and the recipe for homemade bread on this web site. I know this is answered prayer! It is fantastic! It is easy to make. No kneading. It smells heavenly as it bakes. And the taste is so good that I do not even care about whe
- I just wanted to share my ...
- I just wanted to share my recent experience with you. A few weeks ago I picked up a 3 pound bag of white flour. Upon opening I was utterly flabbergasted--and no I'm not exaggerating--by the beautiful texture and appearance of the flour. It was the lightest, fluffiest flour I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of flour--including all the mainstream brands and King Arthur flour. Yours simply cannot b
- This GF flour is really ...
- This GF flour is really useful. I can use it in any of my recipes - most often brownies and banana or zucchini bread. It works best in something that is supposed to be dense, and doesn't need that fluffy chewy gluten texture. The only down side to this flour is the beany taste when it is raw. I really miss licking the bowl! When I want to eat the batter raw (brownies!!!!!) I use straight rice flou
- I used this mix for Bobs ...
- I used this mix for Bobs Favorite pancake recipe available on this site and I was flabbergasted at how well they turned out. They didn't taste GF at all and this was the first time I've cooked with GF flour. They were absolutely delicious but I did jazz them up a little bit. I whipped three bananas in the mixer and added about a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to his recipe. Very impressed with this flou
- My daughter has MS, she ...
- My daughter has MS, she has gone with the glutten-free/wheat-free diet. I have tried other brands of flours and have found that Bob,s Red Mill Products are by far more stable for baking and cooking. And the recipes on the back are easy to compinsate to add other ingredients. Thank's to the people at Bob's for the great products you put out.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (34g)
Servings Per Container: 18
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories100Calories from Fat5
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate22 g7 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, whole grain sweet white sorghum flour, fava bean flour
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy