Bob's Red Mill Organic Kamut® Flour is made from Kamut® Khorasan Wheat, an ancient relative of modern day wheat that has a buttery flavor. Legend says that Kamut® grain came from the time of the pharaohs of ancient Egypt. We carefully stone grind this plump, rich grain into superb baking flour that can be substituted for wheat flour with great success. It is a good source of fiber and is easy to digest.
Kamut® wheat flour is perfect for anyone looking for a whole grain addition to their baked goods. Look through your favorite recipes for ones that call for wheat flour, such as breads, muffins, scones, homemade tortillas, pizza crust, pancakes and crepes. Prepare your recipes as directed, substituting an equal amount of Kamut® wheat flour for the wheat flour called for. Our Organic Kamut® Flour makes outstanding whole grain pasta with a superior texture and flavor.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Kamut is a wonderful, easy to use baking
- I have been baking bread since my grandmother taught me her recipes at 6 years old... Kamut is one of my favorite grains to make my own family recipes with.Kamut behaves a lot like whole wheat flour, but it is sweet, organic, natural and imparts a buttery sweetness to breads. The protein is a little shorter and tougher than regular wheat, causing Kamut breads to be rather dense and rise slowly. Ho
- A great binder for alternative flours
- I cannot eat modern wheat, so I use Kamut flour to add as a binder to my multigrain breads based on Spelt flour. You cannot use to much because it can make the bread dence and it will not rise well. It has a great buttery taste and enriches my breads famous flavors.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(30g)
Servings Per Container: 18
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories94Calories from Fat2
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate21 g7 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %SugarsgN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Whole Grain Kamut (Wheat)
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk