Discover buckwheat, the nutritional wonder that is a mainstay of traditional Eastern European cuisine. Organic Buckwheat Groats are the hulled seeds of the buckwheat plant. These soft white seeds have a mild flavor, but when toasted or roasted, they have a delightfully intense flavor. Groats can be steam-cooked like rice for salads and side dishes or ground in your own mill into fresh flour.
Buckwheat groats are gluten free seeds from a plant related to rhubarb. The outer husk is pulled away and the grain-like fruit is harvested and eaten. First cultivated in Southeast Asia thousands of years ago, in time buckwheat journeyed west and took root in Eastern Europe, where it became the star of many classic dishes. Buckwheat is very nutritious, making it popular in many nations across the globe. Buckwheat provides complete protein, including all the essential amino acids.
The robust flavor of this quick-cooking gluten free grain is perfect for salads, soups and cereal. Organic Buckwheat Groats also make an excellent hot breakfast porridge or side dish at dinner and can replace rice or any other grain called for in pilafs, casseroles and more. Use buckwheat groats in any recipe that calls for whole grains.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Tastes Great!
- I just made these groats to substitute orzo in a Greek salad. I tried them before mixing in with rest of the ingredients and after, both ways tasted great. I've never tasted them before and I will be using them often. It's nice to have another substitute for gluten containing items.
- The groat pesto is my absolute favorite
- The groat pesto is delicious and so easy to make. It is filling and very healthy for you.|If I don't have walnuts the groats will taste great with any nut. I have used pumpkin and pecans and they work with it.|I always bring it to dinner parties and it gets rave reviews!
- Easy to prepare, and delicious
Just made hot cereal using this grain. It was easy and it tastes delicious- sort of nutty in flavor. Topped it with some almond butter, soy milk, and cinnamon. It's a great alternative for oatmeal and other hot cereals not approved for the Celiac diet.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(46g)
Servings Per Container: 10
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories160Calories from Fat5
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate32 g11 %Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Organic buckwheat groats
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy