DetailsBob’s Red Mill Organic Buckwheat Flour is ground whole grain buckwheat – nothing else! The pyramid-shaped kernels are harvested and ground into surprisingly rich flour with little black specks that come from the ground seed hull. This is how traditional Buckwheat Flour has been made for hundreds of years. Buckwheat flour contains a significant amount of fiber, and studies have shown that it helps slow down the rate of glucose absorption after a meal. Buckwheat is also a good source of protein and calcium. Buckwheat has a unique, assertive flavor that is especially great in both quick and yeast breads. You can add a little buckwheat flour to almost any recipe that calls for regular flour. In wheat bread, use half buckwheat flour to add a rich, earthy and nutlike flavor and darker color. Buckwheat flour is a must-have for making traditional Russian blini, or buckwheat crepes.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 10 item(s)
- Good, but where did the flavor go?
- I've been buying this buckwheat mix for a few years now and love it- but recently I bought a package and I was disappointed that the flavor was very mild and tasted like a normal pancake mix. Gone was that really strong buckwheat flavor that I remember! I'm not sure if I just got a strange batch or what, but I hope they haven't changed the recipe because I bought this mix specifically for the flav
- Please make your Buckwheat Flour Gluten
- It would be great to process this in a gluten free facility since you have one. Since buckwheat is naturally gluten free it seems a shame to make it unavailable to the gluten free community.
- Great Product
- I love this product. I make up pancakes using the recipe on the package, add some flaxseed, and have a great, healthy pancake that keeps me satisfied through the day.
- Savory buckwheat crepes
- This is perfect for the French crepes from Brittany, called galettes de blé noir. I make mine on a cast iron griddle, and use a variety of fillings, like mushrooms, eggs, ham, bacon, cheese and even avocado ( I don't think the latter is typicaly French).
- Good Flavor, wish it was Gluten Free
- Great product! Just wish it was gluten free. It's tough to find organic and gluten free. Please switch it to the gluten free plant.
- This is the only grain I can eat. Is it
- I love this product and want to buy it in bulk. Is it possible? Please keep it gluten free.
- Fantastic - but can't find it ANYWHERE !
- I love your buckwheat flour. It makes fantastic pancakes. Unfortunately I only found it once - cannot find it any any local markets, even though they all carry a large selection of your products. Please advise!
- Makes the BEST pancakes
- I bought a bag of this about a month ago, and used it up quickly. My seven year old is picky and doesn't even like pancakes - but for some reason she fell in love with buckwheat pancakes made with this flour. She wants them all the time. [...]
- Best I've ever tasted
- I made the most amazing gluten free buckwheat blueberry pancakes with this flour and I've yet to find an equivalent anywhere. It's flavour is unique in that it actually seems to have a character, whereas the same cannot be said of other buckwheat flours, organic or not.
- I wish this product was ...
- I wish this product was still run on the gluten-free lines. Please consider making this gluten-free again!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(30g)
Servings Per Container: 21
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories100Calories from Fat8
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate21 g7 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium1 %Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Whole Grain Buckwheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk