Organic brown flaxseed, also known as linseed, comes from the flax plant, which is cultivated for its seeds as well as its fiber. The seeds, which are a little larger than sesame seeds, contain omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber and lignans Used since ancient times, flax is renowned for myriad health benefits.
Don't let the tiny, unimposing size of the flaxseed fool you. Packed inside every teeny seed is a mountain of nutritional benefit. For instance, flaxseeds are an excellent source fiber. They are also the most widely available botanical source of omega-3 fatty acids. Most Americans don't consume nearly enough omega-3's, and eating flaxseeds is an easy and tasty way to get these essential fats in your diet! Other health benefits provided by regular consumption of flaxseed are prevention and control of high blood pressure and reduction of cholesterol levels.
These seeds can be eaten whole, or sprouted or ground to make their vital nutrients available to the body. Add flaxseed to bread, muffins, bars, biscuits, crackers, granola, cookies and other recipes for extra nutrition and a nutty flavor. See the back of our package for two terrific recipes using our Flaxseed—Bulgur & Flax Pilaf and Three Seed Bread!
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- great monthly discount price
love this organic golden flaxseed just purchased the 25 lb will be grounding the flaxseeds to add to yogurt, smoothies, fruit salad, banana loafs, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal and everywhere else that i can sneak in!! will be making flaxseed loafs soon! love this organic product! thank you for the monthly pricing!
- Delicious, Nutritious, and Beautiful
- I have absolutely no complaints about these wonderful seeds. I highly recommend grinding them up so that you actually get the nutrients you want out of them. They add a wonderful, nutty flavor to your foods. When not ground, they also add aesthetics. I have even ground them up and mixed them into my scrambled eggs for added nutrients. They are very flexible.
- Delicious and high in fiber!
- I love this flax seed!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (13g)
Servings Per Container: 52
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories60Calories from Fat30
Total Fat3.5 g5 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate5 g2 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
organic whole brown flaxseeds
Additional Nutrition Facts: Omega-3: 1800 mg Soluble Fiber: 1g Insoluble Fiber: 3g
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy