DetailsCouscous is a traditional North African and Middle Eastern dish made from precooked coarsely ground semolina, the rich endosperm extracted from durum wheat. Think of it as tiny little pastas. Then, remind yourself that is cooks "table ready" in a scant 5 minutes. Our Golden Couscous has a slightly nutty flavor and hearty texture. Golden Couscous is high in protein and can be a delicious alternative to traditional pastas and white rice. Use it as a bed for stew, meat or vegetables (the way Moroccans do), stir into salads, or use as an entrée with your favorite pasta sauce. It will absorb the flavors of whatever spices or sauce you are using, making it versatile for most dishes you'd use rice or other pastas with. It can also be combined with fruit, almonds, cinnamon and sugar for a simple dessert. Find wonderful recipes for couscous under the recipe section.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Thank you!
Hi! I just wanted you guys/gals to know that I love your company and products! I stumbled upon you at a big lots years ago and have been hooked ever since! I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis last year. My stomach and digestive system can only handle so much. But your soups and couscous keep me going! They are things the whole family can enjoy with me. They are also super healthy and I feel great serving them to my family. Thank you!!
- Wonderful addition to any meal!
- I use this all the time now! I started using couscous instead of rice with my stir fry and it is a great versatile ingredient to any dinner recipe! I like to add it to a meal with Cajun salmon and some mixed veggies. It is also great with Curry! I have recommended this product to my friends and will continue to recommend it in the future!
- I love this stuff!
- I love this product! Excellent lunchtime meal when you add a can or 2 of beans (I usually go with Pinto, Chick or Kidney) while the couscous is set aside to do its thing while soaking in the boiled water....
- Quick and tasty
- Golden couscous can be used as a (really) fast-cooking substitute for other pastas or rice. It tends to get lost in sauces because of its small grain, so it's better to keep it on the side of saucy dishes or underneath as a bed. I like mine with sauteed vegetables, or as a side to curry. It's also good for breakfast with some butter and cheese. I love the way it smells when it cooks, and it has a
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/3 cup(62g)
Servings Per Container: 11
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories230Calories from Fat0
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate48 g16 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein8 g16 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
parboiled, coarsely ground duram wheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk