Details20% OFF!!! A staple in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean regions, Bulgur, also known as ala, is a wonderful and versatile ingredient for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Made from whole grain hard red wheat that has been parboiled, dried and cracked, our medium grind (#2) bulgur is quick to prepare and can be reconstituted with hot water in a matter of minutes. A common ingredient in Tabbouleh, bulgur is a wonderful base for salads and pilafs. Use it to add crunch to breads and muffins or try it cooked as a hot cereal. Mix bulgur into meatballs and meat loaf to bring whole grain nutrition to your table. The nutty flavor of bulgur makes is perfect for savory dishes and breads. Bulgur is an ideal substitute for nutritionally deplete sides, such as potatoes, pasta and stuffing. Browse our selection of recipes for inspiring ways to serve bulgur. Bulgur is so easy to prepare, you will wish you tried it sooner. Like many whole grains, bulgur is a nutritional powerhouse. With a healthy balance of fat, fiber and protein, bulgur is great for those following Weight Watchers and anyone trying to be more conscious of what they eat.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Great fiber content and no cholesterol!
- Great breakfast. add water at 1.5 to 1 ratio, a touch of salt, a portion of Bob's dried cranberries or tart cherries, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and you have a delicious, healthy start to a great day.
- A Delicious, Quick, Hearty Grain
I LOVE the rich, slightly toasted wheat flavor and light texture of this product. It can easily be eaten at every meal of the day!
Once the water boils, it takes a scant 20 minutes to cook and is extraordinarily versatile. (Any veggie, meat, sauce or spice can be added to make an infinite number of culinary variations!) I buy the giant 25lb bag to save money. It keeps beautifully in the freezer for at least a year.
(It would probably keep longer than that, but I usually eat it all in just a few months!)
It's a large part of the base of my food pyramid - a good, whole food.
- My favorite breakfast!
- I think I might be addicted to this! I eat it 3-4 times a week for breakfast. Put a little olive oil in the water as it is boiling. Then only add a dash of salt and pepper (sometimes garlic pepper) and a teaspoon of butter. I tried it without butter today and that is good, too, and better for me! I usually make two servings and store half for the next day. Add a little water and reheat in the microwave and it's as good as the first day. Good stuff!
- I love this stuff
- I order this in the 25# bag break it up and pop the bags in the freezer for a longer shelf life.I use this at least 3 times a week and usually more often.When I want it as a snack or make it into a salad I take a cup of bulgar and add 1.75 cups of boiling water to it (with a pinch of salt in the water) Cover it tightly and leave it on the counter overnight.. the next morning its the perfect texture.I also use it a great deal as a grain in wheat bread, I will take 1 cup of bulgar, then add 6oz of room temp water, cover it tightly and leave it on the counter overnight. It has a nice soft but chewy texture to add into bread for the next day.I have never been disappointed with Bob's quality!!!!!
- Staple in my pantry
- I combine bulgur with white rice to make a healthier dish with more flavor and fibre. More people have asked for my "recipe"!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(47g)
Servings Per Container: 17
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories170Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate35 g12 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
parboiled, dried, cracked wheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk