DetailsAn absolute staple in gluten free baking, brown rice flour is incredibly versatile. Our Brown Rice Flour is 100% stone ground at Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods on a very fine setting to prevent the flour from tasting gritty-a common complaint about many brown rice flours. Brown rice flour is a nutritious alternative to wheat flour and is naturally gluten-free. It is high in protein, iron, fiber and vitamin B. Brown rice flour is rich in manganese, which helps in the proper development of bones and cartilage. It also helps in better absorption of calcium. One serving of brown rice flour supplies more than 20 percent of the recommended amount of magnesium, phosphorus and copper, as well as 11 percent of potassium and more than 100 percent of manganese. In addition, brown rice flour supplies 20 percent of the recommended amount of iron for men and 9 percent for women. Brown rice flour contains healthy bran and will add a darker color to your baked goods. It also imparts a richer, nuttier flavor than wheat flour. You can thicken sauces with it and use it for coating fish and other proteins, as well as produce breads, cakes and noodles. Browse our extensive collection of recipes using brown rice flour for everything from brownies to blini.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- This is TOTALLY worth it!!
- So, i'm on a diet, the candida diet to be exact. And i cant have wheat, nor sugar (look up the rest if you wanna know the list) and i missed my pancakes and my daily snack of crackers!!! This was amazing!! I could make my Pancakes(which tasted better than ever before, knowing it was healthy) and my rice crackers!! and so much more. I sound like i'm on an advertisement, but i'm forreal!!!!
- Perfect Alternative to Wheat Flour
- I wanted to try making Japanese curry but I have to stay gluten-free so I thought this would probably work. It was perfect! The roux browned just as with wheat flour and came out smooth and flavorful. I can't wait to try this for other recipes!
- Best brown rice flour I have used
- I used Bobs brown rice flour for a long time because I have kids with celiac and need to bake gluten free cakes/cookies/bread etc. Unfortunately, I can no longer use this product due to having a child with nut allergies and this product is mfg. on the same equipment as tree nuts. I have not been able to find a replacement flour as good as Bob's brown rice flour, none of my recipes turn out as good with other brands....the only reason I had to switch was because of the possibility of cross contamination. I recommend this flour (or any of their gluten free mixes/flours) if you are not needing to avoid nuts. This is a high quality superior flour. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because of the tree nuts on the same equipment.....keeping my fingers crossed they will change to dedicated lines for their products that contain nuts.
- I love this flour!
- Since my husband discovered he was allergic to gluten, this flour has been a staple in my household. I like the flavor better than most gluten-free flours, and it is a great substitute for everything from gravies to bread. Thank you Red Mill, you make my life easier!
- Supreme Product!
- This is the second most used product in my kitchen. (Second only to Brownies) I use Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour for nearly everything. I used to mix 3 or 4 flours but I find that this works for just about everything. For gravies and sauces I use Brown Rice Flour and some times I combine it with Potato Starch or Corn Starch. I use it for baking all the time and in my breading. The only Con I have is that in a few uses it seems gritty. But that is the nature of Brown Rice Flour.
- Used this in place of White Rice Flour in the Sue's Rice Muffin recipe on this site :[@]and it turned out great! I subbed applesauce in for the oil-much healthier, and added an egg for more cake like/moist texture...I like the original coffee cake texture, but the kids prefer the moistness of the extra egg. Also, sub in dark chocolate chips for the blueberries and mmmmmmm what a treat! I love the texture of this flour as it isn't gritty, but soft.
- My favorite for gluten-free baking
- I always keep a supply in the freezer for gluten-free baking because I trust the quality, the freshness, and lack of contamination from gluten flours. I've simplified my gluten-free baking to only using this flour and have been really pleased with the results. The 25 lb. bag seems to be the best value on the market.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (40g)
Servings Per Container: 17
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories140Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate31 g10 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %SugarsgN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain brown rice
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy