DetailsOur Vegi Soup Mix is made from an exceptional blend of delicious ingredients. We combine wholesome green and yellow split peas, barley, lentils and flavorful alphabet vegetable pasta bits made from wheat flour, spinach and tomato.
As the soup cooks, the lentils and split peas break down a bit, giving this soup a thick, hearty consistency perfect for a meatless meal any day of the week.
Use the basic cooking instructions for a satisfying, fiber-packed bowl of soup or for a different twist, use vegetable broth, fresh vegetables like celery, carrots, peas, spinach leaves and a touch of milk or cream at the end for a delicious Creamed Vegi Soup. For even more creaminess, either version can also be pureed.
Vegi Soup mix also works well with our Bean Soup Seasoning Mix -- a classic blend of flavorings including chili pepper, basil, celery seed, cumin, oregano, black pepper, savory and garlic. And the perfect complement to this soup? Our Irish Soda Bread mix, of course!
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 49 item(s)
- Great in pressure cooker
Update to my previous review, I've been making this in my electric pressure cooker, and it's perfect. I usually add some extra veggies (onions, garlic, and whatever else I have on hand like diced sweet potato or carrot, cabbage, greens) and cook it on high pressure for 30 to 35 minutes. Tastes like it's been cooking for several hours.
- Great, quick soup!
Wow! Didn't know what to expect from a dry soup mix...but wow...it really is good. quick and easy and foolproof for those who say they can't cook.
- Yummy with ham!
- Sorry, not a vegetarian recipe!||We have a bone-in ham roast once or twice a year, and I always save the ham bone in the freezer for split pea and ham soup. This winter I decided to make it with Bob's Vegi Soup Mix and I am never going back to just plain split peas again! ||To the basic mix (small 1 lb? bag) add the appropriate amount of liquid in equal parts low sodium fat-free chicken broth and
- Fantastic and flexible
- This is such a great base for a veggie soup. I use it when it's time to clean out the veggie bin. I start by sautéing a diced onion in a little butter or olive oil and then add a few cloves of minced garlic. Then add a few cups of stock (whatever is on hand), any other diced up veggies and a cup of Bob's soup mix. I also added a can of diced tomatoes and some diced chicken sausage (pre cooked).
- So tasty and a bag will last me forever!
- So delicious! I'm not a vegetarian but I wanted to make something healthy for the winter time and was tired of canned soup and this has a good amount of fiber and protein.||To 1 cup dry ingredient's I added:|1 can low sodium chicken broth 14oz |2 cups water|Chopped up 2 big carrots|Quartered about 7 brussel sprouts|Herbes de Provence (not too much at first added more later)|Basil 1tsp?|Salt and pe
- Easy and Delish!
- Love this soup! So easy to make and comes out perfect every time. Very filling and delicious for this vegetarian!
- Works great in a crock pot!
- We made a double batch of this soup today for a lunch we went to where the guest of honor is on chemo and can't have salt. We added a bunch of veggies and herbs and salt-free flavoring and put it in the crock pot on high before church (cooked for about four hours) and it was a hit. Bruce asked if he could take the rest home because he doesn't have soup much.
- Once I started dating my current boyfriend (a vegetarian) I became reacquainted with vegetarianism. I tried MANY of the canned soup varieties and I was disappointed for a myriad of reasons. The first being the lack of true vegetarian options and also for the fact that even after consuming an entire can, twice the suggested serving size, I was still hungry. Lastly, those instant soups would get to
- Baby Portobello and Beef Stock
- I made my soup with baby portobellos, fresh parsley, one chopped jalapeno and beef stock. Served with blue corn bread. Nice dinner!
- From a self proclaimed "bad cook", this was simply amazing. Added your BEAN SOUP SEASONING MIX, white beans and chicken. It was delicious,
- Love it so much I buy in bulk!
- I love how hearty this soup is and at just a little goes a long way! I love soups in the winter and tend to add a few bouillon cubes, thyme, sage, pink salt, and pepper to it so as to build an amazing aroma. My boyfriend loves this soup so much that he has not discouraged me once for buying it in bulk!||An amazing snack as well as a meal. It can be made as a soup, or you can use less water and ser
- What I like best is how easy this soup is. It's almost impossible to screw up, and it takes about an hour to whip up. The health benefits are an added bonus. I made a mini-pot of this just for me, sauteed a little carrot, celery and onion and then added 1/3 cup of the mix, some chicken broth and water. Seasoned with salt, pepper, a bay leaf, a bunch of thyme and some garlic powder. Was almost too
- Very Yummy!
- Our family was busy doing yard work so I put this soup mix into the slow cooker (2 cups of mix & 8 cups of broth) and added garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and a small can of diced tomatoes, cooked on high 2 hrs. And low till we came in for dinner about 4 hrs.later. It turned out delicious , everyone went on about how good it was. I was so pleased at how easy it was to be so delicious. I served wi
- I am obsessed with this soup!!
- I've never been one really to make soup from scratch but this is so fast and easy and DELICIOUS.||I follow the instructions for cooking that are included on the back of the package and have found that it works every time without fail. I keep this as a vegetarian dinner option and add vegetable bouillon to the water for flavor. I cut up 2 good-sized tomatoes and add during the initial boil as well.
- a winter staple in our house!
- I keep at least 3 different Bobs soup mixes in the kitchen at all times. I make a different one each week all winter long! switching up the added veggies/meat and seasoning make the combinations endless!
- I bought this soup on a whim to try it. I am very glad that I did! It makes such a yummy soup, that is also filling and healthy. I take one box of chicken broth, one cup of the mix, one 14.5 oz can (liquid and all) of diced tomatoes, and some chicken or turkey (as much or as little as desired, I don't measure it) and let it simmer for an hour. The mix is still a little crunchy when it's done, but
- Excellent Soup!
- I picked this up at a local discount store just to try it. I am trying to lose weight and get in shape, and I absolutely love soups. I used 1 cup of mix, 4 cups of water, a little bit of chicken flavored bouillon and a small can of tomato paste. The paste made it too thick, so I added an additional cup of water. I am very pleased with the result. It is a very satisfying, hearty soup and it made en
- Excellent for your long term food store!
- I picked up a bag of this soup mix at our local discount grocer. The main reason I bought this is because I've been building my food store in the event of an emergency or natural disaster. I've seen videos of folks cooking dried items in their stainless steel thermos bottles by simply adding dried items, boiled water, and letting it sit for a few hours. I figured this soup mix would be a good t
- SO good!
- I bought this on a whim at the store--I always like to have a stock piled pantry with plenty of simple things to make on hand. This is just that! I researched it a little before I made it and learned that there are no seasonings included, you have to add your own. I also learned that one package makes A LOT of soup. 1 cup of mix generally = 4 cups liquid, but this makes a thick and hearty soup
- Delicious, nutritious and convenient!
- I bought this soup mix several months ago, and forgot about it. It was a fairly cool day today, so I decided to pull it out of my cupboard and make it in my crock pot, along with some fresh kale and other vegetables in my fridge that I needed to use up soon. Well, it turned out fantastic! I also added some vegetable broth, majoram, tumeric, parsley, and 3 cloves of fresh garlic. It smelled so g
- Tasty, hearty, and easy to make!!! Just chop one or two baby carrots, some celery, a slice of onion and add *any* spices you like. Put them all in the rice cooker and once you're done with your evening chores the dinner's ready :) This mix doesn't call for a specific spice, so you can use any combination you want :)
- Best Soup He's Ever Tasted!
- I just made this soup for my daughter and son-in-law, home with a newborn and no time to cook. My son-in-law said it was the best soup he's ever tasted, which gives me brownie points. That's a good thing. I used shredded carrots, celery, a leek, vegetable broth cubes, two bay leaves, garlic and assorted seasonings--thyme and marjoram included.|I will keep making this fabulous soup, now that I k
- can you say \"Fall\"
- Love it!! it's a great soup to make a big pot or one bowl at a time!
- Best Bachelor Soup Mix
- This is a great mix! It's easy to make if you just want to eat a soup and perfect as a side-dish. You can go medium heat for a side, or low heat with more water for a soup. You might want to add some spices for kick. Here's my mix:|8 Ounces mix|1/3 shot-glass pepper|1/4 shot salt|1/2 shot Italian seasoning|24 Ounces beef broth|16 Ounces water|2 good splashes of hot-sauce||Cook it med-low for 45 m
- A hearty blend
- Unique and filling, this is a favorite lunch of mine to make ahead for work. I like to run, so it helps that it has a good amount of iron and protein. Usually, I add extra water, and then tomato paste, mustard, ground black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix
- I have this soup every day. I use it with a box of vegetable stock - 1 C mix to 4 C broth - in the crock pot on high. Let it come to a boil - you will know this when the house begins to have this most wonderful fragrance. Turn down to low for however long - doesn't seem to matter. If you like the vegies crunchy, not too long: if you like the vegies soft, cook it longer. I add a jar of medium salsa
- Awesome mix!
- Sauted two onions, 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks. Added 3 cut up potatoes. One cup mix with 6 cups water and 3 Rapunzel veggie bullion cubes. So easy and so flavorful! Thickens the next day of course so it turns into more of a stew. My favorite mix now! Very versatile!||Next time will try different combinations of veggies and additional spices (garlic, tomatoes, basil, squash, etc).
- I use this mix for everything! The BEST
- I add Fresh/Raw Turkey with no skin but leave in Bones for flavor. Add Vegetable Broth, Mushrooms, Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup and any fresh veggies I have. Makes the BEST soup. OR, if you like, cook with less broth and use it as a side. My entire family loves it!
- Great for family! Easy to make. Awesome protein and fiber!
- I made this for dinner one night and cut up turkey smoked sausage in it and served it to my family including grandkids 2 and 4 and they loved it. I keep it in my pantry now so I always have it on hand.
- FAVORITE NEW SOUP
- Love this soup mix!!! I chopped one small onion and two stalks of celery in a little olive oil and added two beef bouillion cubes and one whole jalepeno pepper, cooked that for a couple of minutes and added one cup of dry soup mix then four cups of water, LOVE IT LOVE IT -- leave out the pepper and it's my grandaughters favorite too! Have told many friends about it, too good to keep to myself :
- Love it
- Love this mix. Packed with protein and delicious. I like to make it with homemade stock. It is so versatile in that you can add what ever veggies you have. Thanks Bob! -)
- My Family's Favorite Soup
- I use to buy this same mix from a little Dutchman's Store in the midwest and they called it Hearty Soup Mix. I was so happy to see the Bob's Red Mill makes this and I could find it at the local store. The Dutchmen's Store had a different recipe on it which we absolutly love, still same mix. Simmer 8 cups water w/ 1 1/2 cups soup mix, 2 tsp salt for 1 hour. Then add 1 cup sliced carrots and 1 cup s
- Friggin' yum!
- Great to cook for a weekend getaway with friends. Easy and hearty!!
- My daughter sent me this soup.....
- She's been making this and recommended it to me. Per her suggestions, I added precooked hamburger, carrots & onions. My husband really loves soups and I never make them. This was very easy so I've made it a few times. Next time, I'll add some hot sauce!
- Easy and yummy !
- I picked this mix at the grocery store the other day and I love it. I already made it twice.||First time I followed the instructions and added just 4c of water, 1 forgoten-in-the-fridge-tomato, half onion and 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 T of vegeta, but it turned out too thick, so I added more water. ||Second time I added 6c water, 1/2T vegeta, onions, green pepper, some paprika and basil pesto. ||
- a great value!!
- Just add a couple marrow bones, some bullion and you have a great hearty dinner!! Love it|Almost forgot, add some hot sauce for a kick!!
- Great easy soup! Loved it!
- Saw this at the store and decided to try it out. I made mine using chicken broth. For seasoning I used a bay leaf, some all spice, a little onion powder and some fresh ground black pepper. I also added some potato, celery and carrots. Turned out fantastic. Flavor was wonderful. Will definitely make again!
- Amazing soup for any season
- I love vegi soup, but I love it more with little bits of leftover pot roast and barley added- thus beef barley.. mmmm can you remember the lovely aroma from childhood as you come in from the snow of hot soup waiting for you? THAT's exactly what this soup is. Fast is great- but why not take a few extra minutes to add the love. First I simmer some onions, carrots, 3 cloves garlic smashed and celery
- Sooo good!
- I added onions, carrots, mushrooms and olive oil with the soup mix and it was great!
- Mixed feelings
- Tried this the first time and followed instructions precicely. The directions imply that the soup will be fully cooked in one hour, or thereabouts. However, after an hour, the split peas were barely cooked. Consistency was also extremely thick, and rather bland. So, the second time I tried it, I added more liquid, plus canned tomatoes with green chiles, black beans, celery, and corn, and cooked
- A Dish My Whole Family Loves!!!
- I chose this product on the fly, but I was so impressed with the healthy possibilities it afforded me. My husband and children all enjoyed the heartiness and colorful presentation. Not to mention the taste--it's delicious! My five year old wanted it for breakfast. :))
- Best. Soup. Ever.
- Made this soup for the first time on a crisp fall day after a long day at work. Used water instead of broth (will use broth next time to add depth). Added dried onion, a variety of spices (just picked a few and started shaking them in) halfway through I added chopped carrots and celery, then topped it off with fresh cracked pepper. Served with hot french bread. Family loved it. Thanks, Bob!
- I Love This Product
- I LOVE this product! I tried it for the first time two days ago & I loved it so much, I made it again the next night. It is the perfect soup base for me- everything I love & nothing I dont. So far, I've only added chicken off the bone and various seasonings, but it has turned out spectacular both times (I used very different spices each time). I did find that I needed to triple the water amount fr
- made goat curry
- Used as a base for my Goat Curry adding onion, potato, grape tomatoes, and Japanese Curry.
- Having just eaten this for dinner, I hav
- First of all, don't be put off by the price. If you've kept track of grocery store receipts lately or the sharp increase in basic foods over the last year, you may see how this product could save you time, gas and MONEY. At the time of this writing, it cost about $16.88 for four packages of this mix. EACH package easily serves 8-16 people with soup left over. While the instructions note to add 4 c
- Excellent soup! Great for ...
- Excellent soup! Great for this time of year too!
- So easy to make with some ...
- So easy to make with some chicken broth delish and warming! My favorite!
- The best soup mix ever! I ...
- The best soup mix ever! I use it as a base for beef or chicken or turkey soup in the crock pot (1/2 a bag per batch). I add seasoning to taste - usually just salt and pepper - and by the end of the day, the house smells great and we have a hearty soup for days! Real comfort food :o)
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup dry
Servings Per Container: 13
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate36 g12 %Dietary Fiber13 g52 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein11 g22 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Green Split Peas, Yellow Split Peas, Barley, Lentils and Vegetable Pasta (semolina wheat flour, spinach powder, tomato powder and/or paprika powder, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin and folic acid).
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk