Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Hot Cereal is a creamy porridge carefully milled from a unique blend of flavorful whole grains. A good source of fiber and packed with nutrients, this favorite of the mill contains wheat, rye, triticale, oats, oat bran, barley, brown rice and flaxseed.
Eating our 7 Grain Hot Cereal is a great way to consume a variety of nutritious whole grains. It's quick and convenient too—it can be made in a rapid 3 minutes, a must for those of us whose morning routine is more like a mad dash! You can dress it up with a handful of dried or fresh fruit, honey, banana slices, peanut butter, almonds, coconut milk—or whatever toppings you like. 7 Grain Hot Cereal is a wonderful way to get your energy level up and keep it there all morning long. It also makes a great corn-free version of grits. Try it with a fried egg on top and a side of buttery toast—you'll be sure to love it! See the back of our package for a nutritious and delicious Whole Grain Fruit Muffins recipe, starring 7 Grain Hot Cereal, Quick Cooking Rolled Oats, and Wheat Bran.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 19 item(s)
- One of our favorites
- Bob's REd Mill 7 Grain Hot Cereal is one of my family's favorite breakfast choices! Unfortunately, our local grocers no longer carry it.
- I like it raw!
My staple breakfast is to combine 1/8 cup of Bob's 7 grain, 1/8 cup of Bob's steel cut oats, 1/4 cup of Bob's rolled five grain and 1 rounded Tsp of Bob's ground flax seed.
I mix the combo with 6 oz of plain Greek nonfat yogurt and stir in a few oz of fruit juice (usually prune). I add extra fresh berries, if I have any, banana and often a few slivered almonds.
The yogurt/juice combination slightly softens the uncooked grains to provide a chewy, filling and very satisfying meal.
I've tried cooking the grains first, but I much prefer them raw.
I'm no novelty seeker: This is my breakfast at least five days a week.
- Microwave Trouble
- Package directions say microwave high power 3-5 minutes. Tried three times with progressively larger bowls and each time boiled over creating huge mess. Finally tried VERY large bowl, 7 minutes on MEDIUM power and that worked. Cereal is tasty! Looking forward to trying different combinations...mashed banana, maple syrup, honey, nuts, etc. Love the chewy texture.
- 7 Grains and 7 Days
- I have this for breakfast every morning...1/4 cup cereal with 3/4 cup water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes...then I mash two bananas in it...needs nothing else and leaves me satisfied until lunch!...love, love, love it!
- Excellent grits substitute
- I purchased this as a more interesting alternative to oatmeal and found it to be delicious finished with coconut milk and honey. Then I read another reviewer's suggestion for eating it like grits. I was diagnosed with a corn sensitivity this year, tragic for this Southern girl who grew up on cheese and butter grits. I was skeptical but found it to be almost indistinguishable! I didn't even add butter and cheese, just cooked as suggested and topped it with a fried egg over medium w/ butter toast on the side. Yum! Looking forward to other ways to include this cereal into muffins and breads.
- makes a healthy alternative to oats
- This cereal is great ! I usually eat instant rolled oats for breakfast but I decided to mix things up and try this cereal. I followed the microwave directions on the back of the package, the only thing was I didn't use a deep enough bowl so some of it boiled over and made a bit of a mess. After it was cooked i mashed a banana with it,added raisins, cinnamon,a spoonful of peanut butter and cut up a granny smith apple in it!The only downside about this cereal is if you don't pour some milk on it, it tends to be a little dry, besides that it was so delicious!I love that fact that it has so many needed grains in just one bowl of it. I will be for sure eating this for many more breakfasts on the future!
- My Favorite Hot Cereal
- The 7-grain is my favorite among all of the hot cereal mixes. I like it with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped walnuts and brown sugar. One of my other favorites is crushed pineapple w/its own juice, coconut and pecans--it's like eating a bowl of sunshine.
- This is wonderful, delicious, and it's good for you. I am a hot cereal lover, and I am particular, so particular, that I make my own mixes most of the time. This is as good as it gets.
- I am hooked on Bob's
- I found a [@] store that had a whole rack of Bob's Cereals on clearance, $3 - $5 per bag. I bought all I could carry out. I use the 7 grain for eating, granola, cobler topping, etc... I had NEVER liked oatmeal, but this is a VERY suitable substitute and I will be buying at full price when my "bargain" is gone.
- Very impressed
- I was sceptical that it was going to taste good, but I was wrong. In fact the plain cereal was good, but I have grown to enjoy adding dried fruits or fresh fruits as well as a touch of honey.
- Superior Cereal!
- I tried the 7 grain cereal and top it off fresh strawberries and blueberries , YUM YUM The best hot cereal I have ever had . Tickles your taste buds . HOOKED FOR LIFE! Thank You so much
- This is a great product. I use it when I make granola. It is the base for a multigrain bread I make. Great texture and taste.
- NW Grits
- The first time I tried Bob's 7-grain Hot Cereal, I thought it looked and tasted like Southern grits. I cook it plain and top it with a soft boiled or poached egg. That's what I call Southern Comfort.
- Curbs hunger for hours!
- Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Hot Cereal is full of delicious goodness. That pretty well says it all. I was never a breakfast eater and always had sugary snacks mid to late morning and then was starving by lunch time. Now, I look forward to having Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain each morning and it curbs my appetite for 5-8 hours. I eat a 1/4 cup of cereal each day and to that I add a quarter cup of chopped
- No Soy in this one!
- My dietician recommended that I avoid Soy but recommended grain. I started using the 7 grain cerial and add almonds, raisins, coconut oil, cinamon and vanilla. After it's cooked, I add a little sea salt and honey. My wife and daughter who used to skip breakfast now eat it every morning.
- Our friends in Claremont ...
- Our friends in Claremont brought us a gift bag of Bob's cereal. My wife and are convinced that this best we have eaten so far. Thanks you for this great and healthy cereal.
- This stuff is GREAT!! I ...
- This stuff is GREAT!! I am on a restricted diet, and ths is by far the *best* low- no sodium cereal I've discovered. Make that !!! *Excellent* with honey!
- I am purchasing a 25# bag ...
- I am purchasing a 25# bag at our Amish grocery store. I love it. I add blueberries, raisins, dates or eat it hot & cold. The dishes are easy to wash and so is my insides. Thanks
- I made the muffin recipe ...
- I made the muffin recipe on the back and LOVED them. They are so healthy and delicious!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(41g)
Servings Per Container: 17
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories140Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate28 g9 %Dietary Fiber6 g24 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium2 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain hard red wheat, rye, oats, triticale (wheat), barley, brown rice, oat bran, flaxseed
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk