Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is 100% stone—ground, whole grain flour made from U.S.-grown soft white wheat. The whole wheat berries are milled with the nutritious bran, germ and endosperm all intact. Many people ask how whole wheat pastry flour is different from whole wheat flour. The answer is simple: whole wheat pastry flour is milled from soft white wheat, whereas regular whole wheat flour is milled from hard red wheat. It has a lower protein content than regular whole wheat flour and it makes wonderfully tender whole grain baked goods. Our Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is a good source of dietary fiber and provides 3 grams of protein per serving.
Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is a great way to punch up the nutrition in all your baked goods. Use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour for whole grain treats including all manner of pastries, biscuits, scones, pie crusts, pancakes, brownies, cookies cakes and cupcakes. It is a great choice for virtually any recipe where baking soda or baking powder is used as leavening. It will not work as well with yeast—risen baked goods. Find recipes using Whole Wheat Pastry Flour in the recipe section of our website, and look for these great recipes on the package: Cranberry Orange Almond Bread, Peanut Butter & Honey Cookies, and Oregon Blackberry Pie.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 14 item(s)
- Excellent results
Fantastic flour. Have used it for biscuits, quick breads and cookies excellent results :D
- Almost Couldn't Find It
This is a good product that I've been buying for years. However, I almost couldn't find it last time I was at the grocery store because they changed their packing, and it is so difficult to read the labels. It looks so similar to the other packing labels they have, that it's hard to differentiate between the different types of flour. The previous packaging was much easier to read and more attractive. The colors on this are bright and irritating, and make the words difficult to read.
- Really suprised!
- I was reluctant to bake with this flour. I'm a white flour baker all the way. I made a bananna bread a was shocked at the results. It had a beautiful crumb and exceptional texture. Tasted so close to it's white counterpart. No one could tell the difference. I'm going to expand and try making a more delicate cake and see what happens. Thanks Bob's
- I would buy this product again
- This is an excellent whole wheat pastry flour for muffins and pie pastry dough. It made delicious bran and corn muffins and a very tasty flaky pie crust for pumpkin pie. I particularly like this flour for bran muffins and pie crusts for pumpkin pie. This whole soft wheat flour blends well and tastes delicious with dark spices such as cinnamon and cloves and cereals such as bran flakes. I have a sensitive palate and can taste the whole wheat in my baking products. I have a strong feeling that when I use this pastry flour for pumpkin nut bread, oatmeal raison cookies and carrot cake, it will be scrumptious and something to die for!
- Fantastic flour
- I used this wonderful flour to make scones. They turned out light, flakey and flavorful. I can't wait to use this flour in all my baking!
- Best Flour!
- I am on a no-yeast, sugar, or refined-foods diet. This flour is perfect for my needs, because it tastes good like white flour but has the health benefits of whole wheat. I use it for sugar-free muffins, indian bread, brownies - you name it! Since I found it I have recommended to everybody!
- A Healthy Choice.
- I use this in nearly everything I bake. Last week I made a calzone, a pizza crust, and some pies using this flour and it worked wonderfully. It's very flavorful, healthy, and very easy to knead and work with.
- Wonderful Product
- I used this flour for pancakes, which turned out extremely fluffy and wonderful. From now on this is the only flour I am going to use for pancakes and waffles. Thank you Bob's Red Mill--your product is a real gem !
- Best whole wheat pastry flour
- This is excellent flour. If you have tried other whole wheat pastry flour only to find that it was bitter(rancid)when opened, you are in for a treat. Fresh flour should never taste bitter, but many whole grain flours do. Bob's is sold fresh, never bitter. It has made it easy for us to convert to whole grain. I love this product!
- Love this flour!
- I started using this flour because I had a high triglyceride level during routine blood tests. I have used it in biscuits, quick breads, and even cookies and cakes. People can't even tell the difference unless I tell them that's what I used! I buy 20 pounds at a time. (My triglyceride levels also dropped, thanks to not only this but lots of other Bob's products.) It is finer-textured and lighter in color than standard whole wheat flour and it is truly wonderful to have an alternative to white flour!
- I tried it for the first time to make pancakes. They were very scrumptious. I am excited to try more recipes with it.
- Best stuff ever!
- Makes unbelievably delicious cookies and pastries - yet offers a healthy way to get whole-wheat into your diet. My kids actually think this makes better cookies than regular flour! I always have a backup bag of this flour in my pantry.
- Pie crusts
- I make pie crusts from this whole grain flour that are good looking and tasty. Not quite as flakey as with white flour, but wonderful nevertheless.
- I love this flour for pie ...
- I love this flour for pie crust, but only for more "earthy" pies like apple and pumpkin. I make one awesomely delicious apple pie using this flour, apples, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and shortening. The price online is a lot more than it is in the store. It's terribly expensive even in the store.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(30g)
Servings Per Container: 45
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories110Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate23 g8 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain soft white wheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk