DetailsBob's Red Mill Sweet White Rice Flour is milled from a special variety of rice, often known as "sticky rice," that is very starchy and has exceptional binding qualities. It is an excellent ingredient for baking gluten free muffins, breads, pastries and cakes. It is also a superb thickener for soups, sauces and gravies. Sweet white rice flour is naturally gluten-free, rich in carbohydrates and low in fat.
Sweet White Rice Flour is much higher in starch than regular white rice flour. It is used more like a starch in baking, adding moisture to baked goods. It is not sweet, despite its name, but it is often used for desserts and is the main ingredient for making the Japanese dessert, mochi. We find that people are using this more and more in gluten free baking to help bind the baked goods. Browse our sweet white rice flour recipes here.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Japanese ingredients are hard to find!
- Used this because I couldn't find Mochiko (glutinous rice flour) at my local grocery store. It worked perfectly for my Japanese recipe, and I will use it again.
- Banana Puddin
- I used this many times to make my banana puddin a lil thicker,,i love it so much "its a much have to all cooks".
- Great for thicking gravy, white sauce
- Great for white sauce and gravy. Mild taste
- works for thickening BAD POUND CAKE
- We use this product in our gluten free baking and in sauces, however the Pound Cake Recipe on the back is horrendous. The recipe has to be off.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (51g)
Servings Per Container: 13
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories180Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate40 g13 %Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron0 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
sweet white rice
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy