Muesli was originally developed by Dr. Maximilian Bircher-Benner, a Swiss nutritionist at the end of the 19th century, and it remains one of the world’s most popular cereals. Dr. Bircher-Benner was ahead of his time in understanding that food is the best medicine, but he also knew that it simply wouldn’t be eaten if it wasn’t delicious. With those facts firmly in mind, he created an irresistible but healthy mélange of grain, fruit and nuts that his patients devoured joyfully on their way to wellness. Our fantastic Old Country Style Muesli is a tasty blend of whole grain rolled oats, wheat, rye, and triticale, as well as barley flakes, almond slivers, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds and walnuts. The end result is a highly nutritious and sustaining whole grain cereal that’s addictively tasty to boot!
Our muesli is made with wholesome ingredients, offering you food as nature intended it to be. And since it’s made with whole grains, it provides valuable fiber. By starting off your day with a hearty serving of whole grains, you’ll get the best start possible by staying full all morning!
Here are some great ways you can add this satisfying cereal to your diet. Try it for breakfast heated like porridge or pour milk or apple juice over it and serve it up as a cold cereal. Try sprinkling in some hemp seeds or chia seeds for added texture and nutrition. Mix in some fresh berries or other fruit with yogurt or eat it raw—both make a great snack. Muesli can also be used in cookies, muffins and pancakes. See the back of our package for a delicious Chocolate Chips Muesli Cookie recipe! Or check out the recipe tab below for additional recipe ideas.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 48 item(s)
- Simple ingredients. No additives
- I have been eating this almost daily for years. Mix with plain yogurt and berries for a simple quick and healthy breakfast. I've been doing that for years. Other mueslis have added sugar or preservatives. This is the most pure I have found.|I highly recommend it!
- Wow. I just can't believe it.
- Rarely do I find a product I love as much as I love this! I eat it every single day and feel bad when I run out. This cereal combines ingredients I absolutely love and is so well balanced.||Fantastic! Thank you.
- I was looking for a healthy and delicious cereal for breakfast that would fill me up and fuel me on my long runs. This is definitely one of my favorites I love all of Bed Red Mills!
- Great start to the morning!
- Yum Yum delish! I love it with my yogurt I am on my 4th bag....keeps me full for the morning. The only problem I have it is very hard for me to find.
- LOVE this cereal.
- I have a sensitivity to eggs and that takes a lot of breakfast options off the table for me at breakfast. I needed something that could sustain me for my 90+ minute daily workouts at the gym and this was it. This Meusli is wonderful, satisfying, it has protein and fiber, it's sweet and nutty and I savor every bite. I quickly prepare it at night with non-fat milk before I go to bed. It's easy to
- Hands down the best!
- I love this product and store it in the fridge to keep it fresh, since I was able to find a BIG bag at SAMS. I tried it with the yogurt soaking it overnight, but prefer it with milk for the crunch. I will always buy this for the rest of my life!
- Love this stuff! Just soaked in milk, yogurt, or kefir for extra nutrition and you have a satisfying fast breakfast!||Love to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
- I LOVE this!! I soak it in milk overnight with chopped green apples and extra mixed raisens. I eat it multiple times a day! Lol
- I tried the muesli a few months ago and its my go-to breakfast staple!! I have tried cold and hot but prefer with a 1/2 cup of cold almond milk and some fresh blueberries! Its a easy quick breakfast on the go too! I usually place muesli in a small container with the milk and allow it to "soak" on my way to work! Once ready to eat, I add the blueberries!! YUM!! Never fails! The dates and raisin giv
- I love this stuff!
- I absolutely love this Muesli. I have tried others and had a favorite that was a store brand from a local store but they have stopped carrying it so I tried this. I love it soaked in Almond Milk for Breakfast or a late night snack but I also soak it and add it to my whole wheat blueberry pancakes! It's so yummy! I recommend it to everyone I know.
- Great with apple juice...
- I'm on my 4th bag of this wonderful muesli-- the only breakfast cereal I've ever really liked. Like other reviewers, I'd had muesli in Europe, but had never been impressed by what I found at home. I'd tried a decent bulk product at the co-op, but when I happened on Bob's, I knew I'd found the Holy Grail-- the proportions of grains to raisins, nuts and seeds feel perfect to me. I really recommend t
- Not just for humans!
- Not only are all the good comments from others true, but this mix is also an awesome, wholesome, exciting treat for pets. Our bunny loves it, and I can feel good about feeding it. Sweetened by the fruits it doesn't need any added sugars. The chickens are also happy to get a handful from time to time.|(Note: not safe for dogs or cats because of the raisins.)
- I love this with Almond Breeze Vanilla.
- This taste great when used with Almond Breeze Vanilla. I prepare it the night before just before I head for bed. When I get up and am in a rush to get to work, the cold Almond Breeze Vanilla has worked magic with the Museli and just adding some stevia for a bit of sweet and a handful of blueberries and magic happens. Try it!
- ADDICTED TO THIS GEM - MY FAVORITE!!!
- I eat this for breakfast, mixing in cinammon, vanilla, stevia, and a little milk. It's a feel good start for the day, that's quite filling. Sometimes I mix it with slivered almonds and put it in a baggie for an easy on-the-go snack.
- Afte years I have finally found what I m
- I had experienced an incredible European Muesli while visiting Hong-Kong a few years ago. I looked all over for something like it whan I came home. I found this at my local big-box this last weekend and it is perfect. I had a bowl cooked in milk for breakfast Saturday, then tried it last night in the microwave. I would suggesty including the simple microwave recipe on the package. I had lefto
- Smoothie w/Muesli
- I use your product dry (not cooked) 1/3 c of muesli, 1 c milk, 2 T canola oil and ice...blend in blender and drink this...it is fabulous. The best breakfast ever. Thank you Bob's Redmill. Most delicious thing you can make in the morning.
- Love this Muesli!
- I have been using Bob's Red Mill Muesli for years. Love it mixed from the package with yogurt! Tastes amazing! But the cookie recipe on the package is the main reason I buy the product. I have never had someone not like them. Get tons of requests for those cookies.
- I love Muesli!!!
- This is my favorite cereal. I have been eating it for years. It is full of goodness and tastes great. I just add water and let it sit for 30 minutes and then eat. Sometimes instead of water I use yogurt or milk. Occasionally I cook it. But usually I just love to eat it plain.
- Now a Staple in My Home
- This fresh-tasting product consists of the perfect blend of ingredients. I use it as a snack, straight from the bag or mixed with strawberry yogurt (the latter has actually replaced my eating ice cream). Both are scrumptious. It's quite filling, as well as being tasty and good for you. When the cooler weather starts, I'll use it as a hot cereal, too: There will be no need to add anything to it it
- Great Taste
- Had been sitting in my cabinet for months. Decided to cook this morning. Delicious. Added a little more water than recommended and a touch of brown sugar. Will try with milk next time. Really good and I don't feel weighed down.
- OMG DELICIOUS!
- I didn't generally eat breakfast until I discover this Muesli! I love it! I let it soak in yogurt overnight and then eat it for breakfast. I even use it as a snack on long days because it seems to give me the energy I need to keep a even keel.
- The best of the Mueslis
- I got hooked on Muesli in Canada. It's on the menu at many breakfast places. I've tried all the brands and this is by far the best. Others seem to be made from a pile of mystery powder with the fruits and grains buried within it. Bob's Red Mill is the real deal.|At night I mix it with some strawberry yogurt and a little milk. Then the next morning I add in a small amount of orange juice, a squeeze
- Best breakfast ever
- I have a special tupperwear bowl just for my bkfst museli - I pour in 1/4c cereal, 1/2 fat free milk and slice a banana or add some berries on top - snap on the lid and throw in my backpack, by the time I get to work, the cereal has soaked up some of the milk, give it a quick stir and enjoy....couldn't be yummier, or more healthy....wonderful product
- Great hot or cold
- My favorite cereal hands down. I never get tired of it. I eat it hot or cold with a dash of cinnamon.
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
- I love this! I add almonds, walnuts, blueberries, strawberries and almond milk. It is so tasty, filling, and I feel like a health goddess!
- The BEST Muesli !
- My first taste of muesli was in Switzerland, while traveling on business. It was served mixed into yogurt. FANTASTIC! I pour on organic almond milk, and enjoy! Bob's is the only muesli I have found that tastes like what I had in Europe. I use many of Bob's products, and find them all to be best of kind.
- It starts my every morning! I'm hooked.
- Quick, easy, healthy. I add some wheat germ, ground flax, walnuts and cranberries, sometimes vanilla and/or bananas and cinnamon but it's great just plain. I compliment it with 3 egg whites in the morning and I am off to a great start.
- My \"go-to\" breakfast
- This is the best meusli on the market. I chop a half apple into mine with a splash of almond milk. Quick and easy vegan fare.It's also great for a late night munchie attack. It satisfies sweet, creamy(with almond milk) and crunchy cravings all in one.
- I could eat this everyday!
- I've been eating this every morning for the past week and it's awesome!! It is so healthy and filling too. I boil 1/2 cup muesli in 1/2 cup milk for 2-3 minutes, or until it absorbs all of the milk. Then I put about 1 tablespoon of honey on it. I've tried it in yogurt too, but like it hot better. Thanks for the great product, I can't wait to try some of your others too.
- My Way
- For breakfast, I put one cup of water in a small pot and heat it with a small handful of dried cranberries. As it starts to boil I add 3/4 cup of Muesli, turn the heat down and cook it slow for about 10 minutes. The longer cook is well worth it as you see the texture get mushy then the grains puff up bringing back the texture. Using the cranberries, it needs no sweetening. Just awesome!!!
- Great in Yogurt
- I eat this in yogurt almost everyday. I let it sit in the yogurt just ten minutes or so, as I like it crunchy. It's so good, and pretty low calorie!
- I use this product almost every morning for breakfast. I like my hot cereal with texture. 1/2 c. Museli with 1/2 c. Water. Heat for two minutes in a microwave safe bowl. Enjoy without any additional sweetner. Also great in yogurt. Keeps me feeling satisfied until lunch.
- Bob's Muesli is the best cold or hot
- I love the muesli best with Greek yogurt, and a banana or other fruit like blueberries--and maybe some walnuts or peacans.....I prefer it cold. But it also is great warm, then I add maple syrup and a tad of butter....it would also be good with vanilla ice cream....ok, so maybe am not always so health conscious, but for taste this is best. Thank you Bob! Also like several other products....Clair
- Luv this stuff
- For a quick hot breakfast or an after-workout snack right out of the package in a cup w/ some fresh blue or rasberries & greek yogurt. I am never without Muesli in my pantry.
- THANK YOU BOB's, SIMPLY SUPERB MUESLI
- I was born and raised in Holland spoiled with the many fresh baked goods and cereals. After moving to the US and having looked all over for 20 years and trying many others cereals, my wife one day came home with Bob's Muesli (Not shure what took her 20 years:-> still love her)My response was simply "Eureka" after I had my first bowl.|It is the right mix. Keep up the good work.|Another very happy c
- Excellent Hot Cereal
- We received a sample of this after touring Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie OR. All four of us (Dad, Mom, Son (14), Daughter (12)), did a taste-test this morning. We cooked it according to the package directions with milk. My husband thought that he might be "cleaning up" after the kids rejected the cereal, but he didn't get a single bite! Not being hot cereal kind of people, I think we will definitely
- Unbelievably delicious stuff!
- I have to say that this is my most favourite cereal of all time. I eat it every morning. 1/2 cup of muesli & 1/2 cup of milk with a little pumpkin pie spice sprinkled on top and it's like eating dessert for breakfast! I recommend this to everyone I know and have converted many family, friends and co-workers to this stuff. DON'T EVER CHANGE THIS PODUCT BOBS!!!
- Shockingly good stuff!
- I've hated muesli my entire life. My wife has tried to get me to eat it for the past 10 years, and I've never had more than a few bites. I got a sample pack of this at the grocery store, tried it mixed into yogurt and I was shocked at how amazing it was.||I'm now eating it almost every day for breakfast, and have gone out and bought a lot more products from Bob's Red Mill. Kudos to you on such a f
- Milks are good but try fruit juice!
- I eat this before my bike ride to work, well I guess I eat this before starting most of my days. I have eaten it with milk, coconut milk, soy milk, and yougurt and its great. But my favorite way to eat it is cold after a 5-10 munite soak in fresh squeezed orange juice with a little raw coconut. I know it sounds odd but give it a try.
- Best Carbs you'll ever eat!
- I was at a health food store in Atlanta and was lucky enough to come upon this wonderful product in a sample packet. It is the best I have ever eaten, contains the right carbs and can only be a good thing to eat. Try it. You won't be sorry. I did not cook it and found it great to snack on like granola.
- WONDERFUL PRODUCT
- I POOR MILK ON THE CEREAL ( MUESLI ) AT NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED. WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE A.M., I'M GOOD TO GO.THE MUESLI HAS SOAKED IN SOME OF THE MILK MAKING IT THE JUST RIGHT!. EVEN TRIED HALF AND HALF ONCE.ABSOLUTLY AWESOME CEREAL !!!.
- I love your Muesli ! I ...
- I love your Muesli ! I have it every single morning with cold milk and cant say enough good things about it, thank you !
- I love it because there's ...
- I love it because there's no added sugar in the package. I can add or not add any if I want. It's very filling and yummy.
- I love it with soy yogurt ...
- I love it with soy yogurt or even warmed slightly with some almond milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Always have this on hand!
- Love your cereal! It ...
- Love your cereal! It reminds me of our time spent in Europe. It's so healthy. I have mine with blueberries or strawberries and soy milk. I don't think you can eat healthier than that! THANKS!
- I love it. It's great for ...
- I love it. It's great for breakfast and when I don't feel like cooking! I love it hot with dollop of maple syrup on top! Thanks Bob!
- I just tried it with ...
- I just tried it with yogurt for the first time and it is so yummy! I can't wait for snack time. I know my daughter and I will be fighting for this product. Thanks for all the wonderful products. You are all wonderful!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (32g)
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories110Calories from Fat25
Total Fat3 g5 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate21 g7 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars5 gN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Whole Grain Wheat, Date Crumbles, Sunflower Seeds, Raisins, Whole Grain Rye, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Triticale (wheat), Flaxseed, Almonds and Walnuts.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and