DetailsNutritional yeast is grown on enriched purified cane and beet molasses under carefully controlled conditions. T6635, with the addition of vitamin B12, is an ideal vegetarian support formula and has an appealing cheese flavor. It can be sprinkled over popcorn or salads, added to juice, cereal, smoothies, gravies, soups or casseroles, or used to make sandwich spreads.
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 6 item(s)
- Nutritional Yeast is not MSG
- Glutamates are amino acids present in and a building block of the protein foods that we eat. They contribute a savory or "umami" flavor profile - think about the rich, complex flavors delivered by mushrooms, soy sauce or parmesan cheese. MSG is the sodium salt of glutamate. If nutritional yeast was MSG or even contained MSG, then the nutrition facts panel would include sodium. There is no sodiu
- Nutritional yeast is NOT the same as MSG
- I have to disagree with another reviewer concerning her statement that "nutritional yeast is basically the same thing as "MSG". From what I have learned it is definitely nutritionally different from "MSG", and doesn't affect the body in the same way that "MSG" can. Confusion can arise because of similar names. Please don't just take my word for it. Do your own research and look at many sources of
- Great On Popcorn !
- I got this idea from Dr. Oz. When you make popcorn, instead of using butter and cheese, add this yeast and extra virgin olive oil. It tastes great, and is good for you !! We make air popped popcorn, and we shake these on as it's coming out of the popper. This yeast has a yummy cheesy taste.
- Great in soups and sauces!
- I love using this in veggie soups to add a robust flavour. It also enhances onion or mushroom gravy. So good mixed in bean burgers.
- Good Product, Poor Service
- Great way to add flavor and B-12 to Vegan diet! Adds a cheesy flavor to vegan chilie/mac and pop-corn!
- Yummy for vegans seeking cheese!
- Nutritional yeast is a really healthy and yummy way to replace cheese in your diet. I use it on pasta, instead of parmesan cheese. I also sprinkle it on any food that would taste nice with a cheesy kick ( tacos, pizza, casseroles etc). It comes in flakes, that kind of look like fish food, and it melts down into a nice sauce if you bubble it with water or broth. I love this product and use it all t
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (12g)
Servings Per Container: 18
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories45Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate5 g2 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %SugarsgN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
inactive nutritional yeast (dried Yeast, Niacini, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12)
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy