Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal is ground from whole Oregon hazelnuts, or filberts. Hazelnuts are often overlooked for their nutritional value, but these healthy nuts provide a good amount of vitamin E and a healthy serving of monounsaturated fats in each 1/4 cup serving. Not only do hazelnuts have a healthy boost of protein, they are also very low in carbohydrates and naturally gluten free.
Did you know that adding hazelnut meal to your baking and cooking can bring the health benefits of hazelnuts to your diet, as well as cutting back on carbohydrate consumption? Replacing 30% of the flour in your baking with hazelnut meal will add wonderful texture and flavor while reducing the total carbohydrates. This makes it perfect for those following a low carbohydrate or paleo diet. Hazelnut meal is produced in our gluten free facility, making it an ideal addition to a gluten free diet.
In addition to low carbohydrate baking, hazelnut meal is wonderful for use in pastries, pie crusts, cakes, cookies, pancakes and quick breads. Hazelnut meal will bring a rich, buttery flavor to your baking while adding an enticing aroma that can only come from high quality hazelnuts. Hazelnut meal can be used in savory applications, as well. Use hazelnut meal in place of bread crumbs in meatballs, or as a coating for chicken and fish.
Our hazelnut meal is not blanched. Find recipes for using hazelnut meal under the recipe tab below. Hazelnut meal is best kept refrigerated or frozen.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Wonderful flavor!
- Easy to pour over chicken or fish on the grill. Great to bake with as an alternative to flour and gives a nutty flavor. Love it.
- Yummy and versatile
- I love this product. I use it in cookies and muffins to add healthy fats as well as protein and fiber. Also great in hot breakfast cereal for an extra nutty taste. I use it in bobs red mill oat bran cereal. Yum Yum!
- This is an excellent product!
- I love this product! I've been learning to cook with nut fours since I have been moving away from eating grains. I love the flavor and texture of this flour. It is kept in the freezer where it remains fresh and stable. Give it a try!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (28g)
Servings Per Container: 14
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories180Calories from Fat150
Total Fat17 g26 %Saturated Fat1 g5 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate5 g2 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C2 %Calcium4 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy