DetailsWe are delighted to bring this versatile vanilla cake mix to your home. Made with a perfect blend of gluten-free flours and starches, this mix can be easily transformed into your favorite cake or cupcake recipes that call for a white cake, or simply bake as directed for a delicate vanilla cake. Our Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix features healthy, whole grain sorghum flour. Sorghum flour is a powerhouse of nutrition and adds a superb flavor to gluten-free baking. This cake mix contains: Sugar, Potato Starch, Tapioca Flour, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Baking Powder (Monocalcium Phosphate, Bicarbonate of Soda, Cornstarch), Sea Salt (Magnesium Carbonate), Xanthan Gum, Vanilla Powder (Sugar, Cornstarch, Vanilla Extract).
Customer Reviews 17 item(s)
- Enjoyed this cake.
- I bought this mix on sale, I put off making it for about 2 weeks. This morning I baked it. For "frosting" I simply added whipped cream. I thoroughly enjoyed this cake. I am heading back to the store today to see if they have more mixes.
- I picked this mix up on a whim today, knowing that I needed to bake a gluten free cake this evening, and that I would be short on time.||I let the eggs sit out awhile until they were at room temperature, and then whisked in the bag of mix. Rather than use canola oil and water, I mixed in 3/4c olive oil, 1/4c + 2tblsp Grand Marnier, and the juice of one orange. I forgot to set the timer, but checke
- Absolutely delicious cake. Such a clean taste, no chemicals, pure and wholesome. My family loves this cake. I wish more stores carry this product. Unfortunatley I constantly have to seek it out. It truly is delicious!
- Too sweet, otherwise great
- It's a great product except for it is too sweet. I had to make a totally different frosting to offset the overpowering sweetness of this cake.
- Gluten Free Cake Mix
- I am new to eating gluten free, so I have been trying different products and brands. I was very pleasantly surprised by this cake mix. Delicious flavor, great texture. I would say better than any cake with gluten in it. LOVE this cake!
- Delicious! Like Grandma's!
- Tastes like something our grandmothers would have made! I made a delicious buttery, coconut frosting and it was amazing!
- made mini loafs and cupcakes... would use it for small wedding cakes or wedding cupcakes... price good also..
- Absolutely Wonderful!!
- This cake mix makes a cake that is absolutely delicious! Before I knew I had celiac disease, I always made all my cakes from scratch -- never used cake mixes. My favorite was a pound cake, and my husband always liked the light and fluffy cakes that you get when you use a cake mix. The texture of this gluten-free cake is a very good combination of the two. It's light, but also has the wholesome
- If I may so so...
- This easy mix is versatile when trying to come up with new tastes.|However, I am also allergic to corn.||I use BRM, with their large selection of flours and mixes. Excellent products.||I have found a good recipe for yellow cake on King Arthur's Flour site, with no cornstarch in it, if I may share that information. I find recipes everywhere, but get my supplies from Bob.|thanks!
- Beats the
- Hands down, this is by far the best white/vanilla cake I have EVER eaten. I've been on a GF diet for 15 yrs and grudgingly bought this product just another cake I would get my hopes up for and then the birds would not even eat it (again). Suddenly I became extremely territorial, this cake I waited 15 yrs for and I finally found it and was not nice in sharing it with my family. After serving it fo
- Absolutely amazing! Best cake EVER.
- I actually never liked cake growing up. My mom would serve pies for my birthday instead of cakes. I am gluten intolerant and after seeing this mix, I thought I'd see if I liked cake... :) This is the best cake in the world! It's so light and fluffy. I added cream cheese to the batter and made a cream cheese frosting with lots of pumpkin pie spice. You can also throw in lemon juice, lemon zest, any
- Delicious! Great base for any cake!
- I love playing with this as a base for other cakes and cupcakes. My favorite and most successful has been crushing cardamom and cinnamon and folding it into the batter. Then, spreading vanilla frosting on top with sprinkles of freshly ground cinnamon on top! It goes perfectly with a chai latte!||Thanks to Bob's Red Mill, there is hope for my love for baked goods!
- Best Vanilla cake ever
- I love this cake mix. Ive tried all kinds of mixes, so Im very skeptical of new mixes. By far this little bag surprised me. Making two gorgeous fluffy 9in cakes. Awesome home made from scratch cake texture, not spongy like others. I used it to make a Blueberry Upside down cake! Even non GF people enjoyed it. This has potential to become a experimental mix in my kitchen as I love sweets!
- By far the best GF cake ...
- By far the best GF cake mix EVER!!! Texture is just like "real" cake, not crumbly at all! Didn't have enough vanilla for my taste so I added 1 tsp. of double strength vanilla -YUMMY!!! No bean-y aftertaste because there is no bean flour! We will be buying this a lot because it also has no rice flour (we can't have rice).
- Add 2/3 cup oil instead ...
- Add 2/3 cup oil instead of 1/2 cup and a little more water than the recipe calls for and cook on the low end of time for a much moister cake. Add Coconut Cream pudding made with whipping cream instead of milk for a nice coconut mousse to go between the layers, frost with vanilla frosting and add sweetened coconut flakes for an amazing coconut cake!
- This is the BEST GF cake ...
- This is the BEST GF cake I have EVER had!! I LOVE IT! I have been looking and looking for a great cake, and this is IT!!! GREAT JOB!!!
- I would love to find a ...
- I would love to find a great gluten-free cake mix that does not have any corn starch in it.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/16th Package (33g dry mix)
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories120Calories from Fat0
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium180 mg8 %Total Carbohydrate29 g10 %Dietary Fiber0 g0 %Sugars16 gN/AProtein0 g0 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium4 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
sugar, potato starch, tapioca flour, whole grain sorghum flour, baking powder(monocalcium phosphate, bicarbonate of soda, cornstarch), sea salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent), xanthan gum, natural vanilla powder (sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract