Our Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix makes a light, crispy, delicious pizza crust. Specially designed for those sensitive to wheat or gluten and delightfully easy, this whole grain pizza crust bakes up to two 12" gluten free pizzas! Top with your favorite gluten free toppings and savor how delicious homemade pizza can be. Our Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix is wheat free, dairy free, whole grain and can be made without eggs. Ingredients: whole grain brown rice flour, potato starch, whole grain millet flour, whole grain sorghum flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, cane sugar, xanthan gum, active dry yeast, sea salt, guar gum.
It’s quite easy to prepare. Just add eggs (or substitute flaxseed meal for a vegan crust), water and olive oil. The mix contains a yeast packet and bakes up like a real wheat crust. The texture and taste of this crust is fantastic! It’s crispy and chewy and has the wonderful yeast flavor of a wheat crust. Try adding a little basil, oregano, garlic, or finely chopped rosemary to the mix to expand the flavor palate.
There are so many creative ways to use this mix! We’ve received many happy reports from our customers and their explorations: cheese breads, Stromboli, Chapati, Roti and Naan, to name a few. It makes a very tasty flat bread (cover with cheese and your favorite vegetables for the second baking) to serve with soups and heartier stews. If you want to branch out further, cut the dough for donuts, fry it up and coat with powdered sugar or cinnamon. Follow the recipe on the package to make outstanding gluten free cinnamon rolls with this versatile mix. You can also make pretzels sprinkled with a little salt, and serve with a side of mustard. Additionally, our Gluten Free Pizza Crust has been praised for making delicious bread sticks with garlic and butter. The flavor is also a big hit with kids, so it works great for leftovers in school lunches.
For more pizza-loving inspiration, take a peek at this article from our blog: www.bobsredmill.com/blog/gluten-free/mixing-it-up-gluten-free-pizza-crust.
NOTE: Bulk 25 lb bag does not include active dry yeast
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 53 item(s)
- This is so good!
- This was the first gluten free pizza that I had ever tried to make. I was very worried that it wouldn't taste right, because my son is a very picky eater. It was a huge hit. My son said it was better than the homemade pizza that I used to make before I went gluten free. It was also very easy to make. It was a bit sticky, but as long as I wet my hands, it worked great!
- All gluten free pizza dough that I've eaten has tasted the same: horrible. This tastes/smells like normal dough. Usually I'm horrible about baking things but this was super easy to make and super customizable. Minus a star because the yeast packet inside would be hard to divide, so you have to make the whole bag at once.
- Good taste, would prefer organic non GMO
- I would definitely put less water in as it came out very sticky and I had to use corn starch to shape it on the stone. Once you cook it before making the pizza, it does form well. The flavor was very good but enjoy it while it is hot for the best texture. I would however prefer a non GMO GF option. I would definitely give 5 star if this was the organic! Enjoyed the pizza.
- Easy to Divide into More
- This package can easily make more than one 16 inch pizza, or two 12 inch ones. I divided the dough to make four pizzas. I like a fairly thin crust, so this works well for me. The finshed pizza was appx 10 inches. Unused dough was frozen to be used for another treat night. Although the crust didn't get as crispy as I would like, it was still good.
- This makes great pizza crust!
- I've made this pizza crust mix several times and it always turns out great. The best gluten free pizza crust I've tried. Thank you Bob's!
- work in progress
- followed the directions as required. I think if I make the crust thinner next time and add herbs as suggested it will be better. I did brush the rim with olive oil seasoned with oregano and, browned up, it was the best part of the crust. I needed to make the base much thinner and I believe the addition of herbs will improve the taste. Certainly worth another go 'round. My problem is I'm a real crust snob -- I LOVE a good crust -- and I want the GF crust to be perfect. I never order a GF pizza when I'm at a restaurant because frankly, they all stink. So I want to perfect my own. I'll keep working on it with Bob's Red Mill because it's got the most potential.
- Best I've had
- If you follow the directions, it's excellent pizza crust. We make pizza at home on a regular basis, and I'm thrilled to have something for the GF in the family. I use it to make 4 ~10" pizza crusts, and after the first bake, freeze the ones I'm not using that night. Another night, I top frozen crusts and bake them just a bit longer for the 2nd bake. The texture is just a tad different frozen, but still very good. I really wish my local restaurants would start using this.
- MUST follow instructions & it's delish!!
- I followed the instructions, but I let it rise longer than it called for (had to shop for pizza ingredients). When it says to use wet hands to spread the dough, it is NOT kidding - it means WET - then it doesn't stick. I was leery as to whether it would be any good but it came out looking great. I added the ingredients (light sauce), and even my otehr half said he preferred this to regular pizza crusts, and he's not stuck being GF. My son loved it & I loved it. I simply put the whole thing into a cookie tray & split the ingredients into thirds. Worked like a champ!! Next I'll be adding herbs into the dough, maybe parmesan & dessert pizzas! Went back to the store & bought the remaining bags (on sale).
- So pleased!
- I was kind of hesitant in making this dough because my skills are kind of low, and some of the reviews mentioned how difficult it is to handle. I made the dough in my bread machine and just followed the machine's instructions on pizza dough and it worked! I added a little honey (3/4 tsp) as well. You really do need to keep your hands dripping wet in order to handle the dough. It is also kind of difficult to shape, but I just put it straight on my cookie sheet and did my best to make it into a pizza shape. I also dusted the bottom and the crust with Bob's GF cornmeal. Because I had read that the flavor is a little plain, I spread garlic butter on the crust inbetween baking times. Next time, however, I plan to add more garlic butter and adding it when the dough is still raw, before I add the toppings to allow it to bake into the crust. Overal, I was pleasantly surprised.
- GF Pizza Crust Holds Up Vegan
I was so pleasantly surprised with this pizza crust that I am already on my second package, and will bring it for a holiday party as it does not have a noticeable beany taste. I made it vegan, using flax seed meal, per notes on the package. I was a bit concerned while working with the dough, as it had a bit of a slick slippery feel that comes from the rice flour, but does not translate into that slick taste in the finished crust.
I split the dough into 2, refrigerated the second half for 2 -3 days. I pressed it thinner than suggested, so got slightly larger pies which I like, as I can heap on the toppings, and allows the edges to get crisper.
- Convenient and Reliable
- What I like best about this is that it mixes up quickly and easily, and it makes 2 pizzas, so it's really economical for feeding a family. It does not make a crispy crust, and I've tried to do that multiple ways. I usually spread it into th pizza pan, bake it until it's just firm enough to get it off the pan directly onto the rack, and then bake it directly on the rack until it's almost done prior to adding the toppings. That does help it brown and crisp better than if I follow the package instructions. But it does not get truly crisp, no matter how I try. I also add a teaspoon of granulated garlic and a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning, otherwise I notice a slightly "off" flavor to the dough. But, it still beats the homemade GF doughs I've tried to make, some of which were garbage-can flops.
- LOVE IT!
- This is the only pizza dough our family will agree on. We've tried several...we keep going back to this one. I add a little Italian Seasoning for a little more flavor and the family loves it. Thanks Bob for making GF items...we love you for it!
- YUM YUM YUM
Just made a very quick and delicious GF and Dairy free pizza. This crust was perfect. Cooked perfectly and was so simple to make. Would definitely buy this again. Next time I would save half the dough by sticking it in the freezer and spread the dough out a little thinner to make it even more delicious.
I was very pleased with this product and would definitely buy this again in a heart beat for my next pizza!
- A nutritionist recently suggested that I go gluten free in an attempt to control chronic migraines. Overall it's been easier than I thought it would be but I've had trouble finding bread products. The nutritionist suggested Bob's Red Mill and I used the mix today to make bread sticks to eat with soup during the week. I was very pleasantly surprised at how tasty the bread sticks are!
- Excellent Pizza Crust
- Fantastic crust. I serve this to family members and friends instead of making two different kinds of crust. Great flavor enhancer...add garlic and parmesan cheese. Very economical to make.
- Simply Wonderful!
- I was recently diagnosed as gluten sensitive and have started a gluten free diet. It has been so hard to find things to make for our family that we used to have and can still all eat. This pizza mix was fabulous and turned out a great pizza! The kids even asked for more. This will be a staple in our house from now on! Thanks Bob's Red Mill for making our life a little easier!
- Fried chicken
- I bought this product to make pizza with, but haven't gotten around to it yet, as my husband doesn't really like pizza. But I used to make fried chicken for him on the day of one of his favorite rival football games. I know that I can't have any wheat now, so I grabbed the pizza dough mix and tried it with my own fried chicken recipe. It worked great!!
- LOVE LOVE LOVE!
- This pizza crust is amazing! One bag makes 2 pizzas, but I freeze half of the dough for next time. It's easy to make and tastes really good. I first got this from a friend because I love pizza. Then I started buying it myself! The only bad part is, it's hard to find in the grocery store. It's one of those products that they don't carry all the time, so that's why I'm buying it online.
- It's pizza how could it not be good
- I could take it or leave it, it's easy so I'm sure I'll buy it again, though I think I'd have better luck if I used a recipe using other BRM GF flours.
- Absolutely AMAZING!!
- My BF found this mix in a store and brought some home for us to try because pizza is one of my favorite foods and something I have missed dearly since going GF. This is amazing! I could not tell a difference at all, and neither could he! It was a little difficult to spread on the pizza pan but with more water on the hands, we fixed that issue. And it did take a little longer to cook but the smell
- I have been gluten/dairy/sugar free for about a year. I have tried everything, and ended up just giving up on trying to find bread-product substitutes. I had this in my pantry for 6 months before I got around to using it. Well, I sure wish I had tried sooner. This was fabulous. NO weird texture or strange taste. A+.
- GF pizza crust
- I baked a cheeseless pizza in my Pampered Chef bar with the GF pizza crust! I used olive oil and fresh pressed garlic when i was spreading the dough to prevent sticking. I will be buying this in bulk!
- Yes...I can have pizza again!
- I ate pizza for the first time in months recently thanks to this "gluten free" pizza crust mix. I was so pleased with it. It was simple to make and quick. Great texture and flavor. Next time I will try adding some natural herbs to the mix before baking to see how that goes.
- no metallic taste
- Doesn't have that metallic taste that usually comes with gluten free breads. Most similar to a regular flour pizza crust!
- Great Texture, Satisfying, and Worth It!
- I use this pizza crust mix as an alternative to buying pre-made, frozen GF crusts, which I find tasteless, have a poor texture (they are often freezer burned!) and overpriced. The taste and texture of this one are outstanding.
- Great pizza mix!
- This is a great GF pizza crust. It was easy to make and delicious. I live in Mexico where pizza is not the best so I bought this mix to make my own. I have tried the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts but Bob's Mill is superior. I will definitely keep this pizza crust mix in my pantry as it is convenient.
- ok but bland
- I used this product and made 2 pizzas. The first one worked better because i used a pan with holes in it but it was hard getting it onto that pan. The dough does not stick together well and comes apart all over your hands. I advise adding garlic powder and a little salt to the dough which makes it taste a whole lot better. I also advise greasing the pan very well and coating your hands in olive oi
- Bake it longer than suggested...
- This pizza is too floppy if you cook it by directions. I have to bake it longer before adding toppings for it to get a little harder, otherwise it would be too hard to eat it with your hands. Also in my opinion the flavor is not great. I use it because the price is affordable but I don't love it.
- Even the kids loved it!!!!
- I made this last night for dinner. I didn't tell my partner or the kids..... Everyone was eating and I was so excited! It is very sticky when spreading but tasted AMAZING.|When they saw me eating it they realized it was GF... they all agreed it was delicious!
- Good with Morel mushrooms
- Bought morel mushrooms on sale yesterday, so today I used them to top a Pizza along with lean ground beef, onion, tomatoes and garlic. The Red Mill crust was easy to make and had a nice yeasty bread flavor. The crust had a nice golden edge. it would have been even better, had I followed the directions and cooked the crust 9 minutes before I put on the toppings. This mix will certainly be a staple
- PIZZA PARADISE !!!
- I'm entering my 7th year as a person with Celiac Disease. My husband is the main cook in our home, and has tried different pizza recipes over the years. None have been good. Then he discovered Bob's Red Mill Products and it was like the gates to PARADISE opening!! He said it was very easy to make this pizza.
- Best I have had!
- Well, Sorghum flour is the best and I think this is what makes this taste so good. When you start using bean flour or only rice flours, I find recipes don't taste so great and this is one of Bob's products that DOES NOT have bean flour in it. Pizza is my favorite food and I am picky. I have tried several recipes. I do have a good homemade gluten free pizza recipe that won awards but we (husband
- Excellent GF products!
- My husband is gluten-intolerant and it has been a challenge finding good GF products. Red Mill has the best, hands down! I use the GF pancake mix (delicious) and have now tried the pizza dough (amazing!). I was not interested in re-creating our unhealthy eating habits with GF products so I really searched for items that were healthy and tasty. I found them!
- Perfectly amazing!
- I spent a year watching others eat pizza and felt left out since I can't have wheat products. Then I found this Pizza dough which was so easy to make and makes me a wonderful cook! It was our Super Bowl meal this year, home made pizza that everyone wanted! I did the dough a little different I used a wood board with rice flour on it and worked it out to the size I wanted.
- Great Pizza Crust
- I have tried many Pizza Crustmixes, and have tried making my own. This is the best I have found! Is it like Pizza Crust from a pizza shop. No but it has great texture and flavor. In the Gluten Free world nothing will taste the same or have the same texture. But thanks to Bobs Mill...we can have great tasting food!!!! Bravo!!!!
- Best Pizza Ever
- This made the best pizza I ever tasted!
- Yippeeee - it's Pizza Time!!!!!
- I'm soo very glad for this product-it's like making homemade pizza when I was a kid! I absolutely love it & so does my husband (who isn't celiac). He actually prefers your crust to any other that we've tried. Thank you so much for making it possible to have pizza again -)
- Classy Alternative
- As a yeast product, this pizza was great.|The thin crust and gluten free benefit enabled us to enjoy feeding our craving and eat healthy. Used organic tomato paste and high end pesto as a light sauce and added strips of roasted peppers, roasted eggplant, thin slices cooked potato and a drizzling of olive oil. With a glass of red wine...it was elegant. |Trust the fact you must wet your hands freque
- Best pizza I've had since going gf
- This was the best pizza mix that I have found. We made it without using an electric mixer and it still came out great. My gluten eating boyfriend liked it more than the pizza he normally eats and his roommates scarfed it down (and had thirds) without realizing that it was gluten free.||It has a great, fluffy, thick crust and makes a lot of pizza.
- Great Stuuf
- Fabulous! The dough in the refrigerator overnight, even better. I added black olives to the dough, yum.
- Easy way to spread dough
- So happy to have pizza again. To make spreading the dough really easy: Cover ball of dough with plastic wrap (I overlap two sheet to cover my pan) and smooth out with a rolling pin. This really cuts down on mess and speeds up the process.
- Love it!
- We made pizza with this crust the other night - it was delicious! I didn't think we would be able to find a suitable replacement for pizza crust when I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, but we were truly amazed and overjoyed when we tasted it! Yum! I can't wait to have pizza again! :)
- I have made over six pizzas with this!
- I am SO happy that I found this product! I am gluten intolerant and pizza is probably my favorite food. I have made many, many pizzas with this mix and my only complaint is that it stays pretty soft. Some people like the crust soft and I happen to like it VERY crispy! I found a solution to this problem, though: Cutting the pizza into slices after it's finished then individually baking the slices a
- Not Just for Pizza!
- This dough is great as a pizza base and it worked quite well for making little 'calzones' with a spinach and feta filling by forming thin circles on a baking sheet, adding filling, then flattening small balls of dough in my hands, pressing them over the top. Patching is easy.
- Great item!
- Great alternative for families with Celiac. I make an entire package - forming 4 smaller crusts - bake them for the first time for 6 mins and then freeze them and pull them out as needed. Not everyone in our families eats gluten free, so it's great to have at the ready for pizza nights.
- Great Pizza
- I have tried other GF pizza crust but this one is by FAR the best. I thought good pizza was a thing of the past. Thanks to this pizza crust I can have great pizza whenever I want. The greatest thing is that my entire family likes it and eats it over the gluten containing pizza. Thanks for a great product.
- Good substitute! Daughter loved it!
- First try at GF pizza. Very pleased. I made the dough the day before and threw away to package... Whoops! So I baked it like normal. Spread the dough, add the sauce, add the toppings and bake. Not exactly the way the directions stated. It worked out great - baked at 375 for about 12 minutes and came out with a nice soft crust.||THANKS BOBS!!!
- It was easy to make. I just got my hands real wet. I spread the rice flour on my pizza stone to keep it from sticking! It tastes so much like regular flour pizza crust that my kids and myself are all in heaven. We have a large family and this mix is easy and very affordable!
- Great for more than just pizza!
- This mix does make a wonderful pizza crust, but it also makes the BEST gluten-free donuts and soft pretzels. I mix it according to directions, roll out with potato starch or all-purpose mix, and cut into donuts. Then I allow them to raise for 15 minutes (while the fryer warms up) and then fry them until lightly brown on both sides. Shake in a paper bag of either powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
- Liked it so much I bought a whole box
- What works for me because I can substitute almond milk and flax seed meal and it works!|Bakes really nice and easy.
- We just tried this mix ...
- We just tried this mix and it was wonderful. We made 4 personal size pizza crusts. It was also make wonderful fococcia bread.
- This pizza crust mix is a ...
- This pizza crust mix is a life saver!! Pizza is one of my favorites and after trying several recipes with failure I thought I was going to have to give it up. This mix is very easy to use and turns out perfect every time.
- This is a staple of mine. ...
- This is a staple of mine. High in fiber, protien, and whole grains. I use it as an all-purpose replacement for flour. It makes amazing flatbread and vareneky.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1 pizza slice (57g mix)
Servings Per Container: 8
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories200Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium370 mg15 %Total Carbohydrate45 g15 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars2 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain brown rice flour, potato starch, whole grain millet flour, whole grain sorghum flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, evaporated cane juice, xanthan gum, active dry yeast, sea salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent), guar gum