5 Grain Rolled Cereal is freshly milled from a unique and complimentary blend of premium whole grain oats, whole wheat, rye, barley, triticale and flaxseed. It is just like oatmeal, only better! One serving of our 5 Grain Rolled Hot Cereal provides more than half of your daily recommended amount of whole grains. Low in fat and a good source of dietary fiber, this healthy and flavorful cereal is a great way to start your day.
Try mixing this cereal with milk or yogurt and letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight for "Cold Oats." It's also wonderful taken right from the bag and sprinkled over Greek yogurt with fresh fruit. For a divine breakfast treat, cook it up hot, add a bit of dark cocoa and cinnamon, and top it off with a dollop of peanut butter.
This cereal is also great added to homemade bread, or as a replacement for plan oats in all your favorite recipes. Make your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe using our 5 Grain Cereal for a delectable treat. Or, use it to make delicious healthy granola bars for the whole family. Don't forget to try the 5 Grain Cookies recipe on the back of our package!
Customer Reviews 29 item(s)
- Excellent Breakfast!
- I have recently discovered this cereal, and I am so thrilled with it. I cook it with half a serving of dried apples and a dash of salt - takes 3 minutes in the microwave. Then I add just a tiny bit of brown sugar and a splash of milk. The texture is more interesting than oatmeal, and the flavor is very pleasant and mild. It's also good with dried apricots.
- Good hot cereal
- I like how this hot cereal maintains its shape and is rather bland by itself so I can add cranberries, raisins, etc along with Truvia. It keeps me satisfied so is good for days I'm working and it's gonna be busy with no time for snacks. My favorite way to eat it is prepared like I said along with a container of Greek yogurt, cup of hot tea, and maybe a piece of fruit!
- Most Delicious way to start your day!
- This is the tastiest way to start your morning! It's not gummy like quick oats, so much flavor and the texture is wonderful. I make it with some plump juicy raisins and a bit of cinnamon. In a pinch last week, I was making it at the office, had forgotten cinnamon, so I brewed a cup of apple cinnamon herbal tea and made my cereal with that! it was AMAZING!
- LOVE this cereal!
- I love this hot cereal. I make it with diced apples, cinnamon, and a little salt. I top it off with a teaspoon of brown sugar. The most awesome part is that it is the most Weight Watchers-friendly hot cereal I have found: only THREE POINTS for a 1-cup serving! And it's as satisfying as a bowl of oatmeal. I'm considering buying the 4.5 pound box direct from Bob's so I can save some money.
- Great breakfast
- I prepare this cereal by following the recipe on the back, boiling water with added cinnamon, and then adding cereal and raisins. I make it in the evening, refrigerate, and then have enough for two breakfasts. I microwave the cereal for two minutes and then the cereal is ready to eat with milk. Can't get much easier!
- All time favorite hot cereal
- I love this cereal! I use an half serving of dried fruit and no other sweetner! Cooked in microwave makes a perfect start to my day.
- I combine this with equal amount of steel cut oats. I use three parts water to one part milk. I add real vanilla and almond extract to taste. It cooks in the crockpot over night and ready in the morning. LOVE IT ! ! !
- Adds Excellent Body to Sourdough Bread
- Surprise not to see any reviews incorporating product into bread - makes a hugh difference in taste, crumb and lightness of any loaf.
- Great for breakfast. I never bother to cook it, just add raisins, a few walnuts, and mix with my favorite yogurt and voila, a great treat.
- Great cereal
- Great taste, like to eat cold with a little milk. No sweeteners needed. Really helps to watch my sugar intake, fiber and omega 3. Have tried many types of cereals and none had a good flavor like this one. Good nuttiness to the cereal and texture. Will buy other products from this brand.
- Very Tasty!
- I mostly use this as a hot cereal as an alternative to oatmeal. Wonderful flavor.
- A delicious mixture of whole grains
- I absolutely love this whole grain mixture. I am so full after eating it I do not get hungry until lunch and sometimes later. I mix it with Stevia, walnuts and real maple syrup for a great breakfast and really pretty healthy. I usually mix 1/2 cup cereal with 1 cup of water and microwave for 2 minutes than let sit for 5. Recommend this highly.
- FANTASTIC cereal!
- This cereal does NOT have to be cooked. I soak it refrigerated overnight with the recommended ratio of cereal and water next morning add vanilla and brown sugar or maple syrup. It's GREAT with bananas and blueberries. Add cinnamon and apple for a change. If it's cold out, you can warm it up but that's not usually the case in Texas.
- Best cereal ever
- I cook this cereal in the evening and then refrigerate. The next morning, I microwave a portion for two minutes (add about 1 Tablespoon water) for an easy hot breakfast.|I add raisins and cinnamon (sometimes pumpkin pie spice) when cooking. |It is even delicious cold.
- The best breakfast blend out there
- I absolutely love this particular blend because each ingredient seems carefully included and is individually delicious. Not only is this cereal totally satisfying when served hot, it's texture does not appreciably change when cooked in the microwave vs. on the stove, which makes it a convenient whole grain choice. Plus, it helps make my homemade granola even tastier and nutrient-dense. This is li
- Delicious filling cereal
- For my personal tastes, this cereal cooks up beautifully in 10 minutes. My favorite way to eat it: brown sugar, berries (usually strawberry, blueberry, raspberry), sliced almonds, a spoon of chobani fat free yogurt (for an extra protein kick which I think is important for breakfast) and a dash of soymilk. Fiber, protein, and little sweetness to keep me going straight to lunch time. Good texture, f
- Makes \"Breakfast Cookies\" reasonable!
- I love this as a hot cereal, with a bit of brown sugar, but the recipe for the cookies is the show stopper - makes an amazingly delicious, healthy and portable snack that makes the idea of a "Breakfast Cookie" truly reasonable. People are always amazed that such a delicious cookie can actually be good for you!||Also try the BRM Muesli cookies. Great stuff!
- Best of Bob's
- Agree with all the other reviews. What a superb product. Great mix of whole grains and fiber types. Great texture. Desert tip—it may take some tweaking, but make a stovetop "rice pudding" using the 5 Grain Cereal instead of rice!!!
- It's not just good for breakfast!
- I absolutely love this and the other products for breakfast! But, I have a grandchild who is ADHD, and has sugars restricted from his diet. One day I made, "Bob's 5 Grain Cookies", and snuck him some cookies while at my house. He was great! Now this is my secret, and the only cookie that he can eat.It is wonderful that he can have a cookie that doesn't make him bounce off the walls. Thank You!
- Awesome cereal
- I love this cereal. I have divt. and it is helpful with this. I eat it almost every morning with a handful of nuts. I microwave it and have no problems with losing any texture or flavor. I wish that I could purchase this at the store but they don't seem to carry it they go for the higher grained cereal and I think this one is perfect. Glad I can order on line. Yes, coupon here and there wou
- Childhood Revisited, but Better!
- This cereal is the best hot cereal I have come across in a long time. Eating this now for 10 years, the taste reminds me of the Wheatena cereal my mother fixed (and I loved) as a kid. Making this cereal better is that the texture is chewy and substantial. Excellent with milk and maple syrup. Add nuts or dried fruit during cooking to make a more-filling breakfast.
- My favourite!
- If you would only Give us some Coupons, from time to time, please, as good clients that we are, it would be even better!
- great product
- I used this product in a bread recipe from america's test kitchen. their Mutigrain bread recipe.I have been making bread for many years and this recipe with this product has been the best I have ever made
- Something changed!
- I've been eating this every morning for the last three or so years.Before that I ate the 10 grain for 4 years. Something changed in the last order I got, it wasn't chewy with thick, heavy grains. Now it's not much different than oats you buy in the store. Even my 8 yr. old daughter noticed a change. I'd like to know what Bob did with the old recipe. Please use the old recipe.
- Simply Delicious!
- Makes a great satisfying breakfast.Great nutritional value as well.I love the fact that you get a whole variety of grains in one cereal.It's the perfect hot cereal to start your day full of energy.
- Delicious Raw
- This cereal is delicious to eat "as is"--raw. No need to cook it if you like chewy cereals. I add chopped figs, raisons, and dried apricots or peaches, along with milk and raw brown sugar from India (jaggery). Makes a satisfying breakfast, or an equally good light supper.
- Best breakfast I have found.
- I love this cereal. I eat it almost every day for breakfast and sometimes for lunch as well. I cook a batch, usually enough for 5 meals and put in in serving size containers in the frige. This way I don't have to cook it evry day. Before heating I add a spoon full of protein powder, a spoon of splenda, either some raisins or dried cranberries and soy milk. I heat it in the microwave for 3 minutes,
- What an excellent ...
- What an excellent product! Great taste and very easy to make. Our kids even like it, amazing.
- The package just looked ...
- The package just looked good and cooked it was even better. I cannot remember eating oatmeal that tasted so good and hearty. I have been using instant and did like it. You have made me happy
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/3 cup (35g)
Servings Per Container: 12
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories120Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate24 g8 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %SugarsgN/AProtein5 g10 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium2 %Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Whole Grain Hard Red Wheat, Whole Grain Rye, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Triticale (wheat) and Flaxseed.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk