Grown in the tropics, the cassava or tapioca plant produces a fleshy edible root stock. A nutritious starch is extracted from cassava and formed into "pearls". Our Small Pearl Tapioca contains no sulfites or other additives. Tapioca pearls are practically flavorless on their own but soak up the flavor of what they are cooked or soaked in. They can be used in desserts and sweetened drinks, and as a thickener in puddings, pies and jellies.
Small Pearl Tapioca is most famous for its use in traditional old-fashioned tapioca pudding, an all-American favorite dessert. Try our delicious tapioca pudding recipe on the back of this package. For a variation, add fruit or chocolate. Cooked Tapioca Pearls are also used in boba tea or bubble tea, a popular Asian drink. For something different, try our Small Pearl Tapioca pearls in savory dishes like vegetable or cream-based soups and dumplings.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Pudding = HEAVEN!
- Seriously the best tapioca I have ever made.|It has thickness and consistency of store bought "tubs" of tapioca but this is WAY BETTER!! I also have two of the red boxes in the cupboard that I don't want to use now. |It is soooo worth the time soaking the tapioca, stirring until it boils, and waiting for the end product. Delicious Cold and Hot.|Best Comfort food.
- This is the ONLY tapioca to have. It is the really good old-fashioned creamy but elegant tapioca pudding you remember as a kid ... in a word: wonderful!!
- I tried this for the first time today. I've been looking for an alternative to the "red box" and was delighted with the results. While it takes a little longer to prepare it was worth it. Very flavorful.
- Best tapioca ever
- I love warm tapioca pudding. It was a staple when I was growing up and now, it's high on my list of comfort foods. The "red box" you get in the grocery has long been one of my pantry staples. Then I found Bob's tapioca. There is no comparison. Yes, it takes longer to make and, in a world where instant is too long, letting tapioca sit for 30 minutes before you start preparation can be a deterrent t
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (11g)
Servings Per Container: 61
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories40Calories from Fat0
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate10 g3 %Dietary Fiber0 g0 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein0 g0 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron0 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk