DetailsSavor the whole grain goodness of spelt, an ancient relative of durum wheat that originated in the Near East over 8,000 years ago. This heirloom grain later spread throughout Europe, becoming especially popular in Germany, where it was farmed throughout the Middle Ages. Our whole grain Organic Spelt Flour is freshly milled on cool and slow turning, century-old stone-buhr millstones. Spelt has a unique nutty flavor and, because of its high water solubility, its vital nutrients are quickly absorbed into the body.
Spelt has never been hybridized, so it has retained many of its original characteristics from antiquity, including complex flavor and whole-grain nutrition. Spelt is unusual because it can be more easily digested than other forms of wheat, and some people with wheat intolerances may be able to tolerate spelt; however, spelt is not gluten free. High in fiber and a good source of iron and manganese, our Organic Spelt Flour is incredibly nutritious.
Bob's Red Mill Stone Ground Organic Spelt Flour can be used in most recipes calling for wheat flour, especially yeast and quick breads. Spelt flour makes excellent pasta, cookies and other baked goods.
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Better than whole wheat flour
- BRM spelt flour makes great tasting, light pancakes and pizza crust without needing to be diluted with white flour.
- Absolutely the best tasting flour!
- Use in everything you would use flour - even chocolate chip cookies. Adds an extra dimension of flavor! I originally started using this because of my daughter's food allergies, and now I can't go back to regular wheat flour! It just doesn't taste very good to me after being spoiled on spelt.
- I love this flour!
- You can use this to replace wheat flour! It tastes great and is not overpowering!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30g)
Servings Per Container: 22
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories120Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium1 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate22 g7 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %SugarsgN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
organic whole grain spelt (wheat)
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk