DetailsOrganic Regular Old Fashioned Rolled Oats make a deliciously wholesome, chewy, hot cereal that provides lasting energy all morning. This favorite breakfast cereal is a great way to start your day and add fiber to your diet.
Oats have been cultivated for two thousand years in various regions throughout the world. Before being consumed as a food, oats were used for medicinal purposes, a use for which they are still honored. The growing of oats in Europe was widespread, and oats constituted an important commercial crop since they were a dietary staple for the people of many countries including Scotland, Great Britain, Germany and the Scandinavian countries. In the early 17th century, Scottish settlers brought oats to North America. Today, the largest commercial producers of oats include the Russian Federation, the United States, Germany, Poland and Finland.
Scores of studies have documented the many health benefits of oats. Eating oats helps lower LDL "bad" cholesterol and may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Oats help you feel fuller longer, which helps control your weight. Oatmeal and oats may help lower blood pressure. Oats may help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, since their soluble fiber helps control blood sugar. Oats are high in beta-glucans, a kind of starch that stimulates the immune system. Oats are higher in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains. They contain more soluble fiber than any other grain.
Ask the person next to you to name all the ways we can eat oats, and "as oatmeal porridge, for breakfast" – would be the likely answer, followed quickly by "oatmeal cookies, granola, and granola bars." But that's only the beginning. There are many ways you can cook with oats. They make a great crispy coating; they extend meatloaf and burgers, while enhancing their juiciness; or they can make a savory side dish. Browse our extensive selection of recipes using oats for inspiration.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Organic Old Fashion Rolled Oats is the best oatmeal I've ever tasted!!! I eat this cereal at least 4 times a week. My digestion system has improved as a result of eating this delicous cereal. I am thrilled I found this product. Keep up the good work!
- Hmmmmm! Gooood!
- Bob's Old Fashioned Rolled Oats are a life saver for me.||They are organic, tasty, and nutritious. My dog Charley gets his share of the porridge every day as well and he loves it too! He can hardly contain himself as he watches me make it.||I stir the the rich whole grains adding organic soy creamer and stevia leaf. The result cannot be beat for metabolic balance and a rich fully satisfying meal.
- Great Oats!
- I make a a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon everyday and I haven't gotten bored of it! The texture is just perfect... not too mushy not too hard.
- Best and Healthiest Option for Breakfast
- I knew the moment I made the first batch of this oatmeal I had found my perfect breakfast. Initially I made it with cinnamon and baked apples but now, I make it plain--no salt, no milk, just water, oatmeal, and egg whites to add tons of protein. Sure, it's not as tasty as "bacon and eggs" in the morning, but it will be my constant breakfast at least 6/7 days a week as it is so incredibly super hea
- Best Oatmeal. Period.
- I just picked some of this up the other day. I am an inveterate oatmeal in the morning person but wanted to find a brand that was entirely organic. I had been purchasing the Quaker Organic Instant and it just wasn't anything to write home about. It was tasteless and had small oats and I generally do not like instants but this was what was available. I was at the health food store looking for a
- Wouldn't Buy Any Other
- Thanks for such a wide selection of products in small packages AND for the details on the Internet. I threw away the packaging and all I had to do was go the Web and find what I needed.
- OMG! The BEST oatmeal ever!
- After years of searching for an oatmeal that had tolerable taste and didn't have the consistency of wallpaper paste, I can't say enough good things about this oatmeal. Easy to cook, SMELLS GREAT while cooking (like having oatmeal air freshener in your home), full of flavor, and has a great chewy texture, which holds up even when you add milk. We haven't tried the organic thick oats yet -- we're
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (48g)
Servings Per Container: 9
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat30
Total Fat3.5 g5 %Saturated Fat0.5 g3 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate32 g11 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein7 g14 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron15 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
organic whole grain oats
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk