Our Gluten Free Pancake Mix makes up quickly and produces perfect, very light and fluffy pancakes everyone will enjoy. Use any kind of milk-soy, rice, almond, or cow-that is suitable for your diet. Add blueberries or bananas for pure pleasure. Ingredients: potato starch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, corn flour, evaporated cane juice, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), baking soda, sea salt, xanthan gum.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 40 item(s)
- unexpectedly good
- This pancake mix is so good. My 5 year old is recently diagnosed gluten intolerant. I thought it was going to be a difficult transition but this pancake mix is really really good. My other two children and my husband, who are not gluten free, did not even realize that the pancakes were gluten free. No weird texture, no weird aftertaste, light, fluffy and delicious. I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla bu
- Pleasantly surprised
- I really enjoyed this product. I need to be carb conscious, and have been eating more gluten-free. I made the pancakes using 3/4 C of mix, with 1/4 C almond flour. they were great! Be careful, as they can burn easily.
- quality products
- We have been adding more and more GF products to our diet. My other half has wheat issues and our search for tasty alternatives led us to Bob's. I liked the pancakes however if you want big fluffy pancakes these are not for you. It is closer in texture to buckwheat pancakes. I like this mix. We did try mixing whipped egg whites into the batter (something we do with the gluten varieties too) and it lightened the pancake up a bit. I do like to add a pinch of salt to the batter also. With most any pre-mixes (ANY Brand) we always test it then adjust to OUR tastes. I give this mix two thumbs up.
- Surprisingly good!
- I tried this mix for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised, eventually. The first two pancakes following the recipe on the package were too thick for my taste and a bit bland, but more liquid and a pinch of salt made a big difference. We ate them with blueberry sauce for breakfast, but even a leftover one eaten plain was actually quite tasty reheated and eaten with lentil soup like bread. I tend to prefer the mixes like this that don't have bean flours, as they seem to have a strange aftertaste, but I think this would satisfy my non-gluten-free friends, too! I look forward to more experiments!
- Best gluten free pancakes.
- We went to disney and I asked the chef what they use and he told me. I came home and purchased some. We were using it so quick. I just ordered 3- 25 lbs. bags. I am the only one who needs to eat gluten free and my whole family loves these. They can be thick and I just add a little more almond milk.
- Great Introduction to GF foods
I was only recently diagnosed and have been holding off on buying gluten free baking products, but I have been craving waffles and knew that if I didn't find a gf option I would crack and eat something that I would regret.
I purchased the pancake mix and made waffles with them today and they were great! I added a bit of sugar and vanilla and honestly, I didn't pick up on any after taste or issues. The flavour and texture was great and I think even my daughters will eat them.
I am looking forward to trying the other products in this line!
- Awesome. Try this!
- I have never made pancakes before. I used just under a cup of flour, added 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce and used almond milk. I got 5 amazing pancakes that were fluffy and delicious!||For extra flavour add pumpkin spice, honey, banana, blueberries or almond buttter after or while making them. I even added spinach to one of them! (amazing)
- I have fixed these twice. The first time I followed the quantities exactly and found them to be too thick. The second time I fixed them with 1/4 cup less mix and they were perfect. I have been making gluten pancakes from scratch and I snuck this mix into the household and no one could tell they were GF. Good job, guys!
- Excellent Product
- I love this pancake mix. Trying to cut out wheat products as much as possible. I added Vanilla Almond Milk and for the oil I added Coconut. I like mine a little thinner so add closer to 1 cup of milk. These fluff up nice, I cook them in a cast iron skillet, put blueberries on top just wonderful. Also I'm not as hungry thoughout the morning.. very good Thanks
- These are the best gf pancakes I've tried so far, much better than bisquick! So easy if you make in the blender, as suggested. Also, can be made with melted butter or buttermilk if you think they need more flavor (I think they taste great as is, but I've found butter makes most gf mixes better).
- This product is an awesome tasting product and even better when you add some fresh ground cimmamon and blueberries or diced apple. Yummy! I also find that it really helps regulate my system, believe it or not :-)
- Simply amazing!
- Just started a gluten-free diet and had cravings for pancakes. Remembered my mother-in-law raving about the Bob's Red Mill products, she was absolutely right. I missed absolutely nothing between my traditional pancakes and the gluten-free ones I made with the Red Mill pancake mix. I actually like the taste and texture of the GF ones better!
- Simply Delicious
- Love this product. I use coconut oil and vanilla almond milk and the pancakes come out supurb! Add Organic grade A maple syrup and you have a WINNER!
- excellent pancakes!
- My little girl loved this! She is very fussy about gluten free foods and I have wasted a lot of money trying to find something that works for her favorite dishes. These pancakes do not have an after taste like most gluten free products whatsoever, tastes just like a pancake should, if not better.
- Absolutely wonderful!
The best pancakes I've made in YEARS! Absolutely delicious! They reminded me of fantastic pancakes made from a really complicated recipe (separately beat egg whites to stiff peaks, fold in and refrigerate the batter overnight). This stuff makes even better pancakes, without all the trouble. I'm sooo pleased!
The recipe on the bag doesn't call for nearly enough milk for the amount of mix called for.
My recipe was:
1.5 cups BRM GF Pancake mix
1 cup whole cows milk (or more to get desired consistency)
3 heaping Tbsp ricotta cheese
3 Tbsp powdered buttermilk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon to taste
1 Tbsp melted butter
I'm just learning to eliminate wheat from my diet and pancakes are a twice monthly treat, that I wasn't sure I could live without. I had low expectations for this mix, but wanted to try it -- I was absolutely thilled with the results. Even if I wasn't trying to be gluten-free, I would use this mix.
- So happy to taste pancakes again!!
- I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this gluten free version almost as much as the pancakes I was able to have before discovering I had a gluten sensitivity. They even made wonderful waffles. Fluffy and flavorful and kid approved as well!!
- breakfast lunch or dinner:)
- I really like this mix though I find that it's a bit better if you make it the day before and let it set for a bit, makes for a fluffier pancake:)
- Very Versatile
- Very easy to adapt to a crepe recipie as well as pancakes. To make it even more fluffy sperate the yolk of two eggs, put the yolks in the mix, and then beat the white to a peak and fold in to the beaten mix. Accepts all kinds of fruit also.
- Good Mix
- My husband recently found that he must go on a Gluten Free diet. I am searching for substitutes for our old standards. I used to make Buckwheat pancakes but couldn't find gluten free so I tried Bob's. I don't use any eggs and cook them on my grandmother's griddle so they are more like crepes but they came out great. Maybe I will follow the directions and try them with eggs too!
- Love this mix!
- This is a great pancake mix! When made with the listed ingredients, the batter is a little too runny for my taste. I add 1/8-1/4 cup gf cornmeal if I am making blueberry pancakes. Or I made banana pancakes with pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg and the banana makes it thicker. The flavor of this mix is great, everyone in my family loves it!
- One Caveat
- My only complaint about this pancake mix from my favorite product line is the excessive amount of salt. Is it really necessary? From the first bite, I could taste the salt and when I examined the packaging, my suspicions were confirmed. I use minimal salt in cooking and could tell right away that the mix had a high sodium content. Not good for me.
- Even though no one at my house is gluten-intolerant, this is by far the best pancake mix I have ever tried. I made crepes, and they were just about perfect--light, tender, crispy. I am making myself hungry just thinking about it. The only negative I can think of is I wish Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix came in a bigger bag.
- These pancakes were soooooo good! I've been overwhelmed by trying to eat gluten, dairy, and soy free (due to intolerance) lately. However, I made these pancakes with rice milk and put applesauce and peaches on top, and it made me feel a lot more hopeful because it was a delicious, satisfying meal and didn't feel like it was lacking anything.
- Great for multiple food allergies!
After reading others' reviews in regards to texture, I still wasn't a believer. It wasn't until I tasted these that I amazed that the texture was really so smooth and fluffy! Not any of the usual grit that comes with GF goods.
My toddler has multiple food allergies and these cook up great with Ener-G egg replacer. I also used coconut milk and added about half a can of pumpkin puree and some cin
- This was fairly good. I was concerned that the amount made would not be enough to fill up on, but there were some left over. Very filling, taste like normal pancakes, however I did get a stomach ache, but it may have been because I'm just switching over to GF.
- Fluffy and delicious!
- I used this product as intended, for pancakes. I'm often leary about GF pancake mixes because others I have tried are very grainy - but not Bob's Red Mill! I was pleasantly surprised to see the pancakes "puff up" / rise just like regular pancakes do, but the best part is the taste. They are not grainy, and the flavor is such a good blend of the GF flours that nothing stands out as overbearing.
- mmmmmmmmm Pancakes
- Made these for myself, hubby, sister and granny....everyone loves them...they come out super thick and seriously I cannot finish 2 in one sitting. If anyone knows how to make them thinner without messing up the texture and taste please let me know. Added Agave as syrup and heated fresh blue berries on the stove for topping...yummmmmm.
- These were really easy and quick to make. Perfect for my allergy child. I used coconut milk since he is allergic to dairy and soy and for his egg allergy I used a mashed ripe banana instead of the egg. These were really yummy and taste like the real thing!
- Better then any other pancakes!
- This Pancake mix is so good the non-gf people were asking for more of mine!
- Loved it!
- I just recently cut out all gluten...not because I am necessarily gluten intolerant but more because I don't believe we should be eating so much wheat and it makes me feel yucky when I eat it. I was SO happy to find pancake mix since it made me sad when I made my 3 boys pancakes and couldn't have any (I use whole grain for them). I was shocked at how similar this tasted to the Trader Joes brand
- Your pancake mix has been ...
- Your pancake mix has been a God-send, as my 8-y-o son craves pancakes and will eat as many as I put in front of him! I also use the pancakes for sandwich bread and as buns for hot dogs & hamburgers. My only complaint is that I can't make them fast enough to keep up with my family's demands! Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing GF products!
- My 2 yr old son always ...
- My 2 yr old son always wants to grab everyone's regular pancakes and cries because he is gluten free. I tried these pancakes and he absolutely loved them. He is a very, very picky eater, but gobbled these right up. I also am gluten free and loved them as well. They are better than the regular pancakes as far as I'm concerned. Thank you so much.
- I've been on a ...
- I've been on a gluten-free diet for a whole week now. For the past few years, I had been been experiencing digestive problems and stomach pain/bloating, and have not been able to control it - even with medical help. I started this diet, and to my surprise, everything has been improving. I was eager to try your gluten free pancake mix, as I thought I would never be able to eat pancakes again (nearl
- My husband recently ...
- My husband recently started a gluten-free diet. I made these pancakes and we both loved them. Sometimes I find myself eating gluten-free just because it tastes good.
- Outstanding product! All ...
- Outstanding product! All your GF mixes are getting rave reviews in my neighborhood of GF friends. You guys are going to make a fortune producing such an outstanding quality product. Pancake mix makes great waffles. Unbelievable!
- Our 4 year old little boy ...
- Our 4 year old little boy has celiac disease and is a fussy eater but loves pancakes made with your mix! Thank you!!!
- This is the best GF ...
- This is the best GF pancake mis we have ever used. My husband found out 6 months ago he was allergic to gluten & boy has my shopping needs changed. We tell ppl he's gluten free & they say "I don't eat that stuff so I wouldn't kno!" I say hahaha yes you do, but try these you might like them. Which they always do & are amazed to kno they're gluten free! Thanks
- I make them in my blender ...
- I make them in my blender and add in one banana per serving. It makes the mix a little thicker and gives it an amazing taste. My whole family and I love your pancake mix.
- This pancake mix is so ...
- This pancake mix is so great! It's wonderful plain, with bananas or blueberries, and maple syrup, yum! Also, it is so simple to whip up a batch with chocolate chips - fills that cookies craving faster and easier than baking. In fact, that may be responsible for reversing all the weight I lost when I first when GF... These are the best!
- I honestly think I would ...
- I honestly think I would rather eat these gluten-free pancakes over any wheat varieties. These are amazing! I couldn't help but audibly say "mmmmmm!" in between every bite. Thanks, Bob's Red Mill.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 four inch pancakes (42g mix)
Servings Per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories140Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium650 mg27 %Total Carbohydrate32 g11 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %Sugars3 gN/AProtein1 g2 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
potato starch, whole grain sweet white sorghum flour, tapioca flour, whole grain corn flour, cane sugar, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), baking soda, sea salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent), xanthan gum.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy