Our dense and powdery cornstarch comes right from the endosperm of the corn kernel. Cornstarch is a terrific ingredient for thickening puddings, pie fillings, sauces, soups and stews. It's also widely used in many cake and cookie recipes to produce finely textured baked goods. Cornstarch is often included in shortbread recipes, where it helps contribute a crumbly and tender texture in the finished product. See the back of our package for more tips for use, and for three scrumptious recipes using our Cornstarch—Quick & Easy Gravy, Classic White Sauce, and Lemon Meringue Pie. Cornstarch is naturally gluten-free, and like all our products labeled Gluten Free, our cornstarch has been produced and packaged in our 100% gluten free facility and batch tested to ensure its purity.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Non-GMO, great!!
- It is GMO-FREE, I just called and talked to the company, they only buy non-GMO corn she said, but to list it you need to be a GMO club member which is something they have in the works. Thanks Bob's Red Mill!
- GMO free!!!
- According to a blogger who called the company personally, all of their products are GMO free. Yay!!!
- Is it non GMO?
- I love Bob's Red Mill products and have about 15 packages sitting in my pantry. But when it comes to corn products, I really need to know if they are GMO or not. I will recommend it as soon I know it is non-GMO.
- not enough information on the product.
- I use many of Bob's flours and starches. My breads and cakes are great. However, it would be preferred that more information is included on your packaging about your products as a whole. There are foods that I prefer to use only 95% of the time - dairy, eggs, and gluten. But, soy and corn are the most genetically modified foods and I try not to use them at all. It would be great if you stated that
- Oh My Goodness!
- How can I possibly begin to describe this delux mix of corn endosperm! It is delicious and form fitting. I love to make Sweet and Sour Chicken, mix it in with some bar-b-q sauces, and i know your not supposed to do it, but sometimes I eat it with a spoon! I would love to type more, but I gotta do eat some RIGHT NOW! Thanks Bob!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp(8g)
Servings Per Container: 77
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories30Calories from Fat0
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate7 g2 %Dietary Fiber0 g0 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein0 g0 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron0 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy