Baking Soda is plain bicarbonate of soda, a top quality leavening agent, used in combination with acidic ingredients for baking. Our pure baking soda is made from the deposits of mineralized sodium bicarbonate. It is extracted by a simple water process that uses no chemicals. And like all of our gluten free products, it is produced in our 100% gluten free facility and subject to ELISA batch testing to ensure its purity.
When using baking soda in combination with acidic ingredients, such as buttermilk, molasses, cocoa or yogurt, it releases carbon dioxide that causes the batter or dough to rise. It's also a great household cleanser and odor absorber. See the back of our package for some great tips for using our baking soda for kitchen deodorizing and even brushing your teeth! Our package also features a terrific recipe for Buttermilk Biscuits.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Environmentally Friendly Product: Super!
- Baking soda is essential for cookies to plump up. This one definitely does the job! But, for us here at Woobie's Cookies [@] we also insist that our ingredients are organic. How can a baking soda be organic?... you might ask. Well, it's can't technically. Sodium Bicarbonate is an inorganic substance. BUT the wonderful folks at Bob's Red Mill sent us their spec sheet for their stuff. It explains how they gather the mineral from Nature. No, it's not processed. No, they don't destroy the land to get it. In other words, if baking soda were an organic substance, Bob's method of extraction meets the USDA's requirements for organic harvesting and environmental considerations. So, when we apply for our Certified Organic stamp on our super cookies, we'll have Bob's Red Mill to thank for helping us get there!
- The best deodorant!!!
- I wanted to stay away from aluminum deodorants, went to crystal-type deodorant which did ok sometimes. I heard that bs can help w/underarm odor, and I found that Bob's was aluminum-free, so I gave it a go. I sprinkled some in my palm, added a few drops of water, and applied. Immediately, no odor! It lasted all day, and the next (I don't know how since I shower every day?)!!! And the cost of the soda beats deodorant and any crystal-type out there. Best deodorant I've ever used!!!
- A Wonderul Product!
- This is an excellent product! Easy and guilt free to use, this is definitely the baker's dream!
- Red Mill Baking Soda
- I add five-1/4 teaspoons to 1.5 liters of water and drink it during the day. Baking Soda is very alkaline & ingesting alkaline foods is very healthy. Sickness cannot exist in an alkaline body. Sickness manifests only in acidic bodies. Keep you body alkaline and you won't get sick. Baking Soda can help in this regard. And the reason I buy Bob's baking soda is becuz I hear it's aluminum free, unlike some others (aluminum's not good for you).
- Bob's doesn't do animal testing!
- I use baking soda for cleaning and deoderizing everything, as well as for baking. When I discovered the largest producer, Arm & Hammer, continues with animal testing (the draize test), I vowed to never buy their products again. I buy many Bob's products, always satisfied, and now the baking soda! Thanks so much!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 tsp(1g)
Servings Per Container: 453
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories0Calories from Fat0
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium270 mg11 %Total Carbohydrate0 g0 %Dietary Fiber0 g0 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein0 g0 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron0 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy