DetailsOrganic Thick Rolled Oats (and we mean nice and extra thick!) are uniquely "kiln toasted" and freshly milled from the highest quality oats. These extra chewy oats produce extremely satisfying robust European-style cereal and yeast breads.
The modern oat draws its ancestry from the wild red oat, a plant originating in Asia. Oats have been cultivated for two thousand years in various regions throughout the world. Before being consumed as a food, oats were used for medicinal purposes, a use for which they are still honored. The growing of oats in Europe was widespread, and oats constituted an important commercial crop since they were a dietary staple for the people of many countries including Scotland, Great Britain, Germany and the Scandinavian countries. In the early 17th century, Scottish settlers brought oats to North America. Today, the largest commercial producers of oats include the Russian Federation, the United States, Germany, Poland and Finland.
Scores of studies have documented the many health benefits of oats. Eating oats helps lower LDL "bad" cholesterol and may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Oats help you feel fuller longer, which helps control your weight. Oatmeal and oats may help lower blood pressure. Oats may help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, since their soluble fiber helps control blood sugar. Oats are high in beta-glucans, a kind of starch that stimulates the immune system. Oats are higher in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains. They contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. Oats contain more than 20 unique polyphenols called avenanthramides, which have strong anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-itching activity. They also have the best amino acid balance of all the cereal grains.
Ask the person next to you to name all the ways we can eat oats, and "as oatmeal porridge, for breakfast" – would be the likely answer, followed quickly by "oatmeal cookies, granola, and granola bars." But that's only the beginning. There are many ways you can cook with oats. They make a great crispy coating; they extend meatloaf and burgers, while enhancing their juiciness; or they can make a savory side dish.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 12 item(s)
- Great texture and flavor!
The Extra Thick Rolled Oats are fantastic! I discovered them at the store when I wasn't even looking for oats. There is nothing worse than a bowl of gluey oats, so when I saw "Extra Thick" on the label, I thought I'd give them a try. Boy, am I glad I did. I eat oats almost every day and these are just the best. Great texture and flavor!
- Yoghurt's best friend
These are hands-down the best oats for baking. I love them cooked, as well, but these thicker oats truly elevate my made-from-scratch granola to a new level.
- Great tasting, creamiest healthiest oats EVER!
Best tasting , creamiest oats ever, not to mention Healthy, good for you, I confess I found them by accident when ill, looking for healthy oatmeal that did not come in a little bag , then add water, something not so processed, Thank Goodness I did, I eat them to start every day, and sometimes dinner, you an add slices fresh apples during cooking, raisns, the possiabilties are endless, blueberries, whatever is fresh in season. Thank these are the BEST and got me thru a time when I could not stomach anything due to medication, but I am hooked now, even well !
- Love these oats
- I use these oats to make granola bars and they work wonderful. Whole, thick and not crumbly like other compnaies oats were getting. Better flavor. Even mix them in raw to my yogurt with chocolate bits and its wondeful. Don't have a single complant about them. And the sales representative on the phone what very nice and friendly and helpful. Thank you for a good/exellent product.
- Love these oats!
- I'm in love with these thicker oats! They're a hearty start to my day and the extra chew that the thickness of the oat brings is a nice change. I find it to be completely satisfying. I can't wait to try this out in my oatmeal cookies. :)
- The Best!
- If you dislike oatmeal because it is mushy, try these.
- Yum! Breakfast 360 days a year.
- I order this in 25 pound bags and eat it every morning. I even travel with it and miss it on very rare occasions when I make pancakes or eat breakfast out. My husband started eating it, too, at least 4-5 times a week. Nothing better than a chewy, hot bowl to start the day! A healthy, economical meal that tastes great, fills us up, and is easy to prepare. Great in baked goods as well.
- Great oats with just one problem
- As others have said these are some fantastic oats. We order it in the 25lb bag and it lasts us 5 months or so. They are thick and hardy, have great taste, and we love them.|Our only problem came with our last order. We found popcorn mixed in the bag. There was about 1-2 popcorn seeds per cup of oats. We did not notice this unill we were using the bottom half of the bag. I beleave this is because t
- Absolutely delicious!
- I cannot imagine oatmeal tasting any better than this.
- These really are tasty. We keep reordering them because they are the best. They have just the right amount of "tooth"-no mushiness and taste fresh and sweet.
- A breakfast you can sink your teeth into
When we decided to eat oatmeal for breakfast most days, we tried several kinds and brands. Soon narrowed the field to Bob's Red Mill organic oats, then narrowed it down to a clear winner: Bob's Red Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats. When it comes to oatmeal (especially when you're eating it nearly every day), texture is even more important than flavor. These oats have both superior texture and flavor
- I like all your products ...
I like all your products thank you
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (48g)
Servings Per Container: 9
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat30
Total Fat3.5 g5 %Saturated Fat0.5 g3 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate32 g11 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein7 g14 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron15 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
organic whole grain oats
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk