DetailsBob's Red Mill Dark Rye Flour is 100% stone ground from premium organic U.S. #1 dark, plump rye berries. It contains all the health-giving nutrients of the germ, bran and endosperm. The deep, hearty and distinctive flavor of rye has made it popular throughout history and it remains a staple in Eastern European countries and Scandinavia, where it can withstand the cold weather conditions better than other grains.
Rye is rich in dietary fiber and iron. It is also a nutritious source of antioxidants and nutrients including selenium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, zinc and protein.
Add rye flour to your baked goods for its delicious and unmistakable flavor. Our Dark Rye Flour makes an outstanding, hearty, robust peasant-style bread. Rye flour can be used for many other kinds of foods as well. Get your creative side on and give it a try in pancakes, waffles, cookies, pie crust, crackers, muffins, stollen, cakes and even pizza crust!
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- I would buy this product again and again
- I used Bob's Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour to make sourdough deli rye bread with caraway seeds. It was very tasty and full of rye flavor unlike light and medium rye flours. I started making the bread with a sourdough starter in my Zojirushi bread machine adding Bob's Red Mill Artisan Bread flour and Bob's Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour, and other ingredients. I set the machine on basic dough cy
- Amazing dark rye breads!
- This is my favorite flour for making my favorite dark breads of northern and eastern Europe, especially Bernard's vort limpa. Dark, molassesy goodness, with just a touch of sweet, and a dense, soft crumb that just begs to soak up hearty winter stews.
- Best Rye Flour
- This is my favorite rye flour. Bob's Red Mill Organic Rye is WONDERFUL! I just used it for the first time to make a loaf of yeasted rye bread (almost half rye flour / half bread flour). Am very pleased with the results.||Previously, I'd tried another mill's rye - but found that other brand wasn't smoothly milled - the other had large coarse bits which I found unpalatable. ||Bob's Red Mill Organic
- I use it all the time to make sourdough dark rye bread. As I do not use any yeast or any other flour, it is important to have good quality and perfectly ground rye. Only ingredients I use are sourdough bread starter, water, rye flour, caraway seeds, coriander and salt (optional). I can say from my experience that it is the best rye flour on the market.
- Makes excellent limpa.
- Makes excellent Swedish rye bread.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30g)
Servings Per Container: 20
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories110Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate21 g7 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron10 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
organic whole grain rye berries
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk