Organic Creamy Buckwheat Cereal is milled from premium quality organic buckwheat. The robust buckwheat flavor is a cereal lover's delight, making this cereal one of our most popular gluten free cereals.
Buckwheat is one of the best sources of protein in the plant kingdom. Buckwheat is not related to wheat—in fact, it's not even technically a grain, though it is treated like a cereal crop. Buckwheat is actually the seed of a plant related to rhubarb. The outer husk is pulled away and the inner seed is eaten. Buckwheat is very nutritious, making it popular in many nations across the globe. It is easy to digest and provides complete protein.
For a delicious hot cereal, bring 3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Add 1 cup cereal, turn heat down, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Makes 2-1/2 cups. Serve with honey and brown sugar and milk. Add dried fruits and nuts to boost your breakfast or be adventurous and add a swirl of peanut butter and a handful of chocolate chips. Find more fun ways to top your cereal at bobsredmill.com/oatmeal.
While primarily used as a hot cereal, our Organic Creamy Buckwheat can also be used in a wide variety of culinary applications! Give our recipe for Seeded Buckwheat Snack Cake a try — it's printed right on the package.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 14 item(s)
- Very satisfying fill-you-up cereal
- In order to increase the protein and fiber (& keep me full for hours), I have increased the portion size to 1/3 cup. I have also increased the water to 4 times the amount, rather than 3. So I use 1 1/3 c. of water, add a tiny pinch of salt and microwave for 3 min. Then I add 1 T. of 1% milk or Almond milk, 1/4 c. of broken up pecans, a LOT of cinnamon & stevia to sweeten it up. It comes out rat
- Good texture, easy to cook
- I use this for a quick breakfast,lunch or snack, with fruit and soymilk. It's filling and has a high protein and fiber content. Also has a plesant mouth feel, like a rice or tapioca pudding. I sometimes make a batch and eat it chilled with fruit and/or nuts as a hot weather snack - kind of like ice cream without the sugar and fat:).
- So delicious!
- I LOVE this cereal! I make it in the microwave with the suggested amount of water. It comes out really thick, and then I mix in soymilk until it's more of a "cereal" consistency. I like to add a spoonful of maple syrup or brown sugar, or some dried fruit, and then it tastes like a treat! The buckwheat flavor is really nice, and I agree that the texture is a little like tapioca pudding. If you like
- I LOVE this cereal!
- I started eating this cereal last month, and I LOVE it! I am on a gluten free, candida diet, and this cereal is perfect for me. It cooks well in the microwave. I add a few drops of stevia, and eat it with milk. At first the texture surprised me, but now I LOVE it! It reminds me of tapioca pudding.
- Blend with corn grits
- As a straight cereal prepared with water, I thought this had a funny mouth feel. I blended with corn grits (about 2:1 buckwheat to grits) and found that combination to be quite excellent!
- So yummy!!
- I love this cereal with currents. It is such a great GF option. Perfect because you know exactly whats in it. My husband who is not GF loves it just as much as I do! It's really good in the microwave too. Not a hassle to cook at all.
- Excellent breakfast or anytime meal!
- I cook this on the stove, but instead of water, I use milk. I add 2 tsp vanilla and sprinkle liberally with nutmeg while cooking. yum! makes it taste like vanilla pudding!|I found Bob's Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat when I was on Weight Watchers. WW recommends eating healthy grains and the Creamy Buckwheat fell right into WW recommendations and my "points"!|So glad Bob's Red Mill is close to my hom
- we frequently purchased ...
- we frequently purchased this product when it was produced Gluten Free. It was a daily breakfast item. Very upset that it is no longer produced Gluten Free.
- This was a breakfast ...
- This was a breakfast staple in our GF diet. Our family is also extremely disappointed in the change.
- Extremely disappointed in ...
- Extremely disappointed in the change. It was a breakfast item most days.
- We are so distraught that ...
- We are so distraught that our favorite hot breakfast cereal is no longer gluten free. It was tasty, nutritious, quickly made in the microwave, and far preferred over any other gf hot cereal on the market. We sincerely hope that Bob's reconsiders this most unfortunate decision!
- VERY disappointed that ...
- VERY disappointed that this is no longer GF! This used to be a staple for breakfast, and often for other meals as well...used to buy it very frequently....
- I would echo many of ...
- I would echo many of these comments! I just received a shipment (4 pack)...
- I'm also disappointed ...
- I'm also disappointed that this is no longer a gluten-free product.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (41g)
Servings Per Container: 12
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories140Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate33 g11 %Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron2 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain buckwheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy