DetailsGluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix makes cookies that are free from gluten, yet full of scrumptious flavor! Made from the finest wholesome ingredients, these cookies are soft on the inside with a delicate crispiness outside, and so easy to prepare. Ingredients: brown sugar, evaporated cane juice, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, semi-sweet chocolate chips (sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), tapioca starch, whole grain white sorghum flour, fava bean flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, sea salt, natural vanilla powder (sugar, corn starch, vanilla extract).
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 38 item(s)
- Tried these for the first time today. Substituted butter with just over a 1/2 cup of ripe banana. Was worried because the dough was very sticky. But they turned out to be delicious! Even my picky husband agrees! Can't wait to share these with friends and family.
- Amazing, crunchy and sweet
- Great mix to use for gluten free diets. Instead of butter, I use coconut oil and a quarter cup of almond breeze coconut/almond milk. Chewy center, crunchy bottom, and great straight from the freezer. (The mix makes a lot of cookies, probably shouldn't eat all at once).
- These cookies are sooo good! I buy as many bags as I can when Ican find them or when they are not sold out. Chewy with just enough crunch. Great flavor and I feel like I am eating healthier since the ingredients are all natural. Be careful though...they can be addictive. I always add more chips. That is the onky con...not enough chocolate chips, but I know they are trying to keep it healthier by not adding so many chips.
- ...the more you eat, the more you toot.
- A nice alternative to choc chip cookies, but the taste is not the same. I too added 1 tsp vanilla and a hand full of additional chocolate chips. As another reviewer stated, the chickpea flour really makes you gassy. Two cookies was tooooo much for my tummy to handle. :(
- Tasty, but gassy
- I looove the taste and texture of these cookies. The only thing is that one of the flours used, is chickpea flour. I love chickpeas and chickpea flour, but unless the chickpeas (or other legumes) are sprouted first, it is a guarantee that they will cause gas :( Which is too bad because I otherwise think these cookies are the best thing ever.
- Enjoy, even if not needing gluten free!
I am trying as many Bob's Red Mill products as possible.
I was impressed by how satisfying they were considering I followed the recipe (normally I adlib like crazy..ok, I did add an extra egg).
I also cooked the cookies for 12 minutes instead of 15 but I was using a tsp sized melon baller and made 30 cookies.
I do not need gluten free products but read all the positive reviews and I wanted to try them. They are delicious! They taste healthier than normal cookies made with the regular recipe but one could argue they are even better. I will buy the mix again, make 1/2 (use one egg each time) of it at a time and try adding things to it (vanilla, cinnamin, mint chips, etc).
- Great Cookies
- Love these cookies. I like them even better when I replace the butter with coconut oil. Yum!
- Great Product!
- Great Product and tastes great too! I am not a cook or baker in any way as this product was easy to make and bake. Keep up the great work!
- Highly Tasty! The GF Factor A Plus
We've gone GF for weight control and limiting our sugar. So finding a good snack was difficult. Add in that some bean flours are less than tasty.
Leave it to BRM to come up with a SUPERB recipe! There is NO bean flour flavor at all - the cookie is crispy soft as most brown sugar recipes are. If I was to improve it, it would be to have two full recipes per bag. (Hard to make a half recipe when it needs one egg...)
You will love these and not even notice that they are GF! As the others, I added some chopped chocolate to the mix just because I could.
- Great Cookies
- We have missed cookies since going GF over a year ago. Nothing store bought was ever good. These cookies are as good as what I remember from non GF Cookies! They are so chewy and crispy on the edges too! We add more chocolate chips as well as walnuts. All of my non GF friends like them as well.|These cookies bring comfort food back to my life!
- I would make these cookies again!
- The batter, as is most gluten free batters, was sticky so it got stuck up into my mixer blades. That makes it difficult toward the end - messy & lots of cleaning. Anyway, I added extra chocolate chips and very glad I did! The mix itself needs more chips. But I also misjudged size, and made them a little too large. Ended up with 20 cookies instead of 24, and had to bake them 5 min. longer.
- Vegan Version, Perfected!
Okay, so I made these cookies earlier in the week and wrote a review. I decided to make these cookies again to impress my 'non-vegan' family members, but with a few changes. Overall with the changes, these are STELLAR cookies. Seriously, absolutely delicious. Below is my altered vegan recipe.
1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed, + 3 Tbsp water (let sit for few minutes)
2 Tbsp water
1 and 1/4 tsp vanilla
I followed the recipe exactly, mixing with an electric mixer this time. The cookies baked for 14-15 minutes, rotating the pan after 7 minutes.
- Vegan Version
I am vegan, so finding a cookie mix that was dairy-free and gluten-free was very exciting! After reading some reviews, I decided to change the recipe a bit. I used 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan 'butter', 1 Tbsp ground flax + 3Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp water, and 1 tsp vanilla. The cookies baked for 15 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
Overall, these cookies are delicious. They aren't overly sweet, and the texture and taste reminded me a bit of an oatmeal cookie (I mixed these by hand, which I believe to be the reason for the resemblance). The cookies are moist and chewy, and I am very satisfied with the results. Next time, I will probably add more chocolate chips, or maybe a little agave nectar for a sweeter cookie!
- Very good BUT added one thing:
- Surprisingly very good cookies. Made half according to pkg directions, but to the other half, added 1/2 tsp of good organic vanilla. The ones w/o vanilla are good, but the ones with added vanilla are fantastic. Makes a world of difference! Good product but a bit spendy.
- I am new to being gluten-free, and my family is adjusting right along with me. I worried that I would either have to wear gloves and hold my breath when I baked for them, or that they would just hate everything I baked from now on!!! BUT, the Bob's mixes, this one in particular, make my family happy and keep me healthy. Everyone wins! I did cook these 2-3 minutes less than the suggested 15 and
- The Best!
- These are my favorite GF chocolate chip cookies! I've tasted many a cookie, but all had disappointing results-except for these! They are unusual when you first try them, but then you realize they are completely unique and you are totally addicted to them! The only GF chocolate chip cookies I will buy.
- Great cookies.
What a great product. Easy to make and bake and oh what a great taste. This was my first time eating anything Gluten Free. I'm sold.
- I love Chocolate Chipp mix
- Im sooo glad Bob makes a great mix! If it's gluten free it's for me!
- My husband picked this up at the store and made them all by himself (he wanted cookies). I couldn't believe the way they looked after they had been baked: like store-bought, processed cookies because they just looked too perfectly golden brown with just a hint of cracking on the surface. Then when I tasted them, they actually taste better than when I spend an hour making chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I can find no flaws with this mix. And we love that although they are gluten free, they taste better than cookies containing gluten. These will be a new favorite snack in our household and I could see making them for extended family get-togethers as well.
- Freeze Well
- They're great cookies and they freeze well, which is a plus......mix,bake,cool,freeze and pull out the ones you need when you need them:)
- These cookies are THE best...bar none!!!
- As are most gluten-free mixes, this cookie mix is not easy to mix, but following the recipe to the letter, makes a perfect cookie every time. I shorten the cooking time by about 2 minutes, otherwise, they're a little hard...but then, that might be because of my particular oven.
- These cookies Rock!
- I've made these a few times and found they most taste like "Tollhouse" is one uses an extra large egg, coconut oil instead of butter, margarine or substitute, and add 1 tsp Mexican vanilla. I also add 1/2 bag milk/dairy free chocolate chunks.||For those that like raw dough (I do!), garbanzo bean flour does not make for the tastiest dough but the baked cookies themselves are really good!
- Great BUT....
- The cookies are great! However, I am not sure they are gluten-free. I had a terrible reaction from eating them. Maybe it is the casein in the chocolate? If you have many different allergies, you may want to stay away from them. Otherwise, they taste great. Moist, chewy and not too sweet.
- Thank Goodness!
- This is the best gluten free cookie I have ever tried! The entire family loved them. It's even better than "regular" premixed cookie products.Looking forward to trying the brownie mix :)
- Tasty, but ...
- I find these cookies very tasty, especially when warm, but I found I was having a problem with them. I initially thought I was having a celiac reaction, but my husband, who is not a celiac, was having the same problem after eating them. I now believe it is from the bean flour used in the mix. I often have trouble digesting beans, so will just avoid mixes with bean flour in the future.
- These cookies are the best! I have a hard time digesting sweets and this was perfectly easy on my tummy. Thanks for your great products.
- A Great Cookie
- I don't usually use mixes, but Bob's sent me an assortment and I'm enjoying them. I had my doubts about this cookie when I was mixing the dough--smelled very strange, probably because of the bean flour. I resisted the urge to experiment and made them exactly as directed. They were wonderful! My husband tried one and exclaimed "This is a GREAT cookie!"
- grrrrrrreat gluten-free GOODNESS! :)
- This was a grrrrreat cookie! In agreement with some of the other comments that I was a bit hesitant with the batter consistency and smell (extremely dry and bean-odour). However, the baked goods were fabulous! I tried the recipe separately with canola oil and then with butter and both worked.
- Tasty! But...
- These were awesome, somewhat odd when being prepared but the final product was excellent, very edible.||That said, I have celiacs (gluten intollerance) as well as a mild allergy to gluten and these cookies were not GF. I had an allergic reaction shortly after eating the second cookie and spent the week following dealing with the resulting GI troubles that I only get from eating gluten. I am exce
- Awesome cookies!
- I bought this mix thinking that I was possibly wasting my money on another mix that tastes like cardboard, or worse no taste at all! OH MY, was I surprised! This is probably the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had! Having to eat gluten free isn't always enjoyable, especially when family and friends offer their special treats while saying "one won't hurt" when we know it sure will.
These cookies are spectacular. Take them to any event, and nobody will know they are gluten free...
I'm truly impressed.
- Different, but tasty.
- The chocolate chips are less than fantastic, and they have the overall taste of a peanut butter cookie. They were very easy to make, and I think I will try them again and add my own chocolate chips to offset the small ones that come in the mix. Would be awesome if you like peanut butter.
- Makes great muffins
- I added an extra egg, melted the margerine, and added enough milk to make it into a batter (about a cup) and made a dozen beautiful tasty muffins! They had to bake for about 15-18 minutes and came out with a perfect muffin consistency. Thanks Bob
- So delicious!
- These are the best gluten free cookies I have ever had. They are easy to make and taste great warm out of the oven. I usually have to hide them from the rest of my family!
- Alright, this might turn ...
- Alright, this might turn out to be a novel, so just bear with me. Haha! I was nervous to try the chocolate chip cookie mix after reading mixed reviews about it on Amazon.com, but I had already purchased a bag and decided to give it a shot. I added two extra tablespoons of margarine, the egg, a dash of cinnamon, and a quick little splash of vanilla almond milk (I figured it wouldn't hurt). After bl
- First, thank you Laura! ...
- First, thank you Laura! I'm writing this as my cookies are in the oven because, upon tasting the dough, I panicked and looked up reviews to see if others found the dough to have an unpleasant taste. I'm so relieved to hear they'll taste fine after baking, haha!
- I made these for my ...
- I made these for my autistic son and he inhaled them: so did me and my husband. DELISH!
- Made these for the first ...
- Made these for the first time and found them absolutely delicious. I am on my fourth one and better stop LOL They are for my son that is autistic and he too gobbled them down. Thanks for making such a great product!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 cookies (50g dry mix)
Servings Per Container: 12
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories180Calories from Fat20
Total Fat2 g3 %Saturated Fat1 g5 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium180 mg8 %Total Carbohydrate41 g14 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars24 gN/AProtein2 g4 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium4 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
evaporated cane juice, brown sugar, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, semi-sweet chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), tapioca flour, whole grain sorghum flour, fava bean flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, sea sa