DetailsCorn Grits-Polenta makes a popular breakfast, especially in the Eastern and Southern states. Many gourmet Italian and Mediterranean restaurants feature our polenta. The recipes on our packages are simple and delicious. Also makes a delightful hot cereal served with milk and honey or brown sugar. Available in regular or organic.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 14 item(s)
- kids have loved their 'corn meal mush.' Healthful and delicious.
I've been buying these corn grits for years and my children grew up eating and loving their 'corn meal mush'. I've always added one or two eggs when the grits have cooked enough (whisking them in quickly) and it makes it more like a smooth, rich pudding. Add butter, milk, and brown sugar and my grown kids still devour it. I like the grits more with parmesan or cheddar cheese and lots of pepper. Delicious! The corn grits have been hard to find lately in my area, so I'm ordering it online now. I never want to run out.
- Buon Appetito!
Really delicious as polenta. Cooked properly, it rivals any of the 'Made In Italy' polentas on the shelves. Thanks!
- Pour it in a jar
- Hi, I have been using Bob's grits for quite some time. They are wonderful. They taste great, are GMO-free, and make a great addition to a gluten free diet. I want to please ask that those of you that are requesting zip top packaging to stop. That will raise the prices of our grits and food prices are already going through the roof. Please, pour your unused grits into a canning jar or other recycled glass jar (like spaghetti sauce or coconut oil), place a lid on it and you are done! If you would like, place it in a plastic storage bin. You can also cut the label and put it into the jar/plastic container to help remember cooking instructions. Thank you.
- No GMO's in Bob's Corn Grits
To the reviewer who was concerned about GMO's - go to the FAQs and you will find the following:
Are your products genetically modified?
No. All of our products originate from identity-preserved, non-GMO seeds. This means that the seed planted in the ground is non-GMO. We do not guarantee the complete absence of GMO materials in our products because of wind drift, pollinators and our lack of testing equipment.
- Ingredient list rarity
- I love the ingredient list on the side of the package of this product. It's one word long: "corn." That's it. A real rarity for any packaged product.
- Grits... they're not just for breakfast!
- One of my all time favorite meals to make is "Shrimp and Grits" and wow.. are these ever delicious for making that dish! Since it's a hearty, savory meal, I cook them in chicken broth and just as they're finished, I stir in some sharp cheddar cheese. I am crazy about these grits! PS~ Someone mentioned that they wished the grits came in a zip-type pouch. I store mine in a glass jar large enough for an entire bag. I clip the label & cooking directions off of the bag they came in, and using a large clear sturdy tape, I seal (almost laminate) the bag's label & directions to the outside of the jar. Works great! :0)
- Last Man Standing
I have been reading the reviews, and I'm either too old or too Southern to relate.
Grits has always been yellow. Always. In the south, the real south- grits are yellow. The white stuff just doesn't taste the same and isn't as healthy.
The problem is about 10-20 years ago the major quaker companies decided to stop making normal yellow grits(aka non-bleached corn). They are yankee companies. And people in the south were po'd. Still are until now. I can't tell you how many people I hear from that say they miss real grits. Grown men and women just out of the blue in a restaurant mention it. It's part of the heritage gone.
But now there is finally an option! You can't find yellow southern grits anywhere but here and some other private mills. And I appreciate it. You call it polenta. I call it grits. Always been and always will be. Thank you folks at Bob's.
- GREAT PRODUCT
I love this stuff found it looking for Gluten free products......however.....please change the packaging to a zip lock type bag.
- Great for Breakfast
- I love the coloration better than the white bleached grits. The presentation is wonderful!Great Southern breakfast side.|Then I also serve the polenta in the Middle-Eastern and Italian dishes.
- Wow Grits that aren't white who knew
Growing up we eat grits a few time a month. I had always enjoyed them as a breakfast food but discovered later in life that they made a great combo with fried fish. I always thought that grits were white in color because thats all I knew. My brother in law turned me on to your products and seeing your polenta product in yellow I had to try them.I love them and in conversation with my father he let me know that as a child grits were yellow in color they come from corn he said. The long and short of it for me is that yours is more flavorful that most products on the market and I enjoy eating you product.
Great find in my book.
- Product is a must have in pantry
- When I first bought this product I was unsure on the taste. What a surprise! I made them with milk and they turned out rich and creamy. My kids love them and prefer corn grits over the other. A definite keeper in my house!
- If Nonna only knew!
- If I had only found Bob's Red Mill polen||ta while my Italian grandmother was still with us. The taste and texture is light years ahead of anything I've had before. My favorite is wedges of day old polenta, fried up with a nice hunk of creamy gorgonzola cheese melted over the top.!
- EASY AND TASTY POLENTA RECIPE ON BAG.
- UTILIZED THE POLENTA RECIPE ON THE BAG. TASTED GREAT. THINK ABOUT PUTTING A RECLOSABLE SEAL ON YOUR PACKAGING.
- My Nonna, my Mom and my ...
- My Nonna, my Mom and my Aunt won't use anything but this cornmeal for polenta dinners. I have to admit, it makes a superior soft or hard polenta.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (35g)
Servings Per Container: 19
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories130Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate27 g9 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses soy, tree nuts, wheat, and milk