Bobs Red Mill Almond Meal is ground from whole, blanched sweet almonds. Almonds are notoriously healthy nuts providing a good amount of manganese and vitamin E , as well as a healthy serving of monounsaturated fats in each 1/4 cup serving. Not only do almonds have a healthy boost of protein, they are also very low in carbohydrates and inherently gluten free.
Eating whole almonds is terrific, but did you know that adding almond meal to your baking and cooking can bring the health benefits of almonds to your diet, as well as cutting back on carbohydrate consumption? Replacing 25% of the flour in your baking with almond meal will add wonderful texture and flavor while reducing the total carbohydrates. This makes it perfect for those following a low carbohydrate or paleo diet.
Almond meal is produced in our gluten free facility, making it an ideal addition to a gluten free diet. In addition to low carbohydrate baking, almond meal is wonderful for use in French macarons and financiers, pie crusts, cakes, cookies, pancakes and quick breads. Almond meal can be used in savory applications, as well. Use almond meal in place of bread crumbs in meatballs, or as a coating for chicken and fish. Find recipes for using almond meal under the recipe tab below. Almond meal is best kept refrigerated or frozen.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 17 item(s)
- Great product
Great product! I've used this for cookies, breads and cakes, they all have turned out wonderful! I'd refer this product to anyone.
- Wonderful Product
Love this product. I have used it to bake a multiple number of items and they always come out moist and delicious.
The almond chocolate chip cookie recipe on back of almond meal flour was absolutely horrendous. After my family of 5 tasted it went from oven to trash. Very expensive experiment. Tasteless, on the dry side, nothing like a cookie, no sweetness detected. It was more like an unpleasant under sweetened scone type of thing. Have made many gluten free dairy free products on my own but this recipe was the worst! Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Love the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the package
I followed the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the package almost exactly, only substitution being 1/4 C chopped pistachios instead of 1/2 C sliced almonds. They were fabulous! I've eaten all the cookies and now want to buy another bag of flour. Hoping to try biscotti next.
- The Best Flour Ever!
This flour doesn't have a gagging after-taste! I buy by the case, but will now buy by the 25 pound bag! I make raw dough with carob or raw cacao, maple or raw honey, ginger or pumpkin spice and vanilla bean. Rolled into balls, these are my children's favorite treat. For everyday meals, I use the same recipe and bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes. The bread comes out soft with a slightly crunchy top and absolutely delicious. I don't mix with any other flour as nothing else is deserving! The almond flour is buttery and rich. Thank you for a superb product.
- Amateur Baker
- I used this product to make french macaroons, and boy what an ordeal! The cookies themselves did not come out looking great, however tasted wonderful. I believe the reason the cookies did not turn out was more due to my oven than the ingredients. I still have 1/2 a bag of flour left so I am going to experiment with this product and use it in other applications pancakes, cakes, etc. Overall a good product. The one con was that there were a few big chucks of almond that could not get through the sifter.
- who needs wheat!!!
- LOVE IT! works great in so many ways. Used it to make meatloaf,cheesecake crust, peanut butter cookies,pizza crust, it's great!
- just what it should be
- Best product that I've tried from Bob's so far. i like to use it to make cakes, muffins and other baked goods. Keeps it moist and adds protein. Almond flour is highly perishable and should be kept in the refrigerator.
- Almond Flour
- I don't know about the how long it will keep cause I never keep it around that long. I use almond flour in pancakes, muffins, cakes, and cookies. We are not gluten free, but need to keep the carbs down due to diabetes. This is a great product in that regard. It's a nicely fine and being blanched, it helps keep my baked goods beautiful.
- Supreme Product!
- This is one of my favorite products! I absolutely love the almond flavor and it is indispensable when making my gluten free date/nut pie crust. It is always the hit of Thanksgiving! The nature of this product (from nuts) means that it will eventually go rancid, but Bob's lasts longer than any other brand I've used.
- Almond Crispies
- I've just used the BRM Almond Meal/Flour to make the Almond Crispies recipe I found here on your website. I followed the recipe exactly and they are absolutely wonderful. My daughter can no longer eat gluten and we don't really care for the pre-made GF products and now we don't have to feel deprived! Thank you so much for this wonderful product. I look forward to trying more of your recipes.
- Best Almond Flour for French Macarons
- There is no other brand I would recommend for making French Macarons. The photo I'm sending has Pistachio for texture. If pure almond flour, the shell is thoroughly smooth.
- I use this to bread chicken
- I use this almond flour instead of white flour for breading pounded chicken breasts. I don't use any eggs - just wet the pounded breasts. Shake off excess and coat on both sides with this Flour and saute in olive oil. It is wonderful & flavorful and gives the chicken a nice outside texure.
- Excellent for Pancakes
- Excellent flavor and texture for pancakes mixed 1:3 with whole wheat flour. Any greater proportion would thin out batter. Reduces carbs abd adds a seeming sweet taste.
- Not great for macarons
- I'm finding this almond flour does not work particularly well for my macarons. The hazelnut flour is like a dream, but the almond flour doesn't seem to be ground finely enough and it clumps. It's not fluffy like the hazelnut flour. I don't know why.
- Almond Meal Flour
- This flour is absolutely delicious and great for baking cookies, cakes, and being added to certain pie crusts. I love to bake and have always baked from scratch. Until I went gluten free last year, I had never heard of some of the flavorful flours produced by Bob's Red Mill. I now use most all of these different flours. I have an extra refridgerator where I store them. I find it interesting during the holidays when I make cookies and bars and my husband likes the gluten free better than the regular recipes. The coconut flour is another one of my favorites.
- Wonderful! It doesn't ...
- Wonderful! It doesn't have the aftertaste of soy and doesn't raise blood sugar. After using almond products for 6 months, my diabetes is under control and my weight down to my high school years.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (28g)
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories160Calories from Fat120
Total Fat14 g22 %Saturated Fat1 g5 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium10 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate6 g2 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium6 %Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy