Healthy Food is the Best Medicine™
Always be ready for a delicious and satisfying meal with Bob’s Red Mill® 13 Bean Soup Mix. We’ve selected a unique and complementary blend of beans for soups, chilies or any recipe calling for beans. This is stick-to-your-ribs, hearty soup at its finest. No seasonings are added to the mix, so it's a great opportunity to create your own perfect blend of herbs and spices. Our colorful mix of navy, black, red, pinto, baby limas, large limas, garbanzo, great northern and kidney beans, black-eyed peas, yellow split peas, green split peas, and lentils provide exceptionally rich flavor, whether you follow the basic cooking instructions on the package or create an elaborate bean-based dish of your own. Our 13 Bean Soup mix can be a great base for a healthy and protein-packed chili. Just add tomatoes, chili powder, a mix of vegetables like onions, bell peppers, zucchini, poblano peppers, and corn for a satisfying bowl of 13 Bean Vegetable Chili for Meatless Monday. For a meat version, simply add ground beef, turkey or even cubed steak or chicken. You can also try our Bean Soup Seasoning Mix for a classic blend of complimentary flavorings including chili pepper, basil, celery seed, cumin, oregano, black pepper, savory and garlic.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 14 item(s)
- Never too many beans!
- I made this bean soup mix in the crock pot recently with a smoked turkey wing for flavor, then added some pieces of smoked sausage to each bowl before serving. GOOD STUFF!
- 13 bean chili
- Great taste though it was hard to get all the bean soft without making some of them mushy,but still good eats:)
- i wasnt sure i'd like it but once i tryed it i could stop! :) thanks to my mother in law for buying this! mmmm. now we are getting more! :)
- Try this!!!
- this stuff is great!!!
- Curious about calories
- I made this soup mix today and tried to journal the dietary amount [@] I did not use the ham hock as suggested on the package, so I'm wondering if the calorie count on the pkg. is taking that into consideration? It seems like the calorie count is a little high for the soup considering it was only bean varieties, stewed tomatoes and onions.
- Outstanding for soup and chili ........
- Don't judge a bean by it's cover..... this suff is to die for. Just curious why they didn't include Anasazi beans.
- Veg version a success!
- Instead of the water and ham hock, I used veg broth and a clove of garlic during the first boil and simmer. Added the onion, tomato sauce, and chili powder to that and got a fantastic, vegan meal.
- Good stuff
- I made the soup mostly per instructions and it came out very tastey. I diced up some left over roast and threw that in with the broth. I also throw in various hot sauces to give it some heat.
- simple, hearty and healthy!!
- simple to make non-expensive and delicious!! i used chorizo and tandoori paste for extra flavor!! feel bad for taking all the cooking credit thanks bob!!
- Love this soup!
Found this on special at my local health food store. One of my best purchases there to date! I made it for dinner on Sunday (figured it would take a while so I did it on the weekend to avoid school conflicting with it). I soaked the beans overnight, but they still took about four hours to cook up fully since I live at high altitude. That's the only negative thing about this soup.
Guess I'll just share what I did to end up with such a great soup. I chopped up 3/4 lb of bacon, fried that with a medium chopped onion, added what had been two cups of beans before soaking along with a quart of water and a quart of chicken stock, and brought the whole thing to a boil. After about two hours, I started the seasoning process, just adding a little salt and plenty of salt-free seasoning blend (better than pepper because it has more than just one spice). I just added seasonings until it tasted right. After about three and a half hours, I added a little under a pound of coarsely chopped carrots. By the time they were done, the beans were done.
I was thrilled with how it came out! Next time I'll use celery too. Or maybe next time I'll use veggie broth and extra vegetables so I can share it with my friend who's a vegetarian. That's what's so great--it's so versatile!
- Great Stuff
- Great in a crock pot with a little ham.
- This is one of the soups I love
- This mix is always on my shelf. The only way to make it better would be to not have to soak it overnight - because when I want some I hate to wait a whole day. I eat a lot of it.
- This is an excellent ...
This is an excellent family meal. My husband and kids love the flavor when it is spiced up with Bob's Red Mill's Bean Soup Seasoning Mix.
- Great package of healthy ...
- Great package of healthy beans! The recipe on the back for chili is delicious. Only change I made was to add 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 tbsp of tomato paste and 1 can of tomato sauce. Thank you!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (57g) dry
Servings Per Container: 14
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories200Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0 g0 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate35 g12 %Dietary Fiber12 g48 %Sugars2 gN/AProtein13 g26 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium6 %Iron20 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
navy, black, red, pinto, baby limas, large limas, garbanzo, great northern and kidney beans: black-eyed,yellow split, and green split peas: and lentils
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk.