Bob's Red Mill Job Opportunities
Bob's Red Mill is looking for the right person to join our employee-owned company. We are the nation's leading producer of whole grain and natural foods as well as a leader in the gluten-free products industry. We are recognized time and again by the nation's top publications for having quality products and stellar customer service. We specialize in stone ground, whole grain flours, cereals, baking mixes and gluten-free products. We are headquartered in Milwaukie, Oregon but our employees and products span the country and can be found throughout the world. As employee-owners and recipients of a monthly profit sharing program -- there is a special camaraderie at BRM, we watch out for one another and for the company, working to uphold the values, integrity and principals at the root of this successful organization.
Plant and Operations Engineer
This is a unique opportunity for a qualified individual to work with and learn under a long-time engineer for the leading manufacturer of healthy whole grain foods. The qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative and leadership through present and past job duties, projects, and assignments; possess clear, confident communication, both written and verbal, with a variety of people; and demonstrated capability to initiate and complete projects and plans on-time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research, design and develop plans for integration of new manufacturing equipment into manufacturing facility and processes
- Field engineering questions posed by production team regarding equipment functionality and capabilities
- Support the procurement and maintenance of production equipment by researching equipment and interfacing with external vendors, suppliers, and equipment brokers
- Establish and improve manufacturing processes by applying engineering and mechanical knowledge to equipment design and function
- Work with Company personnel to ensure that equipment design requirements and intent are met
- Assist and advise production employees and the Company maintenance team to troubleshoot and solve problems in manufacturing area
- Work with team to develop long-term space, equipment and material handling plans to accommodate continued company growth
- Performs other duties as assigned
- None. This position reports to the Plant Superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with CAD Software or equivalent design program
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Must be flexible and respond to needs as they arise
- Demonstrated capability to initiate and complete projects and plans on-time
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Available for occasional travel
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and maintains a safe working environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2-3 years experience in related field preferred
- Ability to speak, write and understand the English language
- Current motor vehicle operator license
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team
- Experience working in food manufacturing facility a plus
- Position requires the ability to climb ladders and stairways
- Will occasionally be required to lift items weighing in excess of 50 pounds
- This position will perform work within all areas of the facility and may be exposed to dust, dirt, grease and extremes and differences in temperature.
Please apply in person or apply online by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a benefits package that includes:
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Access to Medical Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation / Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Paid Training
- Discretionary Monthly Profit Sharing Bonus
- An opportunity to begin participating and vesting as an employee owner pursuant to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan after one year of employment.