DetailsBob's Red Mill Wild Rice and Brown Rice Blend is a marvelous mixture of rice. This simple blend combines the mild nutty flavor of whole grain brown rice and the subtle earthiness of wild rice for a versatile and nutritious base for your next meal. Simple to prepare, this blend makes a terrific staple for every meal of the day. Wild rice is has a higher proportion of protein than many other whole grains and delivers a good amount of fiber in each serving. Not much is known about the health benefits of wild rice, but it is a good source of iron and calcium which promote healthy bones. Wild rice and brown rice both contain a surprising amount of folate, an essential vitamin for cell growth that is particularly important to pregnant women and infants. Brown rice contains a wealth of B vitamins, including thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, B6 and B12, all of which support cell metabolism. Wild Rice & Brown Rice Mix will enhance the flavor of any meal, from the simple to the gourmet. Adding a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper will turn this simple rice blend into a beautiful side dish or delicious bed for your favorite proteins and vegetables. It can be added to soups, salads and sides and used in place of white or brown rice in your favorite recipes.
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Best there is!
- My husband and I make this rice a lot. Although the cookling time is a little longer than the regular white rice we love the chewy texture and extra flavor it adds to any meal.
- Rice Pudding to die for!!
- I used this product to make rice pudding using almond milk and cranberries. It was the best I ever made. Will make over and over again.
- Stuff a pepper!!!!!!!
- I made stuffed peppers for the first time ever (I am old) and they were absolutely super!!!!!!!!!!
- Perfect for stuffing and side dishes
- One of the things I love about this rice is it is nutty and flavorful. It steams up perfect and I love using it as a stuffing for my game hens, turkey or roasting hens. As a side dish I add mushrooms and veg's, and cook with chicken or vege broth. I am not a vegan by any stretch -true carnavore--but I think that flavor is a must even when eating healthy. Add this to your list, my kids love it and
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(50g)
Servings Per Container: 14
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate39 g13 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %SugarsgN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
brown rice, wild rice
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk