DetailsFlaxseed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC. In the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it. Now, thirteen centuries later, some experts say we have preliminary research to back up what Charlemagne suspected.
Although flaxseed meal contains all sorts of healthy components, it owes its primary healthy reputation to three of them: omega-3 essential fatty acids, lignans and fiber. Omega-3 essential fatty acids are “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s. Lignans have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75 to 80 times more lignans than other plant foods. Flaxseed Meal is high in dietary fiber containing both the soluble and insoluble types. It’s also a powerful natural cholesterol controller. Our Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal is freshly milled to preserve the natural oils and nutrients. There is no nutritional difference between golden and brown flaxseed meal.
Golden flaxseed meal can provide a nutritional punch to many baked goods. Add flaxseed meal to bread, pancakes, muffins, bars, cookies and other recipes for extra nutrition and a nutty flavor. Replace oil or shortening in a recipe with ground flaxseed. Substitute flaxseed at a 3:1 ratio for best results. Use flaxseed meal as an egg replacer in recipes for muffins, cakes, cookies, and pancakes. Use one tablespoon of flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoons of liquid to replace each egg called for in the recipe. Reduce the flour in a recipe by up to 25 percent and replace it with ground flaxseed. Find recipes and tips for flaxseed meal in our recipe collection.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- required as part of health
It is an excellent product, I use it on my ceral in the morning as well as on lunch which is either Yoga or low fat cottage cheese
- great product and well worth the price!
Great as a "liver detox" product
I use it as a part of a "fat flush Plan'
1 table spoon in AM and PM helps reduce the body's absorption of ingested fat
- golden juice
- i mix this in my juice evry morning as a pick me up before I go to work, and a glass before bedtime. I always use as a drink.. I use it warm once but it was slimy, so I stick to the drink.
- Great taste, convenient
- I use Golden Flax to make delicious pancakes for myself, as I am allergic to wheat. I also make up individual servings of "instant hot flax cereals" for traveling by RV, air or on cruises. (To the flax meal, I add protein powder, a sprinkle of salt and cinnamon, then just add hot water and a bit of cream when I'm ready for breakfast.) I appreciate the convenience of having a product that is health
- A1 Product
- I use this product to make gluten free dog cookies. My dogs love them! I also use this in my husband's hot and cold cereals. My husband has ALS and it has helped not only constipation, but with other issues. Since we have been using this product, we have gotten good feed back from health professionals that his lungs sound great!
- A1 Product
- I use this product to make dog cookies. My dogs love 'em! I also use this product in my husband's hot and cold cereals. My husband has ALS and this product helps with constipation. Also, since we started using this product, we have gotten great feedback from health professionals that his lungs sound great.
- A staple of everyday ...
- A staple of everyday eating. A first-class ground flax seed.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp(13g)
Servings Per Container:
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories60Calories from Fat40
Total Fat4.5 g7 %Saturated Fat0.5 g3 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate4 g1 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
organic golden flaxseeds
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy