Irish Soda Bread Mix is not just for St. Patrick's Day! To make this quick, rustic loaf of bread just stir the ingredients together by hand (not in a bread machine), shape into a large loaf or individual breads, then bake. Serve this luscious hearty bread with a variety of meals—stew, soups, salads, anywhere you would a biscuit. One customer had this to say about our Irish Soda bread, and we couldn't say it better:
"I loved Ireland and nothing can take you back better than closing your eyes and indulging in a piece of Bob's Red Mill Irish Soda Bread. I have tried many recipes but sometimes simple is best and Bob's provides you with the best and simplest way to have a bit of Ireland in your own kitchen. Love it!"
We think you'll love our Irish Soda Bread Mix, too!
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 15 item(s)
- Your family and gueats will love it
Makes the very best bread pudding. Add your fruit of choice and away you go. Look at Silver Pallet for Sauce.
- Good bread
So crispy and good. Easy to make too.
- Authentic and easy!
My husband, the son of an Irish mother from County Kerry, says this bread is identical to his mother's bread, even more moist than hers. (Shhh - don't tell her!). You wo't be disappointed.
- buy as much as you can find! Delicious
I found 1 bag at a discount store and have been looking for it everywhere that sells Bob's products, to no avail. So easy and delicious! I had never tried soda bread before so have nothing to compare to except my cooking and tasting experience. Loved it. I served it with lightly sweetened sour cream and jam. I'm sure this is served in heaven!
- great product. Authentic flavor
Loved your product. Added cranberries and raisins, a little sugar sprinkled on top. Just delicious!!!!!
- Amazing and Easy!
- An easy and very delicious bread. I added dates for a little sweetness. Also makes a great gift in a food basket. Fan for life!
- Excellent!! Even better the next day.
- We were looking for a treat that wasn't a full blown cake and this really hit the spot. I added raisins, which I love anyway, but it could also be great with dates. It was very good the day I made it but the next day it was excellent! So satisfying and homemade tasting. I bought 2 more bags to have on hand but I don't think they will last long!
- Very Good
- I made this for the first time yesterday and it was very tasty. I added raisins which are a nice bit of sweetness to the bread. I will likely keep a bag or 2 on hand as pantry staples.
- Super fast real food!
- Made this morning - the mix took maybe a minute to put together, and it tastes real - rustic and hearty - we ate it with honey butter for breakfast and if there is any left over - it'll be the accompaniment to beef stew.
- As good as my homemade
- This is great! I used to make it from scratch, but found this a few years ago, and have only made my own once since then. I add about 2 T sugar and a cup of golden raisins. It is as good as my homemade and a lot easier!
- This is an excellent easy to use and authentic tasting mix. I add in raisins and caraway seeds because that is the way soda bread made in my family. This is the easiest way to make Irish soda bread that I have discovered. In fact, I made it using only one bowl. Usually I make it from scratch in my kitchen and it takes a bit of time and effort. This year I was pressed for time and it took less than
- So good
- This mix is excellent, just like the Irish bakerys in Boston made it when I was a kid. I add raisins and caraway seeds to the mix to give it a really New England flavor. Sprinkle granulated sugar over top before baking.
- So, so, so good!
- This bread mix is AMAZING and amazingly simple to make! I paired it with wild rice soup and haven't had a better meal since!
- AWESOME! ENOUGH SAID AWESOME!!!
- I am disabled and do NOT cook. so when my wife went to help me with this I was SHOCKED at how easy and simple it was to prepare. Then the whole family loved the flavor. Not only was this delicious but a snap to clean up after.
- Irish Soda Bread
- I loved Ireland and nothing can take you back better than closing your eyes and indulging in a piece of Bob's Red Mill Irish Soda bread. I have tried many recipes but sometimes simple is best and Bob's provides you with the best and simplest way to have a bit of Ireland in your own kitchen. Love it!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/2-inch slice (42g mix)
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat50
Total Fat6 g9 %Saturated Fat0.5 g3 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol15 mg5 %Sodium330 mg14 %Total Carbohydrate30 g10 %Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Sugars3 gN/AProtein5 g10 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium6 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
enriched unbleached wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid), whole wheat farina, evaporated cane juice, buttermilk powder (milk), wheat germ, sweet dairy whey (milk), wheat bran, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), baking soda, sea salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent)
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk