Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal contains brown rice, corn, buckwheat, and sorghum. This gluten free cereal is a delightful way to get your energy level up and going and keep it there all day long.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 56 item(s)
- One of my favorite foods
- I love this hot cereal. I used to cook it quite thick, add hazelnut milk or later coconut milk over and add sliced bananas, chopped almonds, and golden raisins. Lately, i've been eating a diet free of grains, nuts, and seeds to control autoimmune symptoms. People ask me what i miss most, expecting a reply of donuts or pizza. But no, its BRM GF hot cereal! So enjoy a bowl for me, if you can!!!!!!
- I made this cereal on a cold winter morning, adding butter and maple syrup. I was planning on spending the morning outside and it was close to zero degrees. The cereal was very warming and filling. It tastes like corn, but has a better texture than polenta. It kept me warm and full all morning. I can't wait to experiment with more recipes.
- Nice Gluten Free Option
- I just tried this cereal and it is very bitter. Not sure what is in it that makes it bitter but its to the point where i am not sure i will buy it again. I am also concerned about it having GMO's since it is made with corn. Hopefully Bobs RedMill can make this an even better product by using non gmo/organic ingredients and resolve the bitter aspect.
- I cannot believe how delicious this cereal is! I am an oatmeal addict and decided to try this cereal today bc I love all Bob's products and this caught my eye awhile ago. It has amazing texture and such a nutty flavor. Kinda reminded me of polenta or grits but 1000 times better. I will have to keep this in stock right next to my oatmeal in the cupboard.
- It's great but needs to be rinsed!
- Recent reports show a lot of nasty soil chemicals in grains, even organic! Bob's Mighty Tasty often gave me an acid tummy until I started THOROUGHLY rinsing it before cooking. It's time consuming and the mesh has to be fine in order to work. This product's runoff is very cloudy(!) and it takes awhile to run clean, but well worth it. No more acid gut after a good rinse.
- Mighty Tasty1
- I am trying very hard to eat non-GMO products, and I can't find any information that this cereal is one of them. It tastes good, and I may use it occasionally, but I won't buy it again until it is made with non-GMO ingredients.
- Mighty Tasty Cerealis mighty tasty!
- Occasionally I'll add Mighty Tasty Cereal to my morning GF oatmeal for a little more substance. I particularly enjoy it cooked and chilled then cut into squares as a "polenta" type of snack. Very satisfying, filling and tasty!
- Love it!!!
- I use the Might Tasty Hot Cereal for breakfast, cooking it per the directions & adding just a little butter. I started eating it because I couldn't find the Millet Grits any longer. Keep up the great work of providing more products to our stores in Central New Jersey. I'll have to also try some of your recipes to get out of my normal routine.
- Savory or Sweet
- I noticed that most viewers seem to comment on how they use sweet add-ins, but I have found that the savory is amazing as well! I use it in place of grits to add a variety of grains, and it has a very similar consistency. You can make it for jalapeño grits, or a simple base for a sunny side egg and one of my personal favorites is to boil it in a very light chicken broth and stir in toasted sesame oil and a little curry powder. Its a healthy, filling snack when I need a pick me up.
- So Simple Yet So Good!
It is so easy to prepare this creamy, delicious, good for you, cereal! The possibilities are endless. My favorite way to eat this is to add real butter, brown sugar, and a little milk. It is also very yummy with flake coconut, butter, brown sugar and a few pecan pieces, or peanut butter, a little of maple syrup, and sliced bananas, or peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips-- as you can see the list goes on and on :-)
So easy, so filling, so good, and so good for you!!!
- Love this cereal!
- I bought this cereal when I suspected I was having digestive issues from the oatmeal I had for breakfast each day. I love that it is gluten free, a good source of fiber, easy to digest, and that it keeps me regular. I recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to oatmeal. The only problem is that they've stopped carrying it at my local grocery stores. I hope that you continue selling this for a long time.
- The BEST!
- I hate running out! I eat it before a ride...great energy and stamina.
- Looovvveee it!
- I love this stuff for breakfast! I make the one one serving in the microwave and then add a little French vanilla creamer! I always tell everyone it looks like birdseed, but you've got to try it!
- I searched for a long time for a "good" gluten free hot cereal and this is by far the winner.
- This is a great tasting cereal. A wonderful healthier alternative to cream of wheat!
- Best Hot Cereal EVER
This is the BEST. Ever since I discovered, I make sure I always have some on-hand. Here is a great recipe:
-natural apple butter to taste
-chopped walnuts &/or toasted almonds
-touch of cinnamon
-Greek or organic yogurt (I used lemon today - great with the blueberries).
i never get sick of this stuff - and you can change it up. Really wonderful, healthy and satisfying!
- The name says it all!!
- The title name says it all, "Mighty Tasty". This cereal has only one competetor for taste, "The Right Stuff". It is easily one of the best hot cereals on the market & believe me I've tried most available. I need to keep gluten low, so having such a tasty product available is really appreciated. People on a gluten free diet will be absolutely delighted with this product!
- So tasty!
- Wow! I got a sample of this amazing GF cereal at a trade show and just made it for breakfast this morning. It has a wonderful buttery taste, great texture, great flavor, etc. I put a little milk, little brown sugar and a sweet nectarine on the cereal - yum! Heading back right now for another helping. Definitely buying this product again. And is GF!
- This is one of my favorite foods.
- I'm a Celiac and I love this cereal with pure maple syrup and soy milk.
- very yummy
- made for breakfast this morning. poured over frozed raspberries. Wow..i was blown away how good this was.
- Favorite breakfast
- This is by far the best breakfast I have tasted, I used maple syrup to sweeten it a bit
- Best Hot Cereal Ever!
- I am so glad I found this product. I make one recipe of it and it makes three breakfasts. Love it.
- makes excellent muffins
- I mix 226 gr of cereal, with gluten free rice bran(for fiber), grated carrots, shelled flax seeds, distilled water, x-virgin olive oil and honey.|Mix it up and pour into to cupcakes. Takes approx 40 minutes at 350 F degrees. Let cool. Freeze extra and use as needed. Great product. Also, great for pets with wheat allergies.
- now this is real food
- Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal is about as real and wholesome as food gets. All parents with children need to forget about cereals from the supermarket shelf, even the ones that claim to be healthy, because they are not. They spend hundreds of thousands on advertising to trick the consumer.
- Love this as a delicious, healthy option, especially during the cold Midwestern winter. Perfect with a little maple syrup, fruit and soy milk. Very satisfying. Keeps me going for hours.
- Once its doctored up a bit, its great!
- I eat this every morning, 1 part cereal and 3 parts water, I microwave it on high for 2 minutes, stir, and then do 3 minutes at 50% power. I then add salt, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Real maple syrup is better than the brown sugar if you can afford it, or some honey or agave nectar. Anyway, its kept me going for about a year and a half now!
- I can't get over how delicious this cereal is. I made one batch as per the directions and have been enjoying it reheated each morning. I just add a little bit of milk and it comes out like it was freshly made. Raisins, banana slices and Agave Nectar make it super tasty.
- Yummy and Versatile
- I bought this cereal about a month ago when I looking for an alternative to oatmeal that would be more nutritious than just farina. I used to get a multigrain wheat based cereal years ago, but hadn't been able to find it so I bought this instead. I've been really happy with it and I think it like more than the wheaty one! It's very filling and low in calories which is great.
- How Could I Resist the Name?
- I bought this last week at my local supermarket because I wanted a better option for breakfast. I like hot cereals but farina has little nutrition and oatmeal was getting old. I also really like the Bob's Red Mill products I've tried before. It was great. I found it really held me all morning.
- Lives up to its \"Mighty Tasty\" claim!
- I love this hot cereal and so does my 2-year-old son. This product has a wonderful flavor, soothing texture, and it calms my system. Add a little brown sugar and some raw almonds for a truly tasty, filling breakfast. The price is incredible and so worth it. This product will be a staple in my pantry from now on!
- Bob's Red Mill is GREAT
- Breakfast, holds me till lunch.|Expensive at store, but reasonably priced on internet.
- After deciding to go gluten free, I found this hot cereal and, boy, and I'm glad I did! Like another reviewer I use 1/3 C. of the mix to 1 C. of water and add a little cinnamon and salt while it's cooking. When it's done, I add ground flax seed, rice protein powder, stevia and almond milk. YUM! I wouldn't change a thing!
- omg this is so good!
- this is so good. I made the cereal...yummy, my love bird and my macaw likes it too. Silk Vanilla soy milk worked great. I also made an apple crisp with half Gluten-free pantry baking mix and half Mighty Hearty...best apple crisp I've ever made.
- Superior taste and texture
- We already love the company, but this was a new product for us. Striving to eliminate gluten from my child diet has been tough. But the decision to buy this cereal again is not. She loves it, I love it!
- LOVE IT!!!!!!
- I recently went on a trip and was staying at a friends house. She received a goody back from a natural food store containing a sample of this hot cereal...What a catch! I will purchase this from now on! It fills you up in the morning, tastes wondering, and is easy. I have been putting a bit of brown sugar and raisins in it, but am excited to try other things! I would FOR SURE recommend this to a friend.
- A nice change from oat meal
- I was brought up on Cream of Wheat and my dad (who made our breakfast every day) always added some Wheatina to add texture to my cereal so this is great because of the crunchy texture. I'm fairly impatient so I use the microwave a lot and wasn't sure how this wold work. It takes a little practice to figure out the correct ratio of liquid to cereal but it's worth it.
- Tastes like cream of wheat but better!
- This stuff is so delicious! It is VERY filling so you don't need nearly as much as your eyes may tell you. I love adding cream or almond milk to it with local honey and pumpkin pie spice! I also throw in raw flax, hemp and chia seeds and you can add any nuts or dried fruit or berries or fresh fruit, etc. that you wish. Be creative! It's very healthy on its own and the more nuts and fruits you add,
- My favorite hot cereal
- Wonderful hot cereal. I add almond butter to have a complete breakfast that will hold me over until lunch time.
- One of the greatest cereals
- There's a health food store outside Dorado, PR, that carries quite a few of Bob's Red Mill products. Maybe we'll live long enough to be interested in the others, but this hot cereal is far and away one of the best cereals on the market that we've ever tasted. Simple to cook in the microwave, and you can add anything, lemon zest, jalepeno, I bet it could be the basis for a side dish or a dessert.
- It's the greatest!
- This is the best gluten free hot cereal anywhere - great taste and texture. For a breakfast with get up and go, try a bowl of Mighty Tasty with a poached egg on top, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and salsa. Yummy. It doesn't get any better than that. When I was out of polenta and needed a last minute substitute, this cereal successfully came to the rescue.
- Terrific Gluten Free Hot Cereal
- I just recently found out I am gluten intolerant and was at first at a loss as to what to eat that would not make me sick. I had been eating oatmeal for years and cannot eat most commercially made cold cereals. So, I was delighted to find that this cereal is available in my grocery store at a good price.
- Morning ritual
- Every morning I either alternate between this cereal and the Creamy Rice or I make a mix of half one, half the other. I eat no other breakfast cereals.||I like it with sugar substitute so much I haven't experimented with savory versions yet, but reading other people's reviews here are inspiring me to try.
- My husband loves this as cheese grits
My husband has celiac disease and an aversion to "healthy tasting" foods. I was looking for ways to include more grains than just corn or rice, so we tried this hot cereal.
The first time I made it for him, I prepared a savory, cheese grits inspired version. I add a few dashes of garlic powder to the water (before boiling), then follow the recipe on the back (calls for 1 cup dry cereal).
- Like a GF creamy wheat
- This is how I really enjoy it: Prepare a serving of 1/3C mix, about 1C water and a squirt or two of Braggs. Then add in some slivered almonds, raisins/cranberries or any dried chopped fruit, honey, cinnamon, cardamom, and to thin it out if needed, a shot of almond milk. Yummy breakfast!
- Wow Awesome whole food
- This product is all around great. It is filling and satisfying. I personally add organic fruits and maple syrup and or dry fruit. nut may be added also.|As a side dish it is great to add vegetables. I have tasty hot cereal almost everyday. incredible product. I can't get enough.
- This cereal is delicious. I cook it up easliy and quick in my microwave-1/4 dry to 1 cup water for a single serving. I don't even add milk or soy, although that would be delicious too. It's wonderful to have such good and healthy gluten free options and I can't wait to try baking with it.
- My son LOVES this!
- My son had gluten removed one year ago and we began using this hot cereal. We love it. It tastes great and I like that it provides nutrition from multiple grains instead of just corn. Just a swirl of maple sugar and some blueberries gives me confidence that he is going to school and will not be hungry and distracted in an hour.
- Delicious and gentle on the tummy!
- This cereal is delicious!!! And my tender tummy loves it. I eat it for breakfast or any time I need something nourishing and soothing. Thanks!
- Delicious. The blend of ...
- Delicious. The blend of grains used in this hot cereal is so well balanced with wonderful flavor. I do not have gluten-intolerance but I love this cereal - quick to make and supports my digestive health. I can eat this day after day and not tire from it.
- I just discovered Bob's ...
- I just discovered Bob's Red Mill products and I am thrilled to pieces with the GF Might Tasty Hot Cereal! I have missed my hot cereal, along with bread and everything else. I'm going to try the oats next. I have been GF for a few years, but didn't really pay attention to what was out there. I just eliminated everything from my diet, but didn't like the alternatives that have been available. What w
- I really enjoy this hot ...
- I really enjoy this hot cereal, especially swirled with some pure maple syrup! The flavor is slightly sweet and dominated by the corn, but is still surprisingly good. It is fairly easy to digest too, and was a god send in the first months after my diagnosis (Celiac) when I still couldn't eat much. Now I like to add in a little flax meal to increase the nutrition. I actually prefer the texture of t
- I have been using Bob's ...
- I have been using Bob's Red Mill products for a few years but recently discovered your Gluten Free Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal. It is absolutely delicious (of which I am currently eating while typing this to you). It is so tasty that you almost don't need a sweetener. I do use a natural sweetener, cinnamon, and a pad of margarine, blueberries and walnuts. DELISH! Thank you for such a wholesome cereal.
- We love this cereal! It ...
- We love this cereal! It tastes great. By far the best tasting GF cereal mix! Our kids love it. The only problem I see with this particular product is that it's not organic. I am guessing that it contains GMO (Genetically Modified) corn and perhaps rice. After watching the movie Food Inc, we are trying to stay away from anything that contains genetically modified ingredients. We look forward to Bob
- I was quite surprised by ...
- I was quite surprised by how good this cereal is. I got my hands on a little free sample packet, and wasn't expecting much because I've never liked hot cereals very much. But since I need to stay away from gluten, I gave it a try. I mixed in a little brown sugar, apple chunks, walnuts, and soy milk. Delicious! But the cereal really would have been fine by itself. It has a very nice flavor.
- RE: Shawny From the FAQ ...
- RE: Shawny From the FAQ page: Are your products genetically modified? No. All of our products come from identity preserved seeds. This means the seed planted in the ground is non-GMO. We simply can't guarantee against cross pollination due to natural occurrences such as wind drift, so we do not label our products GMO-free.
- Thank you for your ...
- Thank you for your information on your product being non-GMO. I appreciate your effort to use only traditional seeds. I hope you will continue to move towards organics as well, since GMO's and pesticides compromise our health and our environment. As I make make the switch to organic myself, I am hoping that organic gluten-free products will become more available from concientious buinesses like yo
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(42g)
Servings Per Container: 16
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories150Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate31 g10 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein4 g8 %
Vitamin A2 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron6 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain brown rice, corn, sweet white sorghum, buckwheat
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy