DetailsTwo and 1/4 teaspoons of Bob's Red Mill Active Dry Yeast equals 1/4 ounce or one standard packet of yeast. Our yeast is the same as that used by professional bakers to obtain superior results.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Great Yeast! Buy NOW!
- I have used a lot of Bob's Red Mill products and this was the first time I used this Active Dry Yeast. I made homemade bagels and they turned out amazing. Don't hesitate to buy. The quality, taste, and results have made me a lifelong customer of Bob's RM products.
- Great for Whole Wheat Bread, Cheap
I use this with Fresh Ground Organic Hard Red Spring Wheat to make a Fresh Bread. I have a Blendtec Blender, which takes any grain and makes a good flour in less than a minute. I used to buy yeast packets, and I still do when I'm in a pinch, but this is much cheaper and provides better results. I can't find this at my local stores, so online-ordering-only means a little wait time.
Compared to other yeasts, this yeast has a quick, stable rise and preserves natural flavors quite well. It lasts a long time in my fridge, I had an old bag, probably about a year old and the yeast still rose properly. This is much cheaper than competitors, and better.
- One of the Best yeast for a Great price
- This is definitely one of the best yeast available on the market. A wonderful deal when bought in quantity. Just put in Zip-lock and refrigerate. It works fast and is great in all my dough recipes. Hand mixed bread, bread machine and pizza dough.
- This yeast is the best!
- I never would have thought there could be a difference in yeasts until I tried Bob's. It was fantastic. Let the yeast come to room temperature before using and be sure liquids are the correct temperature. Never add salt directly to the yeast. This yeast starts foaming and bubbling quickly. I love this product!
- Ive been baking for a few ...
- Ive been baking for a few years, and am confounded at the yeasts that are at the grocery. This yeast is simple, to the point, and not fancy like a 'pizza crust' or a 'bread' or what ever yeast. Great if you are a from scratch baker!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (10g)
Servings Per Container: 22
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories20Calories from Fat5
Total Fat0.5 g1 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate5 g2 %Dietary Fiber2 g8 %SugarsgN/AProteing0 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C30 %Calcium%Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
active dry yeast, sorbitan monostearate
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy