An Important Message From our CEO
and the Bob’s Red Mill Team
At Bob’s Red Mill, one of our essential values is prioritizing the health and well-being of our
employees. As we adapt to each new COVID-19 development, this has guided all of our actions.
We know that you depend on us for nutritious foods, and we’re grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement we’ve received from so many of you. Thank you for making Bob’s Red Mill a part of your life. We’re so proud to be your trusted source for wholesome foods, and we want you to know there are over 500 Bob’s Red Mill employee-owners working day and night to mill, mix, package and ship our products to your homes and to grocery stores across the country. We couldn’t do any of it without our dedicated employees and our amazing community.
With that in mind, we wanted to share with you some of the things we’re doing to protect our employees and give back to the community during this difficult time. We have put multiple policies and procedures in place to ensure we can continue to provide good food to our communities, while ensuring we do not violate our promise to prioritize the safety of our employee-owners.
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
- Communicating and enforcing health and safety guidelines in accordance with CDC recommendations, including social distancing and frequent hand washing
- Requiring on-site employees to wear masks
- Requiring telecommuting for all eligible positions
- Eliminating in person meetings, instead holding them via teleconferencing or virtually
- Requiring mandatory temperature screening for all employees and visitors before entering any of our facilities
- Limiting the number of visitors to our facility by canceling daily public tours of the mill and only allowing non-employees (such as vendors) whose on-site work is critically necessary for the operation of the business into our facilities
- Staggering lunch breaks to limit the number of employees in the break room at one time
- Cleaning all high-touch surfaces multiple times per day with disinfectant
- Providing hourly bonus pay for all employees who are continuing to perform essential work on-site
- Relaxing attendance requirements for absences due to illness or childcare
- Offering additional emergency sick pay for COVID-19 related needs, including support for employees caring for family members
- Offering additional emergency sick pay for childcare where a child’s school or childcare provider is closed due to COVID-19
- Continuing our ongoing partnership with No Kid Hungry, in support of their efforts to end childhood hunger in America
- Providing financial support and product donations to the Oregon Food Bank
- Donating healthy foods to local food pantries and hunger-related programs including the Salvation Army, Blanchet House, Sisters of the Road, and more
- Giving $50,000 to support restaurants through our Restaurant Love project
- During this time of uncertainty, we want to take a minute to assure you that we are here for you. With many people stocking their pantries at this time, we have recently experienced an unprecedented surge in demand. As a result, some of our popular products may be temporarily unavailable. Unfortunately, we are not able to take backorders for items that are out of stock. Rest assured that our employee-owners are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to mill, mix, package and ship the Bob’s Red Mill products that you are looking for, and we appreciate your patience, trust and support at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we hope you stay safe and healthy.