DetailsBob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Blue Cornmeal is slowly ground on our cool-running, century-old millstones. Our medium grind blue cornmeal has a unique dark indigo color with an intense flavor of fresh corn. It’s delicious—and a good source of dietary fiber and protein. This particularly sweet and flavorful variety of corn will add a fantastic new color to any recipe calling for yellow cornmeal. Use it to replace some or all of the cornmeal called for in your favorite recipes, or use to replace up to 25% of the flour in a recipe for added texture and flavor. Makes outstanding tortilla chips.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Absolutely. Fantastic.
- This makes the world's best cornbread. I used the recipe on the package, following the directions exactly. This puts other cornmeal to shame, easily.
- Great flavor, texture, color
- I have always loved corn. Blue corn is special, and Bob's Red Mill has the best I have found. It is a wonderful addition to my blueberry cherry pecan bread, adding color, texture and flavor
- What a find!
- My wonderful Mexican mother-in-law (who lives in Mexico) makes the best blue corn tortillas. She says the flavor of blue cornmeal is better than the yellow. She has asked me to keep an eye out for this, because it has been impossible to find blue cornmeal in any market (both USA and Mexican markets). I can't wait to gift her with a case of this blue cornmeal! Oh, and of course, she makes the best tortillas in the world!
- After trying this you won't buy others!
- I made the cornbread and fell in love with it the first time. 9 x 13 pan makes a large amount so I freeze 1/2 for later (double enjoyment)! Gave some to a friend and she has already e-mailed me for the brand name, etc. I made a pot of chili and this cornbread made an awesome meal. So happy I tried it.
- Great product!
- I love this product. It is a good, soft meal and the color is a great deal of fun! I sub it out for regular cornmeal and it works perfectly.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup(35g)
Servings Per Container: 19
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories130Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate25 g8 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron4 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain corn
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk