Find quick and easy dinner inspiration here! This recipe uses our Organic Quinoa Grain - a nutritional power house and complete protein! Mix in some salsa and bell peppers and top with fresh cilantro and avocado. This would be great prepped ahead of time for some healthy lunches or as a convenient weekday dinner - it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
Love our quinoa and want to know more? We recently visited Bolivia to check on the farms and watch the quinoa as it was harvested and prepared for transport. Read more here: Inside The Mill: How is Bob's Red Mill Quinoa Grown?
5 Ingredient Mexican Quinoa
Recipe developed by Chef Billy Parisi for Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods
- 2 cups Organic Quinoa Grain
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 tbsp fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium-sized pot and then add in the quinoa. Add a lid to the pan and simmer over low heat for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the bell pepper, salsa, cilantro and salt and pepper until combined.
- Garnish with sliced avocado if desired and more chopped fresh cilantro.
Makes 5 servings
Tried this recipe? Let us know in the comments!