DetailsOur Whole Grains and Beans Soup is a hearty blend of beans, seeds and whole grains including: small red beans, pinto beans, lentils, whole oat groats, brown rice, triticale berries, rye berries, hard red wheat, pearl barley, Kamut® Khorasan wheat, buckwheat groats and sesame seeds. Perfect for a meatless meal any night of the week!
Beans and whole grains are excellent sources of dietary fiber, rich in protein and low in fat. Since it contains no seasonings, this soup base is versatile and a delightful way to add the health benefits of beans and whole grains to your diet. For a basic preparation, just add vegetable or chicken broth. For more a more aromatic bowl of soup, add diced onions, garlic, ginger, carrot and green onions while cooking.
This mix can also be used as a base for Chicken Curry Soup by adding a variety of warming spices -- garam masala and curry powder. Chicken breasts can also be added for a satisfying, Indian-influenced lunch or dinner. The possibilities really are endless!
And if you don’t feel like coming up with your own spice combination? Try our Bean Soup Seasoning Mix for a classic blend of complimentary flavorings including chili pepper, basil, celery seed, cumin, oregano, black pepper, savory and garlic.
Customer Reviews 11 item(s)
- soup with a bite
- I needed to be away for several hours, so I decided to make the soup in my crock pot. I used 1 quart of low sodium chicken broth to a cup of the beans and turned the crock pot on low. When I returned several hours later, the beans were just beginning to split their skins and the mixture looked dry. I quickly added a 28-ounce can of rotel tomatoes plus chilies and cooked another 40 minutes. I l
- Simple, versatile, and delicious
- I am enjoying my first bowl of this soup. I made it in the crockpot with the simple addition of onion, celery, garlic, salt/pepper, and soy sauce. Before serving, I added chopped spinach.||I can already envision myself eating this on a weekly basis during the winter. There are a million different ways this soup could be cooked and I look forward to trying them.||Easy to prepare and very nutritious
- Easy, delicious, healthful food.....
- I use Kitchen Basics broth, either chicken or vegetable, with this mix (as well as other Red Mill mixes) and this one cooks up the quickest and is tastiest. I believe it's the variety of grains & beans that has my guests commenting on the excellent, interesting taste.
- EXCELLENT!! So easy to make, very hardy
- EVERYONE who tried it loved it! I went through a whole bag in less than a week!
- hearty and satisfyingly delicious!
- I thought this would be worth trying at least once, but I will be buying many more bags of this! The mixture cooked up exactly as directed. I used up every type of broth I had open in the fridge...beef, chicken and veggie, then added cooked ground turkey, butternut squash, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic with some thyme and fresh sage. It was PERFECT for a cool fall supper
- Pass the Beans and Grains Please!
- Packed full of amino acids. Fantastic with a little ham, kale, and red onion. Perfect with a slice of cheesy beer bread on the side. Now that's a meal!
- Loved this mix!
- I tried this product as I was looking for supplements to my diet on a fast including all whole foods, no meat or animal products, and no chemicals/additives. I really loved this mix, especially because it is tasty but also filling.
- Yummy AND Healthy
- added veggie broth, can of diced tomatoes, onion soup mix,garlic and spices. slow cooked for about an hour. Yummy!
- Excellent product and easy to prepare
- First time trying and it is delicious and so easy to prepared. Will definitely be purchasing again...
- Awesome!! But hard to find!!
- I can't remember where I bought this but is was really yummy.... However I can't find it anywhere! Not Ralphs, Pavillions, Albertsons.... So I guess I've got to order it online :( It's great for lazy folks like me cause I can mix in frozen veggies....||It would be nice if trader joes had it....
- Teriffic choice for a great hearty soup!
- My wife and I look for flavorful high fiber foods. This fits the bill. Great taste, easy to prepare, healthy and nutritious. We add vegetables and/or meat to taste. Overall 5 stars
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (53g) dry
Servings Per Container: 14
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories185Calories from Fat10
Total Fat1 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate34 g11 %Dietary Fiber8 g32 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein10 g20 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C2 %Calcium2 %Iron15 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
small red beans, pinto beans, lentils, red lentils, whole oat groats, brown rice, triticale berries (wheat), rye berries, hard red wheat, pearl barley, Kamut Khorasan Wheat, buckwheat groats and sesame seeds
*Manufactured in a facility that also