DetailsThick Rolled Oats (and we mean nice and extra thick!) are uniquely "kiln toasted" and freshly milled from the highest quality oats. These extra chewy oats produce extremely satisfying robust European-style cereal and yeast breads.
The modern oat draws its ancestry from the wild red oat, a plant originating in Asia. Oats have been cultivated for two thousand years in various regions throughout the world. Before being consumed as a food, oats were used for medicinal purposes, a use for which they are still honored. The growing of oats in Europe was widespread, and oats constituted an important commercial crop since they were a dietary staple for the people of many countries including Scotland, Great Britain, Germany and the Scandinavian countries. In the early 17th century, Scottish settlers brought oats to North America. Today, the largest commercial producers of oats include the Russian Federation, the United States, Germany, Poland and Finland.
Scores of studies have documented the many health benefits of oats. Eating oats helps lower LDL "bad" cholesterol and may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Oats help you feel fuller longer, which helps control your weight. Oatmeal and oats may help lower blood pressure. Oats may help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, since their soluble fiber helps control blood sugar. Oats are high in beta-glucans, a kind of starch that stimulates the immune system. Oats are higher in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains. They contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. Oats contain more than 20 unique polyphenols called avenanthramides, which have strong anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-itching activity. They also have the best amino acid balance of all the cereal grains.
Ask the person next to you to name all the ways we can eat oats, and "as oatmeal porridge, for breakfast" – would be the likely answer, followed quickly by "oatmeal cookies, granola, and granola bars." But that's only the beginning. There are many ways you can cook with oats. They make a great crispy coating; they extend meatloaf and burgers, while enhancing their juiciness; or they can make a savory side dish.
Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- Great Texture!
- Great way to start the day with some ceylon cinnamon & a smidge of milk.
- Throw out your Quaker Oats
- These are the best oats I have ever tasted! I cook them just like I would "1-minute" oats. I like my oatmeal thick and chewy, with very little water. These oats are so packed with flavor I eat them straight out of the bag! Thank you.
- Delicious and delightful
- I discovered these oats at a store near my work and fell in love with their taste and texture. Since retiring, I will drive an hour into the city just to visit this grocery store to purchase the oats. I buy several packages and keep them in my freezer. I have been known to serve guests "other" oats so they wont eat mine.
- GREAT PRODUCT
- My husband and I love these thick oats for breakfast. They are the best and they taste great too. Also great in cookies.
- Extra Thick Rolled Oats the Best
- I've tried every oatmeal under the sun since deciding years ago to eat oatmeal nearly every morning. BRM Extra Thick Rolled Oats are vastly superior to any other type or brand. The texture as well as the taste make that daily bowl of oatmeal a treat rather than a health regimen.
- Wow! Great stuff. I've ...
- Wow! Great stuff. I've been an "oatmeal man" for 25 years. I've tried all brands and usually wound up with the old reliable - Quaker Oats. After my wife bought me a bag of your extra thick rolled oats at Whole Foods I will never buy another brand. Thanks for a great product.
- Your extra thick rolled ...
- Your extra thick rolled oats are the cat's meow. I have eaten oats all my life, and these beat anything I have ever had. Thanks for a great product.
- When I serve breakfast at ...
- When I serve breakfast at our fellowship meetings, they love this extra-thick rolled oats. Thanks
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (48g)
Servings Per Container: 19
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat30
Total Fat3.5 g5 %Saturated Fat0.5 g3 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate32 g11 %Dietary Fiber5 g20 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein7 g14 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium2 %Iron15 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
whole grain oats
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk