Carefully selected from the finest rice crops in America, Bob's Red Mill Short Grain Brown Rice makes a wholesome and delicious addition to your table. This whole grain rice cooks up beautifully and offers a wonderfully nutty flavor and a hearty, chewy texture. The fat kernels that are so plump, they are almost round. They have a high starch content, which keeps the rice moist and causes it to stick together. This premium whole grain brown rice retains the outer bran layer with its fiber and micro-nutrients intact. It is low in fat, high in fiber, and makes a nutritious whole grain alternative to short grain white rice varieties.
Our Short Grain Brown Rice is outstanding for making rice balls, croquettes, and puddings. It can also be served alone or in stews, pilafs, casseroles, curries, soups or vegetable dishes. See the back of our package for basic cooking instructions, as well as two superb recipes to get you started cooking with Short Grain Brown Rice—Brown Rice Burgers and Brown Rice Salad with Peppers and Currants.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Excellent versatile rice
- Very flavorful rice, with a nice chewy bite. This has become my favorite rice -- white or brown. It can be used in most recipes (or just by itself) as it is not too sticky, unlike most short grain rice.
- Best of The Best !
- Since I discovered this rice, all others pale in comparison. The nutty flavor just can't be matched, and the texture is just right!I like to eat this as a side dish/snack, although adding extra ingredients can be nice too. I just won't cook any other brown rice again.
- Best brown rice we have had
- This rice is the best my husband and I have eaten. It has a wonderful texture even though it is short-grain and a terrific taste. It even looks better than other brown rices we have tried! We tried one bag to see if we would like it and now won't use any other brown rice, regardless of dish!
- Best Rice I've ever eaten
- I love this as a simple side dish. It has a rich nutty flavor that I now crave.
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (49g)
Servings Per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories170Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fatg0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate38 g13 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein3 g6 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron2 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
short grain brown rice
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk