Rye Bread Mix can be made in bread machines or by hand. Few loaves please a bread lover more than European-style, whole grain rye bread. The deep, hearty and distinctive flavor of rye has made it popular throughout history and it remains a staple in Eastern European countries and Scandinavia, where it can withstand the cold weather conditions better than other grains. Here at Bob’s Red Mill, we love enjoying this dense, delectable rye bread the traditional way, with cheese, smoked fish, salami or pastrami. Our packaging has simple, easy to follow directions for either hand or bread machine preparation. Rye bread has never been so easy! Makes one 1-1/2 lb. loaf
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- Add molasses & cocoa
- Add 3 Tbs of Molasses & 3 Tbs of cocoa to mix (found this option on a competitors product). Added it to Bob's Red Mill Stone Ground Rye Bread Mix. I threw it together in my bread machine before bed, set timer for a delayed start. We woke to the smell of fresh bread in the morning. Turned out great. The whole family loved it.
- Just like growing up in Germany
- I recently bought a few bags to try. oh my goodness, so easy to set up in the machine. And the flavor all through my house. Tastes just like I remember growing up in Germany. Our favorite use: for breakfast with good butter and jam, for lunch with swiss cheese and large tomatoe slice & chives, for dinner as Reuben sandwich. MOst of the time, we only need one slice of this bread instead of 4 from t
- Taste like my Grandmother's rye bread!
- I have made the Rye bread mix in my bread machine multiple times & rarely have had ANY problem. I do add extra heaping tablespoon of caraway seeds & 2-3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar to the mix. Then it tastes very similar to my Grandmother's rye bread, a favorite at Christmas served with fresh kielbasa. My Grandmother was taught her recipe by her grandmother when they lived in Poland. It is a b
- Really good, really easy Rye bread.
- Rye can be tricky and complicated to make into good bread. This mix is very straight forward. Hard to see where I could go wrong with it. The result was a well risen, flavourful and attractive loaf. Excellent stuff.
- the best ever
- I nake this with my bread machine, never disapointed.|Take to friends for dinner often.
- I don't have a bread machine so baked this in my regular oven as directed on the package. I only needed about a Tablespoon of my own flour for the kneading. It made a beautiful and delicious loaf. Even my husband who claims to dislike rye bread loved it warm with butter. Thanks to the team at Bob's who work so hard to bring these perfect mixes to us!
- A staple in my kitchen
- I hand make this bread and find the instructions easy to follow with consistent results every time. This bread has a wonderful texture, strong rye flavor (which I love) and makes the best toast in the world! This bread mix is a staple in my kitchen during the autumn and winter months when hearty breads are a must.
- good stuff
- works great in bread machine. taste great .
- OMG! AWSOME
- I used the mix in my bread machine & added a few more caraway seeds....|It was WONDERFUL!|I did not know if it would work since I live at 10,000 ft in altitude, but it was Great!|I plan on buying many more!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/2 inch slice
Servings Per Container: 13
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories150Calories from Fat25
Total Fat3 g5 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium210 mg9 %Total Carbohydrate25 g8 %Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein6 g12 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium4 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
enriched unbleached flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine, riboflavin and folic acid), dark rye flour, whole wheat flour, light rye flour, rye meal, evaporated cane juice, gluten, non-fat dry milk, active dry yeast, sea salt (magnesium carbonate as flowing agent), caraway seeds, ground caraway, soy lecithin
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk