DetailsRice bran is the vitamin-rich outer layer that surrounds the endosperm of whole grain brown rice. While comprising just 8% of total weight, rice bran (which includes the germ) accounts for 60% of the nutrients found in each rice kernel. Ordinarily, the oil in rice bran quickly spoils, but ours has undergone an effective stabilization process to ensure its freshness. Bob's Red Mill Rice Bran is low in fat and calories and rich in dietary fiber. It is also a good source of minerals including iron, magnesium and phosphorous. Our Rice Bran can be added it a variety of foods to boost your intake of fiber and nutrients. Try it in fruit smoothies, cereals, casseroles, soups, muffins, breads, cakes and other baked goods.
- Additional Information
Free Shipping N/A
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Great Product, but difficult to find
- Although groceries near me carry a wide variety of Bob's Red Mill products not one had this product. Not health food stores, not organic food markets, none of several specialty foodie stores, no one, and I live in New York City! So I have to mail order this product, which takes about 4-7 days and adds to the price.||That being said, rice bran is a nutritional powerhouse an excellent source or fi
- Rice Bran for High Triglycerides
- I investigated Rice Bran as a source of Phytosterols to help lower Triglycerides and improve ldl/hdl ratio .. surprisingly it tastes good too - will report on results after a couple of weeks ... good product so far..
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. (15g)
Servings Per Container: 34
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories50Calories from Fat30
Total Fat3 g5 %Saturated Fat0.5 g3 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterolmg0 %Sodiummg0 %Total Carbohydrate8 g3 %Dietary Fiber4 g16 %Sugars1 gN/AProtein2 g4 %
Vitamin A%Vitamin C%Calcium%Iron15 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy