DetailsRaw pumpkin seeds are also know as pepitas, the Spanish culinary term "little seed of squash". Pumpkin seeds have been a favored ingredient in Mexican cuisine for centuries and they remain a popular food today in many places around the world. The delicately nutty flavor of pumpkin seeds make them a wonderful addition to cereals, granolas, salads, entrées, or just by themselves. These small seeds pack a powerhouse of nutrition. They're a very rich source of protein and iron, as well as potassium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin E and magnesium. Raw pumpkin seeds are also an excellent source of B vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and folate. They're also low in calories which make them a delightful "guilt-free" snack. Bob's Red Mill selects only the finest Pumpkin Seeds to please your discriminating palate. When roasted, they are fabulous tossed with a salad or eaten as a snack. To roast pumpkin seeds, set oven to 350°F and place seeds on a cookie sheet. Bake the seeds for 10 to 15 minutes- stirring frequently to prevent burning. Lightly salt if desired.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- The Best
- I've purchased many brands and types of pumpkin seeds, and I have to say that the Bob's Red Mill brand are by far the best. They are so tasty! I thought I would roast them, but upon tasting them raw, I decided they did not need it. I eat them by themselves as a snack, and also make a oatmeal topping with them by combining:|1 cup Bob's Red Mill raw sunflower seeds (also delicious)|1 cup Bob's Red M
- Great snack for diabetics
- I'm a diabetic and always looking for healthy snacks I can eat. These pumpkin seeds are GREAT !! They satisfy that desire to chew something, they taste good, they're healthy for you, and they're a quick snack to grab. I toast them, then put in a bag in the freezer. Easy to dip out into a small bowl and snack on :) But be sure to watch your portion size, they do have calories.
- Amazing snack!
- Im a muncher...these pumpkin seeds have been my saving grace. Insted of grabing unhealthy potato chips and the like, I've taken to eating pumpkin seeds and they are wonderful. Each morning I have more energy than the day before and feel amazing. Swap your snack and see how you feel!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 3 Tbsp (30g)
Servings Per Container: 22
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories190Calories from Fat150
Total Fat16 g25 %Saturated Fat2.5 g13 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium5 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate4 g1 %Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Sugars0 gN/AProtein8 g16 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium0 %Iron15 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
pumpkin seeds, raw
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk