DetailsBob's Red Mill Organic Textured Soy Protein (TSP) is a superb natural product made from soybeans. It's made by removing the soybean oils using a natural water process, then cooking, extruding and drying ground soy. TSP is naturally gluten-free and is handled in our separate, dedicated gluten-free facility. It is routinely tested for using R5 ELISA testing protocol to ensure its gluten-free purity. Textured Soy Protein is a healthy alternative to meat in your diet. Textured Soy Protein readily absorbs liquid and takes on the flavor of your recipe. Although it doesn't add much flavor, it does have a hearty, pleasingly chewy texture. TSP is low in fat and calories, contains a wealth of protein, and it's a good source of dietary fiber. Soy contains complete protein with all the amino acids essential to human nutrition. Use TSP as an extender in meat and meatloaf, stew, chili and soups. It works great as a protein additive for health bars, salads, cereals, baked potatoes and stuffing. Season with cumin and chili powder for a delicious vegetarian taco filling. Adding TSP to your favorite cooked dishes is a tasty and simple way to take advantage of soy's bountiful nutrition. Here are instructions for reconstituting textured soy protein: pour 7/8 cup boiling water, vegetable broth or stock over 1 cup TSP. Stir and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. To cook in a microwave, cover tightly with plastic wrap and cook on high for 4 minutes; check after 2 minutes and add a little more liquid if needed.
- Related Products
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Easy way to add texture and good protein
- Since my children are vegetarian this is a great product to add more protein to their diet. It doesn't have much flavor, which is great, because you can add it to almost anything and it takes on the flavor of your meal. The little chunks look and feel like ground meat or even shredded cheese (depending on the dish) I have put it in their macaroni and cheese, in almost every soup I make, and I a
- Great substitute for ground meat.
- I use as taco filling, to add protein to spaghetti sauce and have used for sloppy joe sandwiches. Great product and no saturated fat!
- Nutritional Info
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (14g)
Servings Per Container: 26
Amount Per Serving % Daily
ValueCalories80Calories from Fat15
Total Fat1.5 g2 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium0 mg0 %Total Carbohydrate5 g2 %Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars1.5 gN/AProtein7 g14 %
Vitamin A0 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium5 %Iron8 %
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy